Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Quote copied from Razor on the Intermediate thread just cos today was Dale's payback and payback in spades it was.
    But Mount only had to play the 2nd half against 10 men.
    Who was reffin?
    He must log on here
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    But Mount only had to play the 2nd half against 10 men.
    Who was reffin?
    He must log on here
    Yeah we did and restricted Dale to a big fat 0, that's 0 attempts on goal. Oh he sent off one of ours as well to even things up before going on to award the most disgustingly ridiculous cheating spotter I've even seen given in my life.

But there ya go, league wide open which is what the MSL wanted at the end of the day.

Still unbeaten in over two years of league football!
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    the most disgustingly ridiculous cheating spotter I've even seen given in my life.
    I wasn't there so I couldn't say, and while I do respect your report, I'm afraid I may have to go elsewhere for am impartial view

But there ya go, league wide open which is what the MSL wanted at the end of the day.
    conspiracy theory, i like it.

Still unbeaten in over two years of league football!
    A super achievement at any level, well done.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I can second that alright(regarding the penalty decision)
    I decided to travel up to Rockmount park on Sun morning. It was quite a trip but it was worth it.
    Between Avondale getting a sending off just before half time, the penalty decision at the end and Caulfield & Billy Cronin having a go at each other at half time it was all quite worth the trip.
    Rockmount went one up about 25 minutes into the end game. Deasy scored from a Brendan O 'Connell mistake. Rockmount played football for the first half. Avondale then just got a man sent off, for what was a defo sending off but Finbarr Murphy was not going give the red only for Rockmount players to kind of bulling em into it. That is something I think is totally wrong but how Finbarr wasn't going to give the red was quite funny. Caulfield gave out to Horgan for getting sent off but JC was totally right. It was a bad challenge in the middle of the park, which wasn't needed
    Then the half time whistle went & Caulfield made a quick burst to the referee where Cronin followed. They obviously clashed with Caulfield pushing past Billy who in turn shouldered em. It was worth the trip and the cold weather.
    Second half started and Avondale created nothing but had more of the ball. They played quite a bit of long ball, infact that is all the played. Rockmount looked solid and had a man sent off, deservingly so. His first was a yellow which could have been a red only for Hally to stay on his feet. 10 minutes later he gave away another foul and then when he gave out the finbarr he picked up the ball and lashed into the other field. How that wasn't red then I don't know what is(I'll get on to Damo).Then came Damo, I'm laughing while I'm typing this cause I have to say it was was so bad a decision a person would have to laugh. I'm trying to think which was worse, his scream or his fall. I wouldn't call it a dive cause he couldn't even do that right. He landed on his knees standing upwards with his two hands in the air screaming but how Finbarr gave it was I suppose as Cliffy said disgraceful. It was shocking. Without doubt a yellow for diving. I was surprised how calm Rockmount were afterwards cause Caulfield would have went mad, AGAIN
    Overall Rockmount were the better team and looked like they were in third gear. The dale looked quite poor.
    Pick of the Match: Johnny C & Billy Cronin at half time. These two must not like each other.
    Moan of the match: Has to be poor old Finbarr. What a disgraceful decision but Damo needs to have a look at himself too
    As they say "that's football"!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Oh ya, missing for Avondale
    Cotter
    Spratt
    O'Sullivan

Missing for Rockmount
    Howey
    Beechinor
    Busteed.

Finbarr refereeeing Avondale vs Douglas hall in Monday's replay. That's 3 weeks in a row................

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Footballer View Post
    I can second that alright(regarding the penalty decision)
    I decided to travel up to Rockmount park on Sun morning. It was quite a trip but it was worth it.
    Between Avondale getting a sending off just before half time, the penalty decision at the end and Caulfield & Billy Cronin having a go at each other at half time it was all quite worth the trip.
    Rockmount went one up about 25 minutes into the end game. Deasy scored from a Brendan O 'Connell mistake. Rockmount played football for the first half. Avondale then just got a man sent off, for what was a defo sending off but Finbarr Murphy was not going give the red only for Rockmount players to kind of bulling em into it. That is something I think is totally wrong but how Finbarr wasn't going to give the red was quite funny. Caulfield gave out to Horgan for getting sent off but JC was totally right. It was a bad challenge in the middle of the park, which wasn't needed
    Then the half time whistle went & Caulfield made a quick burst to the referee where Cronin followed. They obviously clashed with Caulfield pushing past Billy who in turn shouldered em. It was worth the trip and the cold weather.
    Second half started and Avondale created nothing but had more of the ball. They played quite a bit of long ball, infact that is all the played. Rockmount looked solid and had a man sent off, deservingly so. His first was a yellow which could have been a red only for Hally to stay on his feet. 10 minutes later he gave away another foul and then when he gave out the finbarr he picked up the ball and lashed into the other field. How that wasn't red then I don't know what is(I'll get on to Damo).Then came Damo, I'm laughing while I'm typing this cause I have to say it was was so bad a decision a person would have to laugh. I'm trying to think which was worse, his scream or his fall. I wouldn't call it a dive cause he couldn't even do that right. He landed on his knees standing upwards with his two hands in the air screaming but how Finbarr gave it was I suppose as Cliffy said disgraceful. It was shocking. Without doubt a yellow for diving. I was surprised how calm Rockmount were afterwards cause Caulfield would have went mad, AGAIN
    Overall Rockmount were the better team and looked like they were in third gear. The dale looked quite poor.
    Pick of the Match: Johnny C & Billy Cronin at half time. These two must not like each other.
    Moan of the match: Has to be poor old Finbarr. What a disgraceful decision but Damo needs to have a look at himself too
    As they say "that's football"!

A spot on summary in my book. Just cause I'm Mount through and through Razor don't mean I'd lie or distort things. It really was a shocking decision to the point that even O Connell was laughing when he got up in shock/disbelief.

Half time entertainment provided at Rockmount park is a step ahead of the rest as well, never a dull moment when those two meet up!
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Just cause I'm Mount through and through Razor don't mean I'd lie or distort things.
    I never said that, its just that your views are pretty much one sided, thats all.
    The fact that it was a soft penno probably makes it all the sweeter for Dale.
    Will ask Damo when I see him.
    Last edited by razor; 10/03/2008 at 1:09 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I never said that, its just that your views are pretty much one sided, thats all.
    The fact that it was a soft penno probably makes it all the sweeter for Dale.
    Will ask Damo when I see him.
    Very harsh on me, I'm a bastion of all things equality related...

I've even had my fair, exciting, unbiased reports put up on the MSL website.......what more do I need to do to prove that I love all the clubs in the MSL without predjudice?????

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Always complaining about referees in Cork. How will Marys do at Wayside on Sunday?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Will they be complaining about ref if they dont win?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Very harsh on me, I'm a bastion of all things equality related...
    How come you never mentioned Micky "Rocky" Deasys attempt to punch the knees off the soon to be red carded Dale defender?
    Could have been a player each heading for an early HT
    For the record, my impartial source told me it was a very soft penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by messer View Post
    Always complaining about referees in Cork. How will Marys do at Wayside on Sunday?
    In the immortal words of Damien Richardson, they'll be "Ridden Rock Solid"

Quote Originally Posted by messer View Post
    Will they be complaining about ref if they dont win?
    Depends on the severity of the RRS
    Last edited by razor; 11/03/2008 at 8:39 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    How come you never mentioned Micky "Rocky" Deasys attempt to punch the knees off the soon to be red carded Dale defender?
    Could have been a player each heading for an early HT
    For the record, my impartial source told me it was a very soft penalty.
    Aw sure god help us the poor likkle girlies making up likkle stories to justify their woeful assault on Yelvie.

Interesting that footballer didn't see fit to mention "said event" either in his above post...

Good draw for Dale in the senior cup 2nd round. Away trip to Salthill for Rockmount.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    FAI Ford Senior Challenge Cup - 2nd Round Draw

Corduff United FC V St. Mary’s AFC
    Avondale United FC V Drogheda Town FC
    Douglas Hall FC/ Castlebar Celtic FC V Belgrove FC
    Crumlin United FC V Liffey Pearse FC
    Salthill Devon FC V Rockmount AFC
    Killester United FC V Bangor Celtic FC
    Swilly Rovers FC V Wayside Celtic FC
    St. James Gate V Carrick United FC
    Everton AFC V Tullamore FC
    Mervue United FC/Lissadel United V Fanad United/Carrigaline United

Fixtures to be played weekend ending, Sunday 20th April

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Aw sure god help us the poor likkle girlies making up likkle stories to justify their woeful assault on Yelvie.
    This came from an impartial source, no justification was made on behalf of the Dale player, definite second yellow but surely that would be punishment enough without having a guy half his size trying to knock him out.
    I can see it now, "Put up your Dukes" with a hand on his forehead and he swingin furiously.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Match called off yesterday vs Everton, only shame was ref waited til everyone was there before pulling it. A quick trip out in the morning would have seen it cancelled and no need to make the trip.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Rockmount 3-0 Carrigaline

Beamish cup game today, easy win for the Mount team, Robbie Deasy and Pat Keane and Beech got them. Fermoy next up in this cup.
    Last edited by Clifford; 17/03/2008 at 8:35 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Apparently Douglas Hall 1-3 Everton is a result from the league today. They must be wrecked after Monday's exploits. Fair play to Everton.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    avondale 5-1 cobh wanderers,terrible day at the office for the wanderers
    Bake em away Toys

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I believe the Hall took another beating today at the hands of Blarney, MSL's plans to have an 8 point Hall gap at the end of Easter has blown up somewhat.

Come on Rockmount, fixture pile up or not we'll give it everything to win the three in a row.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Everton beat Avondale 2-1 yesterday up in Everton Park.
    With one of the Everton goals a hoof from 50 yards the bounce deceived the Dale keeper, over him and into the net.
    Last edited by razor; 25/03/2008 at 10:04 AM.