Page 36 of 590 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136536 ... LastLast

Thread: Munster Senior League

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Fair play to Ken Hoey, well deserved by all accounts.
    Fair play indeed, exceptional Player!!

BobbyBoy

Predictions

So lads What ye think whoses gonna win. And Whose going down.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Foot.ie! Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBoy View Post
    So lads What ye think whoses gonna win. And Whose going down.

For what my opinion is worth...

Rockmount to retain their title. Avondale 2nd

Bankers to be relegated College Corinthians and Tramore Athletic and a dogfight between Blarney United and Carrigaline United for the 3rd last spot, with Blarney to stay up I'd say.

Cherry Orchard for the FAI Intermediate Cup

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Welcome Bobby Boy,

How goes it? What club you rootin for? Don't be shy....like Shilts...

Good question. It's been such a broken season it's difficult to find any kind of consistancy in performances. Hopefully there will be a run of games now for all clubs, seeing there are only 2 clubs left in the Intermediate cup.

Lot's of games will have to be made up as usual when evening matches come back and that normally hurts clubs who find it hard to get lads off work etc. for 2/3 games a week.

For what it's worth I have to back my boys Rockmount to retain the title, I'd luv it if we can repeat the feat this season. With a lot of luck, application and wind it may happen again, but lot's of twists and turns yet I fear. Without doubt though, it's very open again this season. Mayfield have thrown up a few surprises already, expect more from them now that they are concentrating on the league. Castleview have games in hand and on the basis that Billy's Boots says they were missing 3 last weekend they will be stronger when they all come back...worth a punt also. Avondale will have to concentrate again on the Intermediate latter stages I reckon so it may distract from their league campaign.

I'll guess at the top three beign Mayfield, Rockmount, Castleview in no particular order.

I'll plum for Rockmount to win the Munster Senior Cup, ha ha.

I'll go for Avondale to retain the FAI Intermediate cup, but won't shed any tears if a Donegal team wins it cos of a loon I once met from up that side of the planet.

Going down this season will surely be the College Cors and Tramore, to be joined by....hmmmm....Everton in a shock collapse between now and May.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

BobbyBoy
    I'll keep my team to myself for the moment we'll see how the rest of the season goes. Surely Everton arent gonna go. They have a good team and can put results together. Big one for Cors and Tramore at the weekend even tho ye have written them off a string of results for either could change things. Cors inter cup run is impressive and tramore have carved results against big teams but flopped against so call lower clubs.

I'd say League is between Mayfield and Mount. Although u never no!! Did john K leave View For cobh??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    You can't keep it to yerself and then blast our opinions. That's cheating.

I only threw in Everton as a bit of a laugh really, who knows what will happen. Of course Tramore and College C are good enough to come good, but there is a big gap and no games in hand at the moment, so it looks odds on to be fair.

I heard he did go to Cobh, but I was once wrong (in a past life of course)(There was a blue moon that day)
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Foot.ie! Intermediate Cup 1/4 Final Draw

Corinthians v Kildrum Tigers
    Cherry Orchard v Avondale

Corinthians luck in the cup continues with another good draw. However I predict a draw with Cors to go out in the replay. The tie of the round has to be Avondale's trip to Dublin. I believe the cup winner will come from this tie and home advantage could be the factor to shade it for the hotly fancied Cherry Orchard side. No Cork side in the semis (3 last year) - watcha think?

As for what side in the MSL I support... I'm pretty neutral... I don't get to enough games to be a fan of any one team.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Jesus lads another Cork side for us and we're away this time

Looking forward to it. Corinthians seem to be doing pretty badly in the league, but they can't be too bad when they're sitting in the last eight of the Int Cup.

Can we expect a tough game from them?
    Finn Harps Dot Com
    www.finnharps.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    You can certainly expect a tough game from them, not sure why there league form has dropped, always a top 6 side and comfortable in the league. As mentioned before it's been a very broken season down here with long gaps bewtween games and lot's of clubs finding it difficult to get momentum going.

I'd be looking forward to that game as a very close match, you lot might be favourites after beating Douglas hall, but they are at home so who know's??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilts View Post
    As for what side in the MSL I support... I'm pretty neutral... I don't get to enough games to be a fan of any one team.
    Fair enough Shilt's - I don't believe ya, but fair enough...

BobbyBoy
    Whats Happened this weekend??? View 0-7 Everton What happened?? Mount wit another good one but was to be expected. Blarney Hammered Mayfield. heard mayfield didnt wanna know bout it.

Hall still goin good Ucc not ment to be great. Tramore came from 1 down to put a bit of breathin space at the bottom but not much.

Still cant believe View

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Wink Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Going down this season will surely be the College Cors and Tramore, to be joined by....hmmmm....Everton in a shock collapse between now and May.
    Did Everton pin your prediction on the dressing room wall before they 'collapsed' to a seven nil away victory against Castleview???
    Make sure to post some tips for Cheltenham!!! HAHA!!!

I must say that nobody could've predicted that result. Does it put Everton in the running as possible title contenders???

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilts View Post
    Did Everton pin your prediction on the dressing room wall before they 'collapsed' to a seven nil away victory against Castleview???
    Make sure to post some tips for Cheltenham!!! HAHA!!!

I must say that nobody could've predicted that result. Does it put Everton in the running as possible title contenders???
    I knew that would wake them up a bit. Ha ha, heard the result yesterday and immediatly thought of that post, superb. That one result won't change too much, a one off freak scoreline against Castleview's junior team is I'm sure what Billy's Boots will tell us.

Mount comfortable at home in a 2-0 win. Pat Keane and the Beech with a spotter after some Yelvy magic led to a foul. No matter what happens it's great to have games every week again, tough one away to Blarney next weekend for Mount.

I predict a horse will win at Cheltenham..

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Avondales game away to Ringmahon was cancelled on Saturday wich meant full flight for the pigeons to get everyone to Bishopstown for a friendly against Cork City yesterday which ended 0-0.
    Think its Corinthians at home next week.
    Wheres Billy? What in Gods name happened?
    Last edited by razor; 12/02/2007 at 9:01 PM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Avondales game away to Ringmahon was cancelled on Saturday wich meant full flight for the pigeons to get everyone to Bishopstown for a friendly against Cork City yesterday which ended 0-0.
    Think its Corinthians at home next week.
    Wheres Billy? What in Gods name happened?
    Billy won't be around after a spanking like that will he...

Amazing how the pigeons are able to get the job done when it's against the weaker teams. I understand...

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Amazing how the pigeons are able to get the job done when it's against te weaker teams. I understand...
    Unfortunately not all the pigeons made it and Dale had to field a weakened team against City. Should have won it too.

Corinthians at home next Saturday, hope theres a few goals.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Avondale Utd 2-0 College Corinthians
    Poor game, both sides were awful. win is a win i guess.
    Heard Castleview drew 2-2 with Carrigaline.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    ....hmmmm....Everton in a shock collapse between now and May.
    Everton 2-0 Douglas Hall today, Everton are top of the MSL tonight.
    They must read this site.

Nice to see the MSL website being updated regularly.
    http://www.munsterseniorleague.ie

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    So Billy, how much is it worth for me now to predict that Castleview will go down? It might inspire them like it has done Everton. You can pin it up in the dressing room.

50 euro for the thought and 50 more when View win the league.

No game for Mount this weekend as Blarney was deemed unplayable yesterday.

You'd be amazed who reads this Razor by the way, maybe it's no co-incidence that Everton are flying (insert music to x-files here). Lurkers paradise it is with all those newcomers hiding their clubs from us.

BobbyBoy
    We're just intimidated by razor and yourself bullying us if we say!!!;-)

View would want to improve alright but can see them going down. UCC 1 all wit mayfield in mayfield not a bad on for the Students.

Any news on this weekends fixtures?