Page 88 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188588 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billynomates View Post
    Well that is down to yer own doing which comes with success. Could you please explain to me why the game against Avondale is on a thursday night? Surely it would be a much better spectacle if it was played at the weekend. It would certainly attract a better crowd. Also why every year do they leave the "big games" till the very end. I know its exciting and it makes the league more tense etc. but it is a league not a cup which it seems is the way its run. There is only ten teams in the premier surely Mr. Finnegan can produce fixtures randomly for the season without picking and choosing who and when people play each other.

I agree totally with you billynomates. Next thurs is a joke of a day for such a big match. The league certainly needs to take a look at itself. Not even sure i can make it next thursday, was looking forward to this game for weeks and now i might miss the thing.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Feck i'm working........would have went to that!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Gave up trying to work out the system long ago. Happy to play away, game after game while Avondale have their feet up and resting. And people question us having a decent squad. Wouldn't be worth our while if we didn't.

Still think it's beyond us in my heart of hearts, but you never know eh?
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

MSL Junior Premier Division

Douglas Hall 1-0 Everton, Douglas Hall retain their title by a point

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

junior League

Massive result for the Hall, Everton only needed a draw to win the League but the Hall grinded out a result. Everton played well first half but coul not make it pay, Hall scored from a long throw and deserved the win after that, great crowd above and worthy winners, well done Douglas Hall 2 years in a row is good going.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Was up at the Junior Prem decider and it was a ground out victory for a talented hall junior side (happy for the ex corinthians lads doing well up there).......Some good players on both sides. Amazing how their respective senior teams dont seem to draw on them much. Still, back to back is a great feat.

Remains to be seen if it'll be the same in the Senior Premier. Its a shame that we have 2 and a bit months of MSL limbo ahead of us.
    Last edited by Corinthionie; 16/05/2009 at 5:02 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Castleview and douglas hall finished 5-4 to Castleviewto stay up at UCCs expense. Must of being some game. Any match report?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Couldn't make it this morning, but when I get details, I'll put them onto the messageboard...
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Castleview and douglas hall finished 5-4 to Castleviewto stay up at UCCs expense. Must of being some game. Any match report?
    UCC drew one all up in Everton Pk so both UCC & Castleview finish on 17 points, expect a play off to decide who gets relegated

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Throw View Post
    UCC drew one all up in Everton Pk so both UCC & Castleview finish on 17 points, expect a play off to decide who gets relegated
    Your right. I heard there was controversy in the Hall and castleview game. Hall got penalty which looked like dive to make it 4 all. There was a player injured and Castleview were to throw the ball back to Hall but a castleview player ran on to the throw and scored even though they said they were going to throw it back

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I'm away for the week lads. Next time I'm on hopefully it'll be to read all your congrats on a title for the Rockmount. If not I'll be first to take the hat off to Avondale and say well done.

I know the Blarney lads will give it everything tonight. Wouldn't want it any other way to be honest. I know we'd do our best if the shoe was on the other foot.

Best of luck to all, but especially to Rockmount.

Forza Mount.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

O'Connell Cup Final

I see the O'Connell cup final is not on in turners cross. Has this always been the way?

Friday 29th May
    O’Connell Cup Final
    Avondale Utd v Douglas Hall / Castleview Camden 7.30 (S.O’Connell, J. Haines, D. O’Mahony)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    We were beaten on penos by Avondale in O'Connell cup a few years ago in Camden as well. Think its down there every year, dunno why.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Interesting morning in Castleview, by all accounts. Gareth O'Donovan, John McCarthy, Strachan and Deccie O'Connell from a penalty scored for the 'Hall. It seems that Castleview's winner was from a "drop" ball when the 'Hall had possession and a Castleview player was injured.

A hoary old chestnut... referee's discretion to stop the game and re-start with a drop ball. Why not have contested drop balls again? Every so often there is a controversy surrounding players' (at all levels) behaviour when the ball is dropped uncontested; there is no rule governing what happens when the ball is dropped for the uncontested variety and teams inevitably make it as awkward as possible for the opposition to restart the "interrupted" passage of play. We've all seen players try to hit the corner flag when returning possession, so that the restart is either a throw in close to the end line or a kick out by the 'keeper or a full-back collecting possession very near the end and side lines. Equally a ball knocked back to a goalie can be at best 50-50 when he clears.

The resolution would be a contested drop-ball where the referee has clear rules - ball hitting the ground first, no nasty tackle and so on. Also, because the referee interrupts the game - at his discretion - he would also have complete control over the restart.

Finally, if the shoe was on the other foot, I'm not so sure how we'd have expected one of our players to behave in the same circumstances. The game was clearly in a delicate position - relegation from the Premier Division would be a serious dent to any club's ongoing ambitions and maybe we'd all take any opportunity to secure our place in Premier ranks.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ball-hop View Post
    Interesting morning in Castleview, by all accounts. Gareth O'Donovan, John McCarthy, Strachan and Deccie O'Connell from a penalty scored for the 'Hall. It seems that Castleview's winner was from a "drop" ball when the 'Hall had possession and a Castleview player was injured.

A hoary old chestnut... referee's discretion to stop the game and re-start with a drop ball. Why not have contested drop balls again? Every so often there is a controversy surrounding players' (at all levels) behaviour when the ball is dropped uncontested; there is no rule governing what happens when the ball is dropped for the uncontested variety and teams inevitably make it as awkward as possible for the opposition to restart the "interrupted" passage of play. We've all seen players try to hit the corner flag when returning possession, so that the restart is either a throw in close to the end line or a kick out by the 'keeper or a full-back collecting possession very near the end and side lines. Equally a ball knocked back to a goalie can be at best 50-50 when he clears.

The resolution would be a contested drop-ball where the referee has clear rules - ball hitting the ground first, no nasty tackle and so on. Also, because the referee interrupts the game - at his discretion - he would also have complete control over the restart.

Finally, if the shoe was on the other foot, I'm not so sure how we'd have expected one of our players to behave in the same circumstances. The game was clearly in a delicate position - relegation from the Premier Division would be a serious dent to any club's ongoing ambitions and maybe we'd all take any opportunity to secure our place in Premier ranks.
    I think the 'old school' drop balls are great to see - but like me are from another time (potential for grief is too great!). Get the ref to kick the ball into the air in the centre circle and 'game on'. The ball would get back into play a lot quicker than by passing it to the keeper or kicking it wide.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

O'Connell Cup Final

Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    I see the O'Connell cup final is not on in turners cross. Has this always been the way?
    Ya the O'Connell Cup Final is on in Camden for the 4th year on the trot. It was switched to Camden a few years ago because the crowd that this final pulled into Turners Cross came nowhere near meeting the cost of referee's & pitch rental. Camden is in decent condition - pitch is a bit on the small side but the last two finals there which Everton & Rockmount won were two cracking games. Hopefully Avondale & the winners of Castleview/Douglas Hall will be just as good. Game on Friday 29th.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Rockmount 2-2 Blarney. Blarney scoed equaliser with 5 mins to go.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Rockmount 2-2 Blarney. Blarney scoed equaliser with 5 mins to go.
    Got a text to say the equaliser was a speculative shot from about 25 yards that bounced in front of the Mount keeper who then pushed it into his own net.

Dale played 17 have 42 points
    Mount played 17 have 41 points.

Thursday night is going to be a dinger.
    Draw will do Dale, Mount need to win.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post

Dale played 17 have 42 points
    Mount played 17 have 41 points.
    Who'd have thought it?? Best two teams in the league - others, including us, fell short when the need was greatest.

Looking forward to an epic end to the league season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ball-hop View Post

in my opinion what happen up there was a disgrace and nothing short of cheating, this is my opinion so no jumping down my throat. if a team is to survive relegation on this i couldn't stomach it, for what they done i hope they go down!