Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Evertonian View Post
    .. Don't worry Avondale and Douglas Hall fans... Just because we are safe doesn't mean we aren't going to give it 100% against mount on thursday.. I expect a close game..
    Would never doubt Everton's effort for a minute... always guaranteed to give full commitment for every minute of every game.....
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Douglas Hall 1 Blarney Utd 3

Strachan scored for the 'Hall with 10 to go in the first half. Blarney completely dominated the second, scored twice in 10 minutes and the third with a couple of minutes to go.
    I reckon that's our chance gone.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Mount drew 1-1 with Everton. Good game, Ross for us and we should have got more. Everton came into it in the sec half, scored 5 ish from the end.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Douglas were doing well enough up until half time.Blarney came out of the traps in 2nd half and played them off the park.Blarney look awesome going forward and 3 great goals but are struggling at back it seems.A bit of niggle there as well with O Connell seeing red for mouthing.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    mayfield put one foot in the premier league yesterday by winning away to mallow by 3-0 they are now 1 point clear at the top with one game to go they have leeds at home next week once they don't lose that we're up win and we take the league title c'mon the lads

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Beamish Cup Quarter Final

Rockmount 0 Douglas Hall 2

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Throw View Post
    Rockmount 0 Douglas Hall 2
    Goals from Mark Murphy and Strachan, late on. I think we're at home in the Semi - Youghal or Corinthians

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Kev Mac

Glad to see this wrecking machine is still going strong, Kev Mac took over Corinthians and within a few months he single handedly destroyed the senior team and now again he has done the same to Carrigaline with a little help from Canice K.
    I know a few lads from Carrigaline and said team morale was at an all time low this year and that the management team were the worst ever.
    Well done to Mayfield and Ringmahon on promotion

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Mount beat Castleview 2-1. Wasn't above but believe Buttsy and Keane scored for Mount. Big week ahead.
    Last edited by Clifford; 11/05/2009 at 10:59 AM.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X View Post
    well i have to agree with you collcorforever except it was terrrible management from canice with a little help from kev to be honest!
    There has been so much sh** thrown around our senior team the last few months due to clashes with the management but i have to say a lot of the blame wud have to be put on them.
    Some of the decisions they made in team selection the last number of matches have been ludacrious..which has led to many of our better senior players refusing to play or not being played at all!!
    It has been going downhill since our intermediate cup exit to blarney which many people(including myself) blame the defeat on terrible managerial decisions near the end of that match!
    Since then the team never recovered which then led to our relegation to the 2nd division.
    Dont get me wrong, it goes down to the players perfromances as well, some being terrible in the run up to the end of the season, but i really believe that it is the management that cost carrigaline in the end!
    The worst thing is, they will remain managers for next season, which i know from being around the club, is causing massive unrest with most of the senior players.
    Hopefully, for the sake of the club, this can all be resolved because our club does not belong in the senior 2nd division!
    (sorry for this being so long-winded as well)

Surely, there is no guarantee that this management team wil stil be in place next season. It's not as though they have a binding contract is it?

One point though - bad and all as the management team might be, that lunatic sending off yesterday can hardly be laid at their door.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm pretty certain that's not true Mr.X

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X View Post
    true jimhacker, crazy sending off!
    was quite funny that the manager stressed before the game for the team to keep its discipline during the match.
    whats goin around the club is that he is on a contract, earning in the region of 6,000 a year
    I heard that rumour about the 6K salary too Mr.X.
    Unbelievable in this day and age.
    I wouldn't be too keen on selling tickets for a club if thats where the money was being spent

Crazy sending off too - If Carrigaline had kept their heads and pushed for an equaliser they would have got a playoff with Passage. When they felt that the win was beyond them they looked to have given up and it was at that stage the Mr. Shields got stupidly sent off - the team should have been encouraged from the line to keep fighting for the draw which would have got them into a playoff.
    But that's just my opinion

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

6,000 for what???

I hope they were on a pay related scheme and end up with nothing.
    I was talking to a few of the carrig lads who refused to play anymore under the Canice regime and they were devastated at the final whistle but then we saw Kev Mac calling the team who were just relagated into the centre circle and the lads just walked away laughing, one of the lads said "some more mind games"
    I hope carrig get their act together, get their pitch in order and a new manager and get back into top devision where they belong
    Best of luck

BobbyBoy
    I believe that Carrigaline had one of the better sides in the league this year, player wise. Throughout the pitch they have had good players in most positions. With out Danny Kelly they suffered quite badly but whenever I saw them play the 2 lads in the middle (not sure of there names, one chap with long hair,John i think, was always a pleasure to watch) were very capable.

I dont know awhole lot about Canice and Kevin other than that the success they have had with teams (outside of UCC's collingwood cups, which in my own personal opinion isn't of the highest standard) are quite limited. I'm up for correction here.

The idea of people being paid in these leagues is scary. I've hear that Carrigaline are unable to pay to complete their pitch and yet are throwing money at people to manage their team, a job which i'm sure they could get a club man to do for free and with great pride.

Personally I dont think the players individually deserve to be relegated as they are very capable of playing at this level. However the team as a whole, be it a management problem or not, were very poor this year.

X, is there any word on what yourself and the other players will be doing next year, as i'm sure there are clubs who would be delighted to have ye!

Sorry for the lenght

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Can somebody tell me why the Douglas Hall junior team is managed by two players who play junior soccer with Crosshaven???
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

De Ja Vu

Apologies in advance, this one’s been bubbling for a while and could be a long one!

A little over 3 years ago a College Corinthians senior squad were sat down by the then chairman and told that the management team of Pat Maher and Len Downey were to be replaced at the end of the season, 6 games (league and cup) away. The squad were baffled, the previous season, the first under Maher, the team avoided relegation from the PREMIER division on the last day. The second season under Maher the team were top at Christmas, eventually finishing 5th, in the semi final of the Keane cup, last 16 of the intermediate cup and first round of the FAI cup. And had ever only been beaten by the odd goal. OK not world beaters but steadied and moving in the right direction. All these facts were dismissed and after Maher and Downey finished out their season (to their credit and as good clubmen do), they departed and waiting in the wings was?? You guessed it Kev Mac. After a season of hammerings , which did admittedly include a good intermediate run, Corinthians were relegated. They amassased a points total that turned the stomach of even the most staunch of Corinthians supporters and Kev Mac went one further with a sickening display of megalomania one Sunday afternoon in an incident in Crosshaven which ended up dividing the club. So what happens when they get rid of Big Mac? they hire Canice Kennedy. Out of all cup competitions early, including a first round exit in the intermediate, the constant jobs for the boys attitude with some players and the bad man management which led to both the most decorated player in the clubs history and also the current club captain at that time leaving. It was only due to the hard work and commitment both on and off the field by long serving clubmen which kept Corinthians in the division. The damage had been done, mainly I feel when Kev Mac was appointed, this damage takes a long time to repair as was shown this season when we were again locked in a relegation battle.

I feel sorry for Carrigaline, a community club with the distinction of producing an international in Danny Kelly. They have also been a great supporter of Corinthians and I think they too have been duped by the UCC duo. They facts are that Canice and Big Mac are bluffers, they have never had to sign players and don’t know how to keep they good players that they have. This is largely due to the fact that every season they have a conveyor belt of players provided to them by the scholarship system in UCC and the catchment of approx 10000 male students in UCC, a portion of which are bound to play ball. Clubs need managers Billy Cronin is a manager, John Caulfield is a manager, Fergus McDaid was a manager Canice and Big Mac are coaches at best. Badges don’t make you a manager. I just hope that the damage done in Carrigaline is repairable and that their players stick it out to get them out of the 2nd division, but as Corinthians have shown it’s a long road back after Canice and Big Mac
    ...........END OF RANT.............

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBoy View Post

. I've hear that Carrigaline are unable to pay to complete their pitch and yet are throwing money at people to manage their team,

I think you'll find that neither scenario is correct.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Do Rockmount play lots of home games on monday night ? Just seen there that Blarney are up there next monday, strange night for a game. Clifford is there something on up there on the weekend cos they have no game sat or sunday.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    And so it goes to next week alive. The Rockmount lads put on an awesome display to catch the Douglas lads with a 3-0 destruction. Pat Keane and Ross O Cal (x2) with the goals.

Boiling up nicely now. Fingers crossed we get through the last two after having the whole world of fixtures pile up against us as usual.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    And so it goes to next week alive. The Rockmount lads put on an awesome display to catch the Douglas lads with a 3-0 destruction. Pat Keane and Ross O Cal (x2) with the goals.

Boiling up nicely now. Fingers crossed we get through the last two after having the whole world of fixtures pile up against us as usual.
    Well that is down to yer own doing which comes with success. Could you please explain to me why the game against Avondale is on a thursday night? Surely it would be a much better spectacle if it was played at the weekend. It would certainly attract a better crowd. Also why every year do they leave the "big games" till the very end. I know its exciting and it makes the league more tense etc. but it is a league not a cup which it seems is the way its run. There is only ten teams in the premier surely Mr. Finnegan can produce fixtures randomly for the season without picking and choosing who and when people play each other.