Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by collcorforever View Post
    Corinthians 7 Casement 0 Great win for us today, Casement started very well but we got a pen after about 20 minutes and never looked back. 2 more games to go hopefully well do the business but a long way to go yet.
    Super win for College fair play came into form at the right time. I beg of you to keep this going in the last two games and give everything to hitting 43 points. I know ye will do the right thing!!!

Great win for Castleview as well today. Wouldn't fancy going up there either if I were Ringmahon.

Yes, that is a big straw I'm clutching at!!!
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggs View Post
    marys 3 Douglas 1
    My sources tell me that Phil Harringtons teamtalk was centered around taking Garrath Cambridge out of it from the start it was over heard by the ref and he didnt like what he heard now I wasnt at the match so I can't comment on Ref's performance.Perhaps ball-hop could elaborate on this.
    Not privy to what might or might not be said in the dressing room. I wouldn't expect any of the refs in the premier division to be influenced by anything they might or might not hear before the game, during the game or at half time.
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    marys 3 Douglas 1
    My sources tell me that Phil Harringtons teamtalk was centered around taking Garrath Cambridge out of it from the start it was over heard by the ref and he didnt like what he heard now I wasnt at the match so I can't comment on Ref's performance.Perhaps ball-hop could elaborate on this.
    Well if that was the teamtalk they paid no attention to it. Cambridge ran the show from start to finish. In fact I thought he played better against 11. If that is through Hall executive need to have a look at that. Why would you get some of the best footballers in the league to go out and take out an opposing player. Its all about playing to your strenghts and surely Hall strenght is the football that they play.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Jesus Shinguard what match were you at Everton dominated first half Midleton dominated second half in general it was a very clean game,the only downside of the game was Everton's two thugs who roared constent abuse randomly through out the match if they werent roaring at a Midleton player they were roaring at their own in the end I think their own players were embarrassed by the specticle at one stage the Midleton coach was encouraging one of his players and the Everton coach got stuck on him it was unbelivable their was young kids situated around the dugouts what kind of example is this setting.
    Thats a first for me. Whatever about Mogsy but I never heard Pa being described as a thug. Things must have been bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ball-hop View Post
    Not privy to what might or might not be said in the dressing room. I wouldn't expect any of the refs in the premier division to be influenced by anything they might or might not hear before the game, during the game or at half time.
    Strange one on me as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Super win for College fair play came into form at the right time. I beg of you to keep this going in the last two games and give everything to hitting 43 points. I know ye will do the right thing!!!

Great win for Castleview as well today. Wouldn't fancy going up there either if I were Ringmahon.

Yes, that is a big straw I'm clutching at!!!
    castleview is always gonna be a tough place to go no matter wat day it is never mind when your goin for the league.lost league up there few seasons back.great northside southside rivalary that goes back years..were playing coriantians now saturday.if we beat them and beat castleview and coriantians win there other games i think it will go to a play off then between us but we will take one game at a time..does anyone know about the draw for pop kelleher cup

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Refs site has you away to View this sat night Ring4ever. College away to Leeds sun morn also on that site. You sure ye playin college?
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Refs site has you away to View this sat night Ring4ever. College away to Leeds sun morn also on that site. You sure ye playin college?
    MSL website says the game between ringmahon and coritnthians is fixed for saturday at 3. I believe leeds objected to playing corinthians this weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billynomates View Post
    MSL website says the game between ringmahon and coritnthians is fixed for saturday at 3. I believe leeds objected to playing corinthians this weekend.
    Can you do that?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Not sure why but our game is changed. We're now away to Mallow Sunday morning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billynomates View Post
    Leeds pulling a fast one so is it??? Denying the inevitable... can't look past corinthians and ringmahon for promtion!! they have looked the better sides in the division this year, reckon just a year too soon for fermoy. reckon there time will come next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    why did leeds pull a fast one.are they waiting to see how our game goes saturday to find out have they stil a chance..anymore info.biggest game of the year on saturday for both teams.should expect a bumper crowd lol..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ringmahon4ever View Post
    why did leeds pull a fast one.are they waiting to see how our game goes saturday to find out have they stil a chance..anymore info.biggest game of the year on saturday for both teams.should expect a bumper crowd lol..
    Aparently they felt it would be unfair as their league games would be finished while ringmahon, fermoy and corinthians would still have a game left. I presume the 4 teams will all play at the same time and same day. No one said they were pulling a fast one. I believe its a justifyable request

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I spoke to a douglas hall player this morning on my rounds and i asked him about this dressing room incident about nailing cambridge . He said they wern't told to nail him as they are not that tyope of player but were told to mark john paul and close the space around cambridge . No team would ever intentionally go out to hurt a player.

15. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the hawk View Post
    I spoke to a douglas hall player this morning on my rounds and i asked him about this dressing room incident about nailing cambridge . He said they wern't told to nail him as they are not that tyope of player but were told to mark john paul and close the space around cambridge . No team would ever intentionally go out to hurt a player.
    Which would be most teams tactics against marys as they are marys bigges threat. I would be very surprised if teams didnt try to nulify the two mentioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Anyone know how Douglas got on in the cup vs Temple last night??
    Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by footiefanatic View Post
    Anyone know how Douglas got on in the cup vs Temple last night??
    'Hall won 6-1. Mark Murphy and Gary Drennan got 2 each. Derek Varian and Strachan got the others.
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by central fox View Post
    Goggs i think it was in fact you who was at a different game,john ryan and his crew on the line were encouarging knowles and a few others into risky and bad challenges and obviously that upset pat brown and the everton people.everton were the only team trying to win the game,midleton went one up front for the second half,while everton pushed on and got what they deserved in the end
    First of all welcome to the forum central fox and i'm going to take this slowly as if i'm taking to a 4 year old child.In the first half Midleton had Chubbs and Murphy up front in the second they had Knowls and Murphy up front with Chubbs droping into midfield that means that their was 2 up front in the first half and two up front in the second half even when they made a sub Mccarthy for Murphy it was a straight swap at this stage you would probably want to reread what's going on to keep up.So just to highlight its still two up front.Now for the encouragment of bad challanges Midleton have one red all season and have the best disciplinary record in the league as they had last season in the first division their coach may have had a dodgey discipline record himself but his team that he puts out are the best behavied in the MSL check the fines and ask any ref,Everton on the other hand I'm not so sure they know only one route and that's route one there philosophy on football has never progressed and I don't think it will as long as you have that tactical genius they call Mogsy on the technical staff but in saying that their style works for them and fair play to them but if your going to come on here and mention Knowls and bad challenges in the same sentence this forum will chew you up and spit you out for talking rubbish
    Last edited by Goggs; 07/04/2011 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Language Timothy -

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    First of all welcome to the forum central fox and i'm going to take this slowly as if i'm taking to a 4 year old child.In the first half Midleton had Chubbs and Murphy up front in the second they had Knowls and Murphy up front with Chubbs droping into midfield that means that their was 2 up front in the first half and two up front in the second half even when they made a sub Mccarthy for Murphy it was a straight swap at this stage you would probably want to reread what's going on to keep up.So just to highlight its still two up front.Now for the encouragment of bad challanges Midleton have one red all season and have the best disciplinary record in the league as they had last season in the first division their coach may have had a dodgey discipline record himself but his team that he puts out are the best behavied in the MSL check the fines and ask any ref,Everton on the other hand I'm not so sure they know only one route and that's route one there philosophy on football has never progressed and I don't think it will as long as you have that tactical genius they call Mogsy on the technical staff but in saying that their style works for them and fair play to them but if your going to come on here and mention Knowls and bad challenges in the same sentence this forum will chew you up
    Well said goggs. Everton have always tried to beat teams using long balls and being physical, and there is nothing wrong with that and can be effective. But to say midleton especially Knowles who is one of the nicest guys you could meet went out to ruffle evertons feathers is farcical. I was not at the game myself but have seen midleton a few times this season and they have always tried to play football. I like your comment about Mogsy too
    Last edited by razor; 07/04/2011 at 8:47 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Leave poor auld Mogsy alone
    Who's going to win Donie Forde Cup tomorrow night ? I'll have to plump for Blarney ! Marys beat them in Keane Cup final a few years ago but Blarney to triumph this time ! Both teams in good form going into it