Thread: Munster Senior League

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    Castleview 2-2 Avondale Utd

Castleview scored after 2 minutes, then lost a man to a bad tackle, straight red. They then scored another just before half time.
    Avondale put the pressure on big time in the 2nd half with the wind and an extra man. The pressure paid dividends early on with an og putting them right back in it. Castleview as expected slowed the game down after this, sometimes I thought Eric was moving in slow motion when kicking the ball out. Avondales just reward came with about 7 minutes to go when they scored from a free kick.
    Sounds action packed. Good fair result in the end then. Rockmount v Corinthians was called off.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Mount away to Carrigaline on Sat. Tough tough game and one to look forward to.

Who else playing? Are Avondale playing Douglas Hall?
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford
    Are Avondale playing Douglas Hall?
    Correct, Avondale are away on Saturday.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Correct, Avondale are away on Saturday.
    Missed the game myself, just back today, very surprised to see no one commenting on this one. 2-0 down a senting off, late equaliser and no comments on all that?!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Castleview 2-2 Avondale Utd

Castleview scored after 2 minutes, then lost a man to a bad tackle, straight red. They then scored another just before half time.
    Avondale put the pressure on big time in the 2nd half with the wind and an extra man. The pressure paid dividends early on with an og putting them right back in it. Castleview as expected slowed the game down after this, sometimes I thought Eric was moving in slow motion when kicking the ball out. Avondales just reward came with about 7 minutes to go when they scored from a free kick.
    Oops!! Soory, I'll just take my foot out of my mouth

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillysBoots
    Oops!! Soory, I'll just take my foot out of my mouth
    Again.....ha ha welcome back, good break? Who View got this weekend? I hear Patsy could do with a break after his antics at the weekend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ballincollig?

Alright lads,How good are Ballincollig these days? - we are playing them in the next round of the Munster Senior Cup on Sunday

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Again.....ha ha welcome back, good break? Who View got this weekend? I hear Patsy could do with a break after his antics at the weekend...
    They're away to Blarney, time they went on a nice run and put a bit more pressure on Avondale. 2-0 down at the weekend, Avondale must have been thinking oh no here we go again. Era, Patsy is all show and he'd tell you that himself. He's there to wind people up and he does it so well. You either love him or hate him!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tralee_dynamo
    Alright lads,How good are Ballincollig these days? - we are playing them in the next round of the Munster Senior Cup on Sunday
    I know they have comfortably beaten a poor Fermoy twice this season, but that's not much good to you for comparison. Sorry.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillysBoots
    They're away to Blarney, time they went on a nice run and put a bit more pressure on Avondale. 2-0 down at the weekend, Avondale must have been thinking oh no here we go again. Era, Patsy is all show and he'd tell you that himself. He's there to wind people up and he does it so well. You either love him or hate him!!
    I enjoy him, I also enjoy Caulfield and Cronin. Some passion involved when the three of them are in full flight.

Are View or Dale signing anyone that we know of? Do clubs sign players at this stage of proceedings?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I enjoy him, I also enjoy Caulfield and Cronin. Some passion involved when the three of them are in full flight.

Are View or Dale signing anyone that we know of? Do clubs sign players at this stage of proceedings?
    Yep you can come and go up to the end of January. No news of a new signings for the 'View anyway, I think we're nicely set up for the buisness end of the season. C'mon Patsy kid!! I know you can pull it off again

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Big day today for the title race, Rockmount battered Carrigaline 1-0, should have been 5/6. Ross O Callaghan with a bullet header 20 or so mins into second half won it. Carrig man sent off for punching in last min. I think Carrig would be a decent side if they didn't moan at every decision given, 2 solid centre halves and a good fast winger on the left being their most impressive players. Mount were solid all through, Oldham is getting games under his belt after a stop start season, Keane is enjoying three in mid field again and Howey is showing international form again after some time in the wilderness. Solid at the back and tidy up front, but not ruthless enough - yet.

News is there is a huge signing for the Mount, yet to be confirmed, but bring it on if it's to happen.

And to round it all off, Avondale drew 2-2 again this week with Douglas Hall. Interesting to see Hall find form again after Chrimbo like they did last season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Big day today for the title race, Rockmount battered Carrigaline 1-0, should have been 5/6. Ross O Callaghan with a bullet header 20 or so mins into second half won it. Carrig man sent off for punching in last min. I think Carrig would be a decent side if they didn't moan at every decision given, 2 solid centre halves and a good fast winger on the left being their most impressive players. Mount were solid all through, Oldham is getting games under his belt after a stop start season, Keane is enjoying three in mid field again and Howey is showing international form again after some time in the wilderness. Solid at the back and tidy up front, but not ruthless enough - yet.

News is there is a huge signing for the Mount, yet to be confirmed, but bring it on if it's to happen.

And to round it all off, Avondale drew 2-2 again this week with Douglas Hall. Interesting to see Hall find form again after Chrimbo like they did last season.
    Castleview won 2-1 away to Blarney, just about deserved it. The referee ruin the game as a spectacle and Blarney can count themselves unlucky not to have gotten something from the game. I think if you can beat Douglas Hall, UCC and Coll Corinthians it will go along way to winning the League. These teams will have a big say in where the title goes this year!!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Hall played well and closed Avondale down, Avondale were 1 up in 2 minutes, Hall were level after 15. It seemed to be ambling to a draw when Avondale scored with about 20 left and looked comfortable to be honest. Until the ref who was poor throughout, succumbed to local pressure with 10 left and awarded a very very dodgy penalty.
    Avondale were missing Spratty up front and it showed. A player of his calibre would easliy have wrapped things up at 2-1.

I thought he had already signed for Celtic ??
    Last edited by razor; 23/01/2006 at 10:54 AM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Hall played well and closed Avondale down, Avondale were 1 up in 2 minutes, Hall were level after 15. It seemed to be ambling to a draw when Avondale scored with about 20 left and looked comfortable to be honest. Until the ref who was poor throughout, succumbed to local pressure with 10 left and awarded a very very dodgy penalty.
    Avondale were missing Spratty up front and it showed. A player of his calibre would easliy have wrapped things up at 2-1.

I thought he had already signed for Celtic ??
    Much better than him, same club originally though....

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Much better than him, same club originally though....
    It wouldn't be a namesake would it ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    It wouldn't be a namesake would it ?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Will he be going in at the same rate as the other top players or will he be the top earner being a superstar and all that ?
    Willie won't be happy.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Will he be going in at the same rate as the other top players or will he be the top earner being a superstar and all that ?
    Willie won't be happy.
    You still wheeling out that ould chestnut? Ha ha, I can assure you if any of them deserved to be getting cash they would. Ha, ha useless bunch of rejects....

Obviously he's on 3,000 a week.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    I wasn't talking about cash, I was referring to fitted kitchens.