Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 90 of 590 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    God nail bitting stuff last night... Had to look away for nearly the last half hour when rockmount were bombarding our goal... Job done though even if it wasn't very attractive stuff... Thought Brendan in Goal was superb. Fair play to rockmount for going the season unbeaten and thanks to Blarney for sneaking that draw during the week

No doubt it'll be just as close next year.. best of luck to rockmount in the munster senior cup.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Congratulations to Avondale

Been unable to get near this forum during the last day or so....

Congratulations to Avondale on retaining the league. As we hear over and over, leagues are won by the team which shows best form through the entire season. Tough on Rockmount - to go through the league without losing and then not actually winning the league must be a difficult pill to swallow.

And now... Avondale have the three in a row target!! But as Cliff has said, Rockmount have not gone away just yet.

Well done to John Caulfield and his team.
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Beamish Cup Semi

Douglas Hall 1 Youghal Utd 2
    Wasn't there... but Youghal took the lead, David Moore equalised before half time. 2nd half had plenty of 'Hall pressure but didn't take chances. Youghal got their lead goal and saw it out. Fair play, best of luck to Youghal in the final.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Castleview relegated having lost 1-0 to UCC.......just deserts?
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Castleview down... 3 sent off, 2 for castleview and 1 for college.
    Ref left a lot go on castleviews behalf i felt. Fair play to college they just got on with it and got the job done. Castleview keeper pushed college player in the face and their defender got a second yellow for calling the ref "a F**king joke"
    UCC player got sent off with minutes to go for a deserved second yellow for a really late challenge.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I heard from a reliable source that Caulfield has stepped down as Avondale manager. Huge loss to Avondale if this is true.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Heard that alright.

It was agreed at the season that this would be his last. Big boots to fill whoever takes over.
    It'll be interesting to see over the next 2 years how Avondale's senior team goes seeing the CC fell after Fergus Mcdaid left

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    Castleview relegated having lost 1-0 to UCC.......just deserts?

for sure! castleview got what they deserved yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Yes it looks like Caulfield has stepped down. 3 leagues and 2 intermediate cups in his spell as manager of Avondale.

They will surely be boots to fill but hopefully the team will stick together and not fall apart like corinthians did.

Heard that an ex cork city player is taking over from Caulfield.. Declan Daly or Phil Harrington???

Any news of Billy Cronin retiring?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    Heard that an ex cork city player is taking over from Caulfield.. Declan Daly or Phil Harrington???
    Possibly Billy Woods or Colin O'Brien as well.
    I'm a 23yr old right-handed heterosexual who drinks milk and likes democracy. - dcfcsteve knows me well

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    I've heard that Cormac Cotter has been approached.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Any news of Billy Cronin retiring?

No.

no idea if he wants to finish up. I reckon he'll want to go out on a winning note, but the man has achieved more than most and will go down as an MSL legend either way so we'll see.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    No.

no idea if he wants to finish up. I reckon he'll want to go out on a winning note, but the man has achieved more than most and will go down as an MSL legend either way so we'll see.
    That is true...

How long has he been at the helm now Clifford?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    That is true...

How long has he been at the helm now Clifford?
    11 Years and still running?
    Both John Caulfield (7 Years) and Billy Cronin have brought great distinction to the MSL during their terms in charge. Their teams have been pretty dominant in the leagues and deserve great, great credit for the manner in which they have kept the hunger in their respective teams.

I think it may be too early to be writing Billy off just yet - I'll believe when I see!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Caulfield got a good send off tonight. Avondale beat Douglas Hall 3-1 on penalties after a 0-0 draw. Heard the game was pi*s poor with both teams missing loads. Bit of a pucking match in the dugouts as well by all accounts. Anybody at the game?
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Mick Walsh was appointed new manager at Avondale by all accounts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billynomates View Post
    Mick Walsh was appointed new manager at Avondale by all accounts
    That's an interesting appointment
    I'm a 23yr old right-handed heterosexual who drinks milk and likes democracy. - dcfcsteve knows me well

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Youghal beat St Marys 2-1 this morning in the final of the Beamish Cup.
    Marys also missed a penalty at 2-1.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Any transfer gossip or is it too early ? St Marys snapping up a few are they

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mr X. A reply to your attitude about Manager

Firstly I would like to say how disappointed I am at reading comments from a so called Carrigaline supporter slating Canice and Kevin. I know who this player is and have listened to his and his little army of so called team mates poison for the past six months. These guys are the root of all the current problems with the senior squad at Carrigaline United. I have been involved in Carrigaline United for over 20 years and have seen this year in year out. Players (some of whom would not lace the boots of most senior players in the MSL) who do not adhere to rules nor any managers who seem to bring a professional attitude to the squads they manage. The main reason being that deep down they know they are not good enough to play senior football but have the arrogance to bully those around them in order to safeguard their places on the squad.

Mr X in particular is one of them. Mr X is a senior squad member who like another close squad members has not agreed with the managers decisions during the season. Mr X is a player who has come from a Youths team that won the 1st Division last year (NOT Premier but First) and is in his first season as a senior has decided that he knows better than two coaches who have far more experience than him and his friend who has spent most of the past three seasons fighting with several good managers in the MSL.

Sure, a teams relegation comes down to several factors and yes I agree that the management are one of those. However, Canice and Kevin have brought a different dimension to Carrigaline United this season from a coaching perspective and up until January all those senior players were quite happy with both of them. However when results started to go against this team, several players suddenly decided that they were not happy to play for Canice and Kevin. This showed in their performances on the pitch. Due to an incredible string of injuries, Canice and Kevin had to suffer with playing these players. When a players attitude is so poor and an option of replacing that player is not available to the manager it makes it very difficult for a manager to remove that.

This squad had Tony O’Regan as a coach last season. Tony is a well respected manager in the MSL and had brought Carrigaline to heights not seen since the glory days of 1984 when Carrigaline won the AOH cup. This same squad also got relegated under Tony, thus illustrating the fact that they are not a good senior team. Canice inherited this squad and unfortunately could not get new players into the club. I was speaking with several players during pre season from Avondale, Rockmount and Douglas Hall and asked why players did not want to play for Carrigaline. The reply from each of these players was “I wouldn’t want to play with most of those players – theyre not good enough”.

I watched this team this season and the attitude on the pitch was similar to last season. They were good to watch on the ball (due to the under 17 team players drafted in) but did not have any cutting edge to finish teams off. Following the game, the players who played poorly were the ones who gave out about the manager, the pitch, the referee, the weather. Basically everything but the clear fact that they did not give 100 per cent out on the pitch. This was the case for the whole season.

These players have been given everything possible by the club and the management to give them every possible chance of getting promoted. The training was exceptional, the pitches hired all good surfaces. The fact that the redevelopment has cost the club so much did not stop them paying out good money for Garryduff, Pfizers, Crosshaven FC, etc. But when you see seven senior players attending training on a Tuesday night you have to question their attitude... This is what left Carrigaline United in the position they are now in.. The players attitude..... FACT..

So Mr X, I would hope that you
    Take a good read of the above.
    Print off several copies.
    Hand them out to those players who have tried to inject this poisonous attitude into the squad.
    Attend pre season training with the intention of getting Carrigaline United out of its current mess and promoted. Whoever the manager is.

After all Mr X, it was you and your friends that put them there.

Yours in football.
    Its only a game...
    Last edited by razor; 04/06/2009 at 9:57 PM. Reason: cleaned up the post