Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matches 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    5-2 win for Shels last night against Wexford. The new signings Jaze Kabia and Denzel Fernandes from Cobh look like gems and are having positive impact. 8 point lead with 5 games to go however our run-in is difficult so far from over yet
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Harps good form continues with a 2-1 win over Linfield in Windsor Park in a friendly.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Harry "good brand of football" Kenny there, playing a 4-3-3 with 4 centre backs and a left full in the team. Some man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Important three points for Dundalk tonight. I feared this could have been a banana skin as Vinny made eight changes and we haven't played well the season against a very tight and defensive Pats side.

There wasn't much between the two sides in the game, but Pats lacked a cutting edge up front and Dundalk just about shaded it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Poor enough stuff in the Showgrounds. I had an okay view of the penalty and Im sure the Rovers player got to the ball and it shouldnt have been given.
    We fluked an equaliser so probably a fair result.
    We play very little good football. I have to say Im a bit disappointed with Buckley in that respect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Poor enough stuff in the Showgrounds. I had an okay view of the penalty and Im sure the Rovers player got to the ball and it shouldnt have been given.
    We fluked an equaliser so probably a fair result.
    We play very little good football. I have to say Im a bit disappointed with Buckley in that respect.
    Poor game and a draw about fair - certainly neither side did enough to win it. Very scrappy and one of those games where both sides looked happy enough to get out with a draw with Derry and Pats losing its probobly a point gained for us in the mini League for 3/4/5 place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Thought the first half was good. Second half not so.

Mandroiu is such a classy player. Always able to make himself a yard or two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Watched the second half of Cork v Rovers on skorlive, they appeared to have the same feed / graphics than the one I paid for while on hols watching Dundalk v Waterford, even had commentary and replays, and interviews no less at the end, I think Cork are also piloting the pay for view thing along with Dundalk.

Rovers should really have won this game, looked the much better side in the second half, yet Cork had a great chance right at the death. Looked a strong side Rovers put out also, maybe 7 or 8 who started in Europe. The ref was a little unkind to Cork in the last 15 I thought, looked two clear fouls and nothing given, the peno not awarded from the O'Sullivan incident def falls into the 'I've seen them given' categories.

That's Rovers 7 points behind Dundalk now with a game more played, obviously not over, but this will give Dundalk a bit of breathing space as we have european games for at least the next 3 weeks.

Cork will be happy with that point, although I don't think they will be worried about the play off position, they should have enough finish a good bit away from the danger zone.
    Last edited by oriel; 28/07/2019 at 6:33 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Think it was said by a fair few at the start of the season that Rovers lack of a striker would ultimately cost them the league, and that appears to have come to pass. It could also cost us in the FAI cup, all things being equal.
    Onwards to Thursday in Limassol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Think it was said by a fair few at the start of the season that Rovers lack of a striker would ultimately cost them the league, and that appears to have come to pass. It could also cost us in the FAI cup, all things being equal.
    Onwards to Thursday in Limassol.
    Keo is a fine beer.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Watched the second half of Cork v Rovers on skorlive, they appeared to have the same feed / graphics than the one I paid for while on hols watching Dundalk v Waterford, even had commentary and replays, and interviews no less at the end, I think Cork are also piloting the pay for view thing along with Dundalk.

Rovers should really have won this game, looked the much better side in the second half, yet Cork had a great chance right at the death. Looked a strong side Rovers put out also, maybe 7 or 8 who started in Europe. The ref was a little unkind to Cork in the last 15 I thought, looked two clear fouls and nothing given, the peno not awarded from the O'Sullivan incident def falls into the 'I've seen them given' categories.

That's Rovers 7 points behind Dundalk now with a game more played, obviously not over, but this will give Dundalk a bit of breathing space as we have european games for at least the next 3 weeks.

Cork will be happy with that point, although I don't think they will be worried about the play off position, they should have enough finish a good bit away from the danger zone.
    Same pilot both teams doing it, definitely seems a case of a commentator in a studio somewhere as opposed to at the game though, surely it'd be easy enough to get a local presenter for each club, but maybe that's something for when(if) it gets fully rolled out. Seemed good quality otherwise definitely a good starting point, even if it did start 5 minutes late.
    Yeah ref was poor all game but was poor both ways so nothing to really complain about.
    I thought the reason we had a front loaded fixture list was to allow for games to be called off for Europe? So why have rovers only had one free match week out of the 4 in and around Europe so far? Not complaining about playing games during Europe but I thought it was pitched as have a front loaded season or play games during Europe not both. Both is just unnecessary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Hopefully all this CHANGE in the FAI will mean seasonstarts Feb 1st and finishes nov 14th with no mid season break.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Just seen the Rovers result in Cork, I presume Rovers rested a lot of players and played a second string given the massive opportunity to advance in Europe. It is not worth risking Jack Byrne, for example.

Making so many changes can disrupt creativity in a team.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Not really White Horse....strong team out but couldn't get the job done with some poor finishing from us and good defending from Cork on show. Byrne was good. Played some unreal passes but no cutting edge ahead of him. Story of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Not really White Horse....strong team out but couldn't get the job done with some poor finishing from us and good defending from Cork on show. Byrne was good. Played some unreal passes but no cutting edge ahead of him. Story of the season.
    I've checked the team, Rovers certainly went for it.

Byrne is a joy to watch and I hope he does it for Rovers on Thursday. Agree with the point regarding a cutting edge up front. If Rovers put that right, they will be hard to live with.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I've checked the team, Rovers certainly went for it.

Byrne is a joy to watch and I hope he does it for Rovers on Thursday. Agree with the point regarding a cutting edge up front. If Rovers put that right, they will be hard to live with.
    Strong side but the lads looked very leggy to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Strong side but the lads looked very leggy to me
    Europe takes it out of players. Switching up to that level requires levels of concentration that players in the LOI are not used to. I recall Dundalk always looking very flat in 2016 after European games as Kenny did not rotate many players.

Perth rotates much more, so Dundalk looked fresh against Pats. The downside is that they missed the quality of Hoban, Duffy, Boyle, Gannon etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Rumours that we might be seeing the end of Harry Kenny at Pats today.
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Unexpected events in Finn Park , great result for Harps fans.
    18. Was. Brutal stuff from ourselves. Probably the worst we've played this season.
    It was clear at half time that what we were doing wasn't working, yet no change was made.
    Harps have had the pitch narrowed, so it was congested in the centre. We were unable to break through, not helped by some poor decision making. Management to blame on that front.

Harps were poor enough too, but at least had a workable game plan. It's frustrating that we haven't developed a strategy to counter it. I still think UCD look a better side than them from what I've seen, but they've been grinding out results of late, so fair play to them.

Three wins in our last 11 games. It's just not good enough if we're aiming for Europe.
    The lack of a striker is really hurting, and would turn a few of those draws into wins.

Waterford tonight at home is essentially a must win.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    The pitch wasn't narrowed.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast