Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ball-hop View Post
    Premier League - Douglas Hall 3 (Kevin Mul 2 and Deccie) Mayfield Utd.1.
    0 all at half time, Podge made one particularly good save to keep it scoreless. Deccie headed the first goal and two fine strikes from Kevin secured the points. Mayfield scored with about 5 minutes to go.
    ya things not going the lads way lately,mayfield were the better in the 1st half the hall keep pulled off 2 great saves to keep it 0-0 at half time,the hall score 3 goals any half decent keeper would have saved (brosy had to go in goal after 2 minutes).kevin mull goals were decent strikes from distance but any half decent keeper would be expected to save them

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    but wasnt the mayfield keeper taking off with the same injury against the hall and the 2nd goal the hall scored was the same mistake as brosy made in the the semi final the week before . surely ye could of seen that happening . good team ye have just not much going forward but well orgainized

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny11 View Post
    but wasnt the mayfield keeper taking off with the same injury against the hall and the 2nd goal the hall scored was the same mistake as brosy made in the the semi final the week before . surely ye could of seen that happening . good team ye have just not much going forward but well orgainized
    ya i think he was taking off with the same problem,don't know why the junior keeper wasn't asked to come up.your right we're lacking a goal scorer i think the lads up front are very good player but there not strikers more attacking midfielders/wingers,and by playing them up front we're weakening out attacking midfield options,it's hard to see where our goals or gonna come from this season

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Were home to Ringmahon this week. Huge league game for us. A fella would say even a 6 pointer. We badly need a win at this stage. We should have won the first game against them but we wasted chances AGAIN. Hope the weather stays some bit reasonable...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southsider View Post
    Were home to Ringmahon this week. Huge league game for us. A fella would say even a 6 pointer. We badly need a win at this stage. We should have won the first game against them but we wasted chances AGAIN. Hope the weather stays some bit reasonable...
    True that.ye missed some very easy goals.some be a good enough game.hopefully we keep up our good run in league

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Are Ballincollig playing at their new ground? In the middle of the town I hear? Any help getting there for tomorrow?
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Are Ballincollig playing at their new ground? In the middle of the town I hear? Any help getting there for tomorrow?
    Turn right at aldi as you head into the town from the city side. There is a turn to the right straight ahead of you then. You drive along the back of the gaa pitch along a dirt track and you will then see the pitch and dressing rooms.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I hear ye had a v.interesting game today! 3 down after 7mins and ye won 4-3! Some comeback!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    douglas hall 4-0 carrigaline hall went two up after 15 minutes with goals from kevin mul, gaz and and nother strike from kev mul in the second half and strachan finishing it off

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik View Post
    I hear ye had a v.interesting game today! 3 down after 7mins and ye won 4-3! Some comeback!

Thanks to billy for the directions - after seven mins I was cursing you for getting us there ha ha.

Yeah Rez. Three down inside seven and could have had one ourselves. Fair play to ballincollig. Put it right up us and deserved their lead. Three food goals cut us apart. Great reaction from us, were 3-2 down 15 before the half. Massive sec half, all our goals were super efforts.

Good day out in the end, points away from home and good spirit after horrible start. On we go.
    Last edited by Clifford; 06/11/2010 at 4:45 PM.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Same ol story for Casement yesterday. Couldnt take our chances again. 0-0. How Ringmahon got something from this game is beyond me. They troubled us for 10 mins then we absolutely battered them after that. Had a stone wall pen turned down aswell. Back to the drawing board i suppose......

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Thanks to billy for the directions - after seven mins I was cursing you for getting us there ha ha.

Yeah Rez. Three down inside seven and could have had one ourselves. Fair play to ballincollig. Put it right up us and deserved their lead. Three food goals cut us apart. Great reaction from us, were 3-2 down 15 before the half. Massive sec half, all our goals were super efforts.

Good day out in the end, points away from home and good spirit after horrible start. On we go.
    Good Result alrite considering the circumstances. Would like to see ye get promoted! With the size of the town n with yer facilities it would be great to have a north cork side back in the big league! Will be a tough job because there is 5 teams in the league dat could go up! Best of luck though.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik View Post
    Good Result alrite considering the circumstances. Would like to see ye get promoted! With the size of the town n with yer facilities it would be great to have a north cork side back in the big league! Will be a tough job because there is 5 teams in the league dat could go up! Best of luck though.

Cheers, we're in a right tough division all right. As you say at least 5 can go up. I'm happy enough where we are cos we've not had a full panel to pick from yet with injuries and lads away. Maybe I'll never get a full squad, but if we do then we've great depth. The town would love to have top flight MSL football, it would be well acknowledged and appreciated. Fingers crossed, but a long way to go.

Loving being involved though, it's my first season at it. Good to be back, 1994 was the last time I was involved in the MSL before this season.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i hear the donegal 2 appeal by douglas hall has been thrown out by the mfa and will now head to the fai and maybe down the legal route after that if needed. must have loads of money in that club.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Lads just looking for some info on Leeds were playing them in munster snr cup in a few weeks time.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by douglas local View Post
    i hear the donegal 2 appeal by douglas hall has been thrown out by the mfa and will now head to the fai and maybe down the legal route after that if needed. must have loads of money in that club.
    Whats this about?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by douglas local View Post
    If this is true, and I haven't heard one way or the other, then it's not an issue of money. The club (any club) will do all it can to support the players and this is how it should be.
    Clubs have to support and help their players all they can and this is a clear instance where money will not and never could be an issue.
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    the donegal 2 are kev mul and deccie o connel who were handed a 5 week ban from the mfa for not confirming they wouldnt be going to maichael ward in donegal evem though kev mul had told patsy freyne that he was injured and deccie had told patsy he couldnt make it due to work.

its a joke just like that msl committee we have . I know for a fact that one player only went because the msl said that if he goes they will reduce his violent conduct ban from 3 games to 0 games . the same year the previous player was call at 10 minutes before the bus left for galway for the mw cup and told the management he wasnt going did he get a ban .didnt think so.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    the donegal 2 are kev mul and deccie o connel who were handed a 5 week ban from the mfa for not confirming they wouldnt be going to maichael ward in donegal evem though kev mul had told patsy freyne that he was injured and deccie had told patsy he couldnt make it due to work.

its a joke just like that msl committee we have . I know for a fact that one player only went because the msl said that if he goes they will reduce his violent conduct ban from 3 games to 0 games . the same year the previous player was call at 10 minutes before the bus left for galway for the mw cup and told the management he wasnt going did he get a ban .didnt think so.
    All clubs should stand 100% behind the two lads from Douglas - its an amateur level we are playing at, if you are injured that should be accepted at face value or if you have to work the MSL should realise that in the current climate work is more important. Are they going to pay your wages while you are up the country? I doubt it. Its always nice to be selected for one of these teams but nobody should be forced. The MSL need to make it more attractive for players to travel not hammer them.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

20. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I heard that all the players that were asked to go to Donegal had the clear option to decline the offer when asked, All those who could not travel for one reason or another told the managers in plenty of time, so they could make alternative arrangements to fill the panel, but seemingly these two players just didn't bother,and if I remember rightly,it's not the first time for one of these players. They should not be asked again and should count themselves lucky to get away with 5 weeks.
    Any player asked to play for their league,county or country should be honored and proud to do so and if they are not available, should have the courtesy to let the management knowin plenty of time. The MSL look after all the players involved in their tournaments, Transport,Accommodation, food and even a few beers, and all thats asked in return is to wear the jersey with pride and give 100%. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes by people voluntarily giving of their time and efforts in clubs and leagues all over the country, Including those on the MSL committee, I don't know if you are involved in the running of a club Skinny 11, if you are you should know better than to listen to spoilt players who think only of themselve,and if you are not maybe it.s time you did, you might learn something.