Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggs View Post
    Well I hold my hands up El Nino Coro i was misinformed and i can assure you my sourse will be punished.Making me out to be an idiot in what can only be described as the best think tank forum in the country my deepest apoligies.
    Your source need not be punished Goggs. There is 2 or 3 players in Marys squad that played all the way through from schoolboys to the senior side without playing for another club.
    Then there would be another 7 or 8 that played most of their schoolboys with Marys but would also have played a season or two with other northside clubs.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very early in the season to be giving predictions but I can't see beyond Hall or Rockmount for the league.

From what I've seen Tramore look very poor and are favourites to go down, very little between the rest of the teams in the league but at the moment Marys look most likely to join them in the 1st division next year.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by code red View Post
    S.jennings ,A.leahy , A. Weldon ,R O Leary , K. Murray , J.O Connor , I. O Leary, S. Taggart, R.Goggin. Thats 9 and Clifford and L. O Connor have been at the club for the last 3-4 years.
    There is the post for you Goggs

K.Murray and J.O Connor are both still playing underage at the moment but are in the senior squad regularly. I. O Leary and Taggart came up from the juniors at the end of last year.The others have been regulars in the squad for years with the exception of Weldon who was orginally a Blarney player anyway

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    regards the hall winning its very early to be saying that kinda stuff but it would be nice for somebody to break the rockmount / avondale hold as for the intermediate thats a different story just depends on how your draw goes and if you get the luck of the green and dont get aidan o regan reffing as he just fla s cork team s

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    [QUOTE=KrocBoy;1427852]Your source need not be punished Goggs. There is 2 or 3 players in Marys squad that played all the way through from schoolboys to the senior side without playing for another club.
    Then there would be another 7 or 8 that played most of their schoolboys with Marys but would also have played a season or two with other northside clubs.[/QUOT

andy mylod is the only player that came through the st marys ranks

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KrocBoy View Post
    Your source need not be punished Goggs. There is 2 or 3 players in Marys squad that played all the way through from schoolboys to the senior side without playing for another club.
    Then there would be another 7 or 8 that played most of their schoolboys with Marys but would also have played a season or two with other northside clubs.
    you name me another 1?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobias View Post
    There is the post for you Goggs

K.Murray and J.O Connor are both still playing underage at the moment but are in the senior squad regularly. I. O Leary and Taggart came up from the juniors at the end of last year.The others have been regulars in the squad for years with the exception of Weldon who was orginally a Blarney player anyway
    Thank's Gobias that's fair enough I saw them play in the Kean Cup last season and out of the 11 only one was from Blarney it was the semi-final,that's why i queried it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Foot.ie!

Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    you name me another 1?
    John Murphy never played with any other Senior League side other than Mary's and played all his schoolboy football with them.
    Last edited by Goggs; 23/11/2010 at 8:53 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny11 View Post
    regards the hall winning its very early to be saying that kinda stuff but it would be nice for somebody to break the rockmount / avondale hold as for the intermediate thats a different story just depends on how your draw goes and if you get the luck of the green and dont get aidan o regan reffing as he just fla s cork team s
    Nice one skinny 11 their wasnt any beating about the bush on this particalar ref.Could be worse if some poormsl team could have the misfortune of getting John Lenihan possibly the worst ref in the EU.I think skinny 11 we could be thrown out for our comments or at least get another warning,but doesn't it feel good.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggs View Post
    John Murphy never played with any other Senior League side other than Mary's and played all his schoolboy football with them.
    I was told he has retired due to bad knee injury

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Jesus El Nino Coro you have the finger on the pulse i only saw him play 4 weeks ago there's no getting the better of you today.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    you name me another 1?
    Paul Feehan and I think Darren Hill also have only played with Marys.

Others players like Coker,Barry,Cooney,Goulding and Vitor Mylod would've played most of their schoolboys with Marys.
    Stad, Aidan and Anthony O Call played senior only with Marys not sure how many years they played underage.
    There is a good core out of that squad that has played most of their football with Marys.

Not that it makes much of a difference how long you've played with a club in my opinion, having watched a few of their recent games the O'Sullivan brothers they signed a few years ago from Grattan played with more heart and determination than any of the more longer serving players.

Plus if there was any good young players coming through the ranks I'm certain they would get the chance to play with the seniors cause they are hardly setting the football world alight at the moment!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Blarney made the move to senior around 7 years ago.The had a full squad of local players in the first division and went unbeaten I believe.They signed a couple of lads to strengten the squad for their first year in Premier and finished 4th and runners up in Intermediate cup.The squad they had back then was a squad of older blarney players that had been there for years and Obviously, a club will look to progress after a start like that and with facilities better than most league of Ireland clubs so they had to find decent players to progress. I agree with Goggs that very few of the lads who played in the keane cup final last year were local but to cut a long story short, the club were first to realise this and they are doing their best to bring some youth through.Its not an easy job.When was the last time you saw a youth come through the Rockmount, Avondale ranks.Its not an easy thing to balance but I reckon that Blarney who may not challenge for the league this year and have a very good team and could beat anyone on their day, i think they will benefit long term and that whats the clubs wants.
    When that team has people like keane, O Leary ,Weldon , Clifford and a decent manager (Moynihan) , they will never be far off the mark.

Ps. I'm not involved with Blarney but I have played out there in the past. SJ.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KrocBoy View Post
    Paul Feehan and I think Darren Hill also have only played with Marys.

Others players like Coker,Barry,Cooney,Goulding and Vitor Mylod would've played most of their schoolboys with Marys.
    Stad, Aidan and Anthony O Call played senior only with Marys not sure how many years they played underage.
    There is a good core out of that squad that has played most of their football with Marys.

Not that it makes much of a difference how long you've played with a club in my opinion, having watched a few of their recent games the O'Sullivan brothers they signed a few years ago from Grattan played with more heart and determination than any of the more longer serving players.

Plus if there was any good young players coming through the ranks I'm certain they would get the chance to play with the seniors cause they are hardly setting the football world alight at the moment!!!

coker and barry played with leeds cooney played with maymount alongside aidan and anthony o callaghan and later played with nufarm,darren hill and stuart coakley played schoolboys with rockmount,as far as i know goulding only signed for st marys this year from grattan.

as for anything coming through the ranks these days,it prob due to the fact the club has no junior youth or u17 teams and you could not expect a 16 year old to make the step up straight away

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by code red View Post
    Blarney made the move to senior around 7 years ago.The had a full squad of local players in the first division and went unbeaten I believe.They signed a couple of lads to strengten the squad for their first year in Premier and finished 4th and runners up in Intermediate cup.The squad they had back then was a squad of older blarney players that had been there for years and Obviously, a club will look to progress after a start like that and with facilities better than most league of Ireland clubs so they had to find decent players to progress. I agree with Goggs that very few of the lads who played in the keane cup final last year were local but to cut a long story short, the club were first to realise this and they are doing their best to bring some youth through.Its not an easy job.When was the last time you saw a youth come through the Rockmount, Avondale ranks.Its not an easy thing to balance but I reckon that Blarney who may not challenge for the league this year and have a very good team and could beat anyone on their day, i think they will benefit long term and that whats the clubs wants.
    When that team has people like keane, O Leary ,Weldon , Clifford and a decent manager (Moynihan) , they will never be far off the mark.

Ps. I'm not involved with Blarney but I have played out there in the past. SJ.
    Very balanced summary code red good to know the history, i'm giving them a bit of a bashing in this forum I just hope they return to their roots and return to be a real local club again i'm going to ease of them for a while.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Douglas Hall v UCC - big league match tonight in the Mardyke. Looking forward to seeing if the 'Hall can maintain their current good form.

Wee bit chilly, will need to wrap up well
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    coker and barry played with leeds cooney played with maymount alongside aidan and anthony o callaghan and later played with nufarm,darren hill and stuart coakley played schoolboys with rockmount,as far as i know goulding only signed for st marys this year from grattan.

as for anything coming through the ranks these days,it prob due to the fact the club has no junior youth or u17 teams and you could not expect a 16 year old to make the step up straight away

Coker and Barry did play with leeds but I'm certain they played a few years with Marys at schoolboys level too. I was told Goulding played all his schoolboys with Marys before joining Grattan and that the others mentioned above played at youths level with Marys.

Also you were right John Murphy has picked up a knee injury but I was told he has no plans to pack it in just yet!!

Wasn't aware they had no junior or youth teams this year though, did leonard lyons pack it in? wasn't he managing the juniors out there? ideally you would want to be getting 1 or 2 players a year off the youth that would be pushing for a place in the senior side.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ball-hop View Post
    Douglas Hall v UCC - big league match tonight in the Mardyke. Looking forward to seeing if the 'Hall can maintain their current good form.

Wee bit chilly, will need to wrap up well
    Hall will have too much up front for UCC I'd say, should be a good game to watch though both excellent passing sides.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Douglas Hall 1 UCC 0
    Deccie scored the 'Hall goal about 10 minutes into the second half. UCC threw everything but couldn't break down the 'Hall defence. Wilkie and Moorsey outstanding.
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rockmount 1-2 Blarney Utd
    Blarney went 1 up after 10 and went 2 up just before half time, Rockmount got 1 back at the start of the 2nd half. Both teams had a man sent off 70 minutes in and Rockmount another sent off in injury time.
    Blarney played well and were the much better team for the 1st half but sat back in the 2nd, Rockmount missed 1 or 2 chances to level the game but Blarney were able to hang on for a deserved win