Thread: Munster Senior League

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford
    Oi, get yer own line! That's my one.
    A draw next Sunday might change matters.
    See Keane Cup Final has now been moved to Sunday morning April 30th at 10.45am
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    See Keane Cup Final has now been moved to Sunday morning April 30th at 10.45am
    Suits me fine, would have struggled for the Thursday fixture. Sun morn matches are more fun, lot's of hangovers. Who scored for Dale last night?

A draw on Sunday, a draw between Dale v View and a draw between Mount and Dale would do fine thanks for offering.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Probably go away for the bank holiday so will miss that one.
    Dunno who scored, Dale scored early on and weathered a fairly large Cors storm until they wrapped things up in stoppage time at the end.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Get in there!

Beautiful morning, beautiful day.

Just back from Rockmount park. Rockmount v Castleview was a cracker. View started brightly with the wind and had three or four set pieces which were very dangerous and might have got something from them. They didn't and with literally their first attack after twenty mins Rockmount scored through a Pat Oldham finish from a knock down from a corner. After that it was nip and tuck til half time, with Mount defending stoutly when necessary into a strong wind.

Second half was only 2 mins old when Ross O Callaghan scored for Mount with an awesome scissors kick. 2-0 and Mount looked in good nick, despite the wind dropping substantially. View tried to get back into it, but Mount started to play the ball on the deck and View had no answer. A great move down the right saw Ken Howey levelled in the box, Clifford cool as you like buried the spotter. Mount played the last 20 mins in glourious style, a one two between Oldham and O Connor sent the defender clean through and his finish was deadly for 4-0. Last few mins saw Johnny Busteed lift a fantastic ball to the far post for Pat Keane to knock in number 5 with his head.

Hard game to pick a man of the match from, but Alan O Connor was probably the stand out player by a short hair from 6 or 7 other Mount players, IMHO.

All in all a super day, a super match and maybe, just maybe Rockmount are back in the hunt!!
    Last edited by Clifford; 23/04/2006 at 12:32 PM.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Very surprised yesterday when I got the text. Great result for Mount.
    Rockmount can only throw it away from here.
    In Dublin on Sat for Crumlin Utd 0-0 Avondale Utd.
    Dale were missing Spratty, Hargy & Haulie so a draw wasn't a bad result.
    Crumlin were no great shakes to be fair and a full strength Dale should dispatch them the weekend after next.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Beautiful morning, beautiful day.

Just back from Rockmount park. Rockmount v Castleview was a cracker. View started brightly with the wind and had three or four set pieces which were very dangerous and might have got something from them. They didn't and with literally their first attack after twenty mins Rockmount scored through a Pat Oldham finish from a knock down from a corner. After that it was nip and tuck til half time, with Mount defending stoutly when necessary into a strong wind.

Second half was only 2 mins old when Ross O Callaghan scored for Mount with an awesome scissors kick. 2-0 and Mount looked in good nick, despite the wind dropping substantially. View tried to get back into it, but Mount started to play the ball on the deck and View had no answer. A great move down the right saw Ken Howey levelled in the box, Clifford cool as you like buried the spotter. Mount played the last 20 mins in glourious style, a one two between Oldham and O Connor sent the defender clean through and his finish was deadly for 4-0. Last few mins saw Johnny Busteed lift a fantastic ball to the far post for Pat Keane to knock in number 5 with his head.

Hard game to pick a man of the match from, but Alan O Connor was probably the stand out player by a short hair from 6 or 7 other Mount players, IMHO.

All in all a super day, a super match and maybe, just maybe Rockmount are back in the hunt!!
    Can't say much really, the scoreline says it all. Fair play to Rockmount, very well played. Castleview were very disappointing....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Good Avondale result Razor, sounds promising for the replay. Will the cup final still go ahead next week - you say the replay is Sun week, so I imagine it's all systems go?

Billy, how's Sheaser? Looked like he pulled a hamstring or something. Shame as I liked him an awful lot as a player at Mount.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Good Avondale result Razor, sounds promising for the replay. Will the cup final still go ahead next week - you say the replay is Sun week, so I imagine it's all systems go?
    Yeah ,looks like all systems go for next Sunday morning, should be interesting. Unfortunately i'll be out of town but will be receiving updates.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Billy, how's Sheaser? Looked like he pulled a hamstring or something. Shame as I liked him an awful lot as a player at Mount.
    Nothing serious, just a strain. Always struggles with his hamstring, should be fine though....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    FAI Senior Cup 1st round
    College Corinthians 2 Blarney United 2;
    Crumlin United 0 Avondale United 0;
    Brendanville 0 Douglas Hall 1;
    Tolka Rovers 1 Carrigaline United 3;

Beamish Stout Senior Premier Division
    Everton 1 Ringmahon Rangers 1;
    Leeds 1 Midleton 0;
    Rockmount 5 Castleview 0

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Rockmount beat Corinthians tonight 1-0 in the O Connell cup. Never really under threat.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Casement beat Avondale reserves 1-0 last night, think it was the Beamish Cup. Too many cups too little time for Dale at this stage of the season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Casement beat Avondale reserves 1-0 last night, too many cups too little time for Dale at this stage of the season.
    Agreed - the Keane cup should be done and dusted before Chrimbo as it is a pre season tourny in essence. Dale got to prioritise and the two FAI cups plus the league chase should be plenty. I know which 2 cups I'd prefer to be in.

When will Dale have a league game again?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Agreed - the Keane cup should be done and dusted before Chrimbo as it is a pre season tourny in essence. Dale got to prioritise and the two FAI cups plus the league chase should be plenty. I know which 2 cups I'd prefer to be in.

When will Dale have a league game again?
    Probably have to play them midweek.
    Keane Cup Final this weekend.
    FAI Cup Replay the weekend after.
    Intermediate Cup Final the weekend after that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Any Castleview midweek game? League or otherwise?

Formerly skibbereen co.cork but now Oregon USA
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    west cork league team beat clair district league team the aul team and now the munster league to make the final of the district leagues/intermediate league national cup
    so ha yee lost to a poor junior district league team
    its the furthest we ever got as far as i know anyone know any info about the final???
    west cork district league
    west cork commandos

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by citybone
    so ha yee lost to a poor junior district league team
    its the furthest we ever got as far as i know anyone know any info about the final???
    JUNIOR being the operative word my good man/woman/child. The thread here, in the main, is occupied by followers of Senior teams at the moment, but your more than welcome to shout about it on here cos it is great to see your success and the more success for Cork the better. (It's Claire by the way, they prefer to be women with an e down there )

I think there was a bit of Rockmount involvement in this thing all right, but I've not met Jamsie in a while so don't know how strong/weak the MSL side were.

Best of luck in the final, who's it against?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Keane Cup Final, Turners Cross.

Rockmount 2-0 Avondale

A cool overcast morning in TC brought together two fine sides in fine form. Rockmount went on to win the game this time, but on another day Dale might have been able to reverse the scoreline. Mark Clifford with a stunning goal and Pat Keane with a tidy finish after the Dale keeper woefully fumbled a good shot from Gearoid. Mount played the better football on the day, missed a spotter as well (actually well saved by the keeper), but had Dale not had a goal disallowed with 20 left who knows what would have happened. I think the lino got it wrong, but he would have had a better view of it than me.

All in all a good day for me, hope the Dale left back is ok for the big one on 14th May. Himself and Knowlsy won't have to face a roasting like Ken Howey gave them today for a long while.

Very hard again to pick a man of the match, but Howey prob shaded it from Mark Clifford for me.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Was away so missed the game. By all accounts Mount totally deserved the win and Avondale were just not at the races. Rockmount seem to be hitting peak performance at exactly the right time.
    Interesting to see Ken O'Connor in the Echo give Cotter MOTM, he hasn't been a regular at all this season and I know hes a favourite of Cliffords.
    Sprattys back isn't right and as this was not the most important of finals then he wasn't risked. Without him Avondale are not the same team going forward.
    2 goals at important times, the 2nd an absolute killer just after HT, Pat was in a good position to finish the rebound.
    Rockmount are now red hot favourites for the League, despite what Clifford might say. Dale playing UCC this midweek to try and catch up on the fixture backlog. No goal in 3 games does not bode well and an improvement is needed especially in advance of the Intermediate Cup Final.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Interesting to see Ken O'Connor in the Echo give Cotter MOTM, he hasn't been a regular at all this season and I know hes a favourite of Cliffords.
    Sprattys back isn't right and as this was not the most important of finals then he wasn't risked. Without him Avondale are not the same team going forward.
    2 goals at important times, the 2nd an absolute killer just after HT, Pat was in a good position to finish the rebound.
    Rockmount are now red hot favourites for the League, despite what Clifford might say. Dale playing UCC this midweek to try and catch up on the fixture backlog. No goal in 3 games does not bode well and an improvement is needed especially in advance of the Intermediate Cup Final.
    Cotter was deffo the best Dale player on the day - he pulled the strings well, got his usual yellow and tried to cope with Mark Clifford and Pat Keane as best he could. Marky Sull was unusually poor, must be catching up on him all the games recently. How yer man in de echo didn't think it was Howey for MotM though I'll never know. He was awesome all game long in all fairness.

Spratty is a huge loss to any team and as you say he's rightly being cotton wooled for the big final. UCC shold be easily beaten to put the Dale back into the driving seat in the title chase.....