Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: Fixtures 19/20 July

  1. #21
    Youth Team Jack B's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    181
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    63
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Absolutely bizarre game that. Don't think it's bias to say that Pats were the better side on balance but...who cares. Kenny is completely incapable of setting up a team to create chances so we were ********ed once Bohs nicked the lead through an error from Clarkey. Drennan forced a great save from Talbot at 0-0 but outside of that just the usual huffing and puffing, oh and ANOTHER mid-game formation change that once again worked in the opposition's favour. Nice one Harry, now please leave.

  2. #22
    Apprentice Northsider's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    55
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    41
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Pat's were the better team, Bohs extremely sloppy at the back and quite miraculous we kept a clean sheet. Lads can moan and howl about Harry Kenny all they like but there's not much he can do when his team missed sitters like that Pats player did just before Bohs peno. The peno decision itself looked very very harsh.

    But a 3-0 win is just the tonic after a tricky week, 8 point gap to Pats now is a decent cushion. Good to see Ryan Swan bag a couple of goals too.

  3. #23
    Reserves D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    673
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    60
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    87
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Amazing to see the gulf that has emerged between the top four and the rest this season.

  4. #24
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    30,099
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,317
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,574
    Thanked in
    1,601 Posts
    Well that was a shambles. Never seen a team with so many one-on-ones before.

    Though I guess I'd take 7 points from 3 games and 7-0 andi the fourth.

    Still, happy 30000th post...

  5. #25
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    76
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    324
    Thanked in
    237 Posts
    Jack Byrne playing with a cigar in his mouth again, he seems to be getting better, great to c greener getting a couple of goals and Cummins getting off the mark.
    Shouldn't have taken to much out of the lads in advance of Europe. Finn got a day off which after all the pressing he did on Thursday he more than deserved.

  6. #26
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    76
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    324
    Thanked in
    237 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Well that was a shambles. Never seen a team with so many one-on-ones before.

    Though I guess I'd take 7 points from 3 games and 7-0 andi the fourth.

    Still, happy 30000th post...
    30000 posts ....Well done.

  7. #27
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,598
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    145
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    994
    Thanked in
    605 Posts
    Big result for Rovers with the added confidence of getting a load of goals. Heck, even Graham Cummins got one!

  8. #28
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,034
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    140
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Felt sorry for the UCD players watching that, huge blocks of time where a UCD player didn't touch the ball nevermind have full possession of it. The possession stat must have been at least 70-30 to Rovers. Jack Byrne was unbelievable once again as was Sean Kavanagh.

  9. #29
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,034
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    140
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Didn't know Marino wrote the Bohs official match previews

    "Mandroiu will instead serve that suspension today alongside skipper Derek Pender, who received a ban for his part in the unnecessary post-match scuffles, which were initiated by UCD goalkeeper Conor Kearns goading and deliberately inciting Bohs fans."

    https://bohemianfc.com/?cat=5

  10. #30
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    30,099
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,317
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,574
    Thanked in
    1,601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Felt sorry for the UCD players watching that, huge blocks of time where a UCD player didn't touch the ball nevermind have full possession of it. The possession stat must have been at least 70-30 to Rovers. Jack Byrne was unbelievable once again as was Sean Kavanagh.
    Brought it on ourselves really. Lost possession too easily and couldn't keep pace at the back. Rovers scored when they wanted really

  11. #31
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,034
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    140
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Brought it on ourselves really. Lost possession too easily and couldn't keep pace at the back. Rovers scored when they wanted really
    Yeah some moments where ucd showed what they can do with the ball but only we'll after Rovers had stopped trying.

    Good to see Osam do the warmup though even if he's not ready to be in the squad yet.

  12. #32
    First Team seand's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2003
    Location
    D'Shed
    Posts
    1,378
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    375
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    412
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Imagine losing 7-0 at Shamrock Rovers.... unthinkable

  13. #33
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,246
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    333
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    576
    Thanked in
    374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Didn't know Marino wrote the Bohs official match previews

    "Mandroiu will instead serve that suspension today alongside skipper Derek Pender, who received a ban for his part in the unnecessary post-match scuffles, which were initiated by UCD goalkeeper Conor Kearns goading and deliberately inciting Bohs fans."

    https://bohemianfc.com/?cat=5
    Yea, everyone is wrong except you 😁 and they are all laughing WITH you not AT you.

  14. #34
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,246
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    333
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    576
    Thanked in
    374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Absolutely bizarre game that. Don't think it's bias to say that Pats were the better side on balance but...who cares. Kenny is completely incapable of setting up a team to create chances so we were ********ed once Bohs nicked the lead through an error from Clarkey. Drennan forced a great save from Talbot at 0-0 but outside of that just the usual huffing and puffing, oh and ANOTHER mid-game formation change that once again worked in the opposition's favour. Nice one Harry, now please leave.
    Wouldn't argue Pats had more of the ball but they looked clueless. Hoofing the ball is not creativity and honestly the players you have are capable of much much better.

    I have often said Kenny deserved more time but its getting more difficult to say every time I see Pats. And for the record Bohs were very very poor today just made less basic errors
    Last edited by marinobohs; 21/07/2019 at 9:26 PM.

  15. #35
    Seasoned Pro PartySaint's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    2,612
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    524
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    836
    Thanked in
    422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Wouldn't argue Pats had more of the ball but they looked clueless. Hoofing the ball is not creativity and honestly the players you have are capable of much much better.
    It's been like that all season, we've had a lot of games where we look the better side without actually creating anything and then we go 1 down and it's game over.

    He has to go now, we could still get a decent run at the Cup with a new manager.

    Are Bohs getting a points deduction for the Mandriou thing? Only heard about it briefly in Sweden but haven't been checking the news on it.
    Here on a technicality.

  16. #36
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,549
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    24
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    268
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    It's been like that all season, we've had a lot of games where we look the better side without actually creating anything and then we go 1 down and it's game over.

    He has to go now, we could still get a decent run at the Cup with a new manager.

    Are Bohs getting a points deduction for the Mandriou thing? Only heard about it briefly in Sweden but haven't been checking the news on it.
    Middle third Pats are fine.Final ball is awful though.It was a really poor game..Bohs flattered by the win and the margin.
    Probably the smallest Pats support I have seen in recent years.About 2, 500 at the game.Another couple of hundred stayed in the bars to watch the golf
    A fine and three nil awarded to UCD, Pender suspended, Mandriou ban extended to include Pats game.Heard that was the extent of the penalty

  17. #37
    Seasoned Pro PartySaint's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    2,612
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    524
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    836
    Thanked in
    422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Pender suspended, Mandriou ban extended to include Pats game.Heard that was the extent of the penalty
    Pats going to wait and see how many points Bohs finish ahead of us and then write to the FAI asking for a points deduction.
    Here on a technicality.

  18. #38
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    248
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Didn't know Marino wrote the Bohs official match previews

    "Mandroiu will instead serve that suspension today alongside skipper Derek Pender, who received a ban for his part in the unnecessary post-match scuffles, which were initiated by UCD goalkeeper Conor Kearns goading and deliberately inciting Bohs fans."

    https://bohemianfc.com/?cat=5
    Wasn't really necessary and Bohs should be above that. Thankfully they didn't have someone write an article for the program to review the incident and post match UCD player comments. That would have been really embarrassing

  19. #39
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,246
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    333
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    576
    Thanked in
    374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    Wasn't really necessary and Bohs should be above that. Thankfully they didn't have someone write an article for the program to review the incident and post match UCD player comments. That would have been really embarrassing
    Emm maybe read the club Presidents note in the aforementioned programme, issue was dealt with.
    Bohemian FC The Big Club since 1890

    From the Cradle to the Grave - BTID

  20. #40
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,246
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    333
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    576
    Thanked in
    374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Pats going to wait and see how many points Bohs finish ahead of us and then write to the FAI asking for a points deduction.
    Probably too late for Pats to get rid of Kenny this season but suspect a serious consideration will be made with regard to next season. I just cant see a team pattern/ shape at all with Pats, lot of decent players but no cohesion which is down to the management team. Bohs are more limited quality wise but have a clear direction in how they want to play. That, yesterday, was the difference between the sides (although 3-0 was ridiculously flattering to Bohs).
    Bohemian FC The Big Club since 1890

    From the Cradle to the Grave - BTID

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LOI fixtures - Friday 28th July to Monday 31st July
    By Lim till i die in forum Rubbish
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02/08/2017, 3:07 PM
  2. LOI fixtures - Friday 28th July to Monday 31st July
    By ToberonaTornado in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 02/08/2017, 3:03 PM
  3. LOI fixtures Friday 14th July - Sun 16th July
    By ToberonaTornado in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 17/07/2017, 8:06 PM
  4. LOI Fixtures 7th July - 9th July
    By ToberonaTornado in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12/07/2017, 1:08 AM
  5. Fixtures 22/23 July
    By nigel-harps1954 in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 24/07/2016, 2:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •