Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    UCC 1-1 Rockmount

Evening all. Had a fine day out with UCC today, standing into their colours match in place of Corinthians who normally do it. Thoroughly enjoyable evening, match was a very good game played in excellent spirit on a wet and windy evening. UCC took the lead after about 15 mins, Mount should have been one up by then. The Champions had most of the pressure, but the College lads withstood it and got stronger as the game went on. Mount turned up the heat with 20 left when Willie Byrne smashed home a penalty after a blatent hand ball in the box. This goal maintained the unbeaten Rockmount run and in truth they didn't do enough to win it late on.

Good day was had by all.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    mayfield 2 Fermoy 1. mayfield played so bad it wasn't even funny they couldn't pass the ball 2 yards they made fermoy look a half desent team i was shocked mayfield took a 2 goal lead but it's games like that when u win playing bad that win leauge for ya i think we're up 2 second now.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfield utd View Post
    mayfield 2 Fermoy 1. mayfield played so bad it wasn't even funny they couldn't pass the ball 2 yards they made fermoy look a half desent team i was shocked mayfield took a 2 goal lead but it's games like that when u win playing bad that win leauge for ya i think we're up 2 second now.

should this not be posted in the first divison section??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Ah sure who cares, it's the same people reading both either way...

Intermediate cup for Mount this weekend, hopefully the weather will be kind and we can get a decent game played.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Ah sure who cares, it's the same people reading both either way...

Intermediate cup for Mount this weekend, hopefully the weather will be kind and we can get a decent game played.
    Dale out in Blarney under lights, hope it goes the full 90 for Blarney this week
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Dale out in Blarney under lights, hope it goes the full 90 for Blarney this week
    razor, what do ye mean by 'hope it goes the full 90 for blarney'???
    is there something we should know?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda01 View Post
    razor, what do ye mean by 'hope it goes the full 90 for blarney'???
    is there something we should know?
    Their debut game under lights against Castleview last weekend was abandoned after 13 minutes of the 2nd half when ref Aidan O'Regan awarded the home team a penalty.
    There were words spoken upon which he blew his whistle and abandoned the match.`
    Theres a thread on the city forum about it
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Their debut game under lights against Castleview last weekend was abandoned after 13 minutes of the 2nd half when ref Aidan O'Regan awarded the home team a penalty.
    There were words spoken upon which he blew his whistle and abandoned the match.`
    thanks for that razor! no comment about the referee as it's not the place for it, i wonder will blarney get the points as they could badly do with them at the moment!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I heard about it Sun night from a Blarney player and thought it was the right decision by the ref. Hope the guy gets at least a year and Blarney get the 3 points. This is a thing that could occur again if not sorted asap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I heard about it Sun night from a Blarney player and thought it was the right decision by the ref. Hope the guy gets at least a year and Blarney get the 3 points. This is a thing that could occur again if not sorted asap.
    if the rumors are true wasn't this player already suspended before for six months
    Bake em away Toys

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gee wizz View Post
    if the rumors are true wasn't this player already suspended before for six months
    Don't know, but if he was then he should be gone for good. Sounds mental and I'd not like to meet him after dark. Crikey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don't know, but if he was then he should be gone for good. Sounds mental and I'd not like to meet him after dark. Crikey.
    super footballer a couple of years ago,maybe it was just one of those days,not standing up for the player but the standard of refereeing is pretty poor at the moment save maybe 3 or 4 but the league must take responsibility for that,look at j.lenihan my 8year old son could referee better than him he is a joke
    Bake em away Toys

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gee wizz View Post
    super footballer a couple of years ago,maybe it was just one of those days,not standing up for the player but the standard of refereeing is pretty poor at the moment save maybe 3 or 4 but the league must take responsibility for that,look at j.lenihan my 8year old son could referee better than him he is a joke

i agree that the standard of referee is very poor in the msl, but the league won't/cant do anything about this because of a shortage of refs, like who in their right mind would be a ref, too many of them have ego's or get grief at home from the missus or something as the attitude they take towards players is apppaling, and what's the most annoying part is that no one can question them, not even the captain of the team, they just shout down to you so there not even accountable for their actions. referees are the only ones getting paid on a sunday morning so as semi professionals, they should be some way accountable. (this is only my opinion as i'm sick to death of poor referees ruining many a good game, as a spectator and as a player).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i agree that the standard of referee is very poor in the msl, but the league won't/cant do anything about this because of a shortage of refs, like who in their right mind would be a ref, too many of them have ego's or get grief at home from the missus or something as the attitude they take towards players is apppaling, and what's the most annoying part is that no one can question them, not even the captain of the team, they just shout down to you so there not even accountable for their actions. referees are the only ones getting paid on a sunday morning so as semi professionals, they should be some way accountable. (this is only my opinion as i'm sick to death of poor referees ruining many a good game, as a spectator and as a player).
    Well said, I agree totally. What happened against Blarney is totally unexcusable and the ref was right to call the game off. But I know this player and this is not his form to be honest. He is one of the best players in the MSL over the last 6/7 years and he has stuck with Castleview through tick and thin. Castleview are giulty of losing there discipline from time to time and they need to sort it out for once and for all, but I would not slate the player in particular and would put it down to a moment of madness.

Yes a suspension is required here but he should not be thrown out of the MSL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    superbly said yoda01,the league should take a look at the referees and their standard in general i mean as you said they are the ones being paid and just in case anyone thinks i'm referee bashing i'm not as i said earlier there are 3 or 4 very good refs around but the rest just add fuel to the fire by upseting players by treating them like schoolkids,i got more respect underage than i do now off refs and i'm well past the age where i want to be acting the hard man on a football pitch.
    Bake em away Toys

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Blarney 0-1 Avondale Utd

Blarney very unlucky, had 2 good penalty shouts and O'Connell very shaky in goal for Dale.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Blarney 0-1 Avondale Utd

Blarney very unlucky, had 2 good penalty shouts and O'Connell very shaky in goal for Dale.

who scored for ye razor?
    blarney look to be in trouble, are they "too good to go down"??? their not picking up points at the moment and it could be too late before long, what do people think??
    any other results???

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How have all the Cork teams found the standard of referees in Dublin in the Inter cup?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Clifford, Any truth in the rumour that Alan O'Connor will be getting a one year deal with Cork City? I heard he didn't play for ye at the weekend.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    On the subject of bad refs, Heard there was an avondale player sent off for one yellow card!