8 Posts
    Avondale 2-1 Blarney.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Avondale v Blarney

Avondale started the brighter and had some long range shots on mccarthys goal but failed to trouble him. Blarney had a period of pressure which they made count after great play by conor meade he pulled it back to an incoming player who scored. Avondale came back into the game and scored just before half time through Knowles. It was stop start in the second half with a blarney subsitute and manager sent to the stands. A great move by avondale with about 5 mins to go unlocked the blarney defence and Mark O sullivan slotted home. Its going to be an interesting run for the league

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It will be interesting alright.I thought it was a cracking game of football.Both sides playing some great stuff.Blarney were extremely comfortable up until the winner.They even had a chance to win it with a chnace in 2nd half.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Mount won 3-0, Butsy and Ross O Call got the other two. Butsy got an unbelievable goal, better than Torres' last week.

Comfortable night out, home to St Mary's in the morning.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads out of interest can anyone tell me what kind of attendences the MSL gets for bigger games like Rockmount V Avondale etc,also what kind of crowds does the intermediate cup draw for Cork derbies the last few years??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Douglas Hall 3 Ballincollig 1

For some reason moved to Moneygourney. 'Hall dominated early on, goals from Gareth O'Donovan and Kevin Mulcahy. 2-0 half time. Sewn up with Deccie O'Connell's header. Ballincollig scored with virtually the last kick of the game.
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Things getting exciting now
    I'm a 23yr old right-handed heterosexual who drinks milk and likes democracy. - dcfcsteve knows me well

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Rockmount 1-0 Marys
    Leeds 0-0 Ringmahon

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

O'Connell Cup - Hall 2 Rockmount 1

Shadow boxing... agreed Cliff?
    Kevin Mul scored both for the 'Hall - first a smashing shot which took a deflection, second from a free kick. In between, Rockmount equalised after a spell of pressure - Ross O'Callaghan I think.
    Tasty warm up for bigger matches to come.
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Cobh Wanderer's 3-1 against Ballincollig!.
    Cobh home to either Mary's or Avondale in semi's.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ball-hop View Post
    Shadow boxing... agreed Cliff?
    Kevin Mul scored both for the 'Hall - first a smashing shot which took a deflection, second from a free kick. In between, Rockmount equalised after a spell of pressure - Ross O'Callaghan I think.
    Tasty warm up for bigger matches to come.

Yeah, never sparked into life. Some good and bad by both sides. Typical end of season outing with a bigger picture to be filled in soon!!
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Avondale 1-0 St. Marys

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Blarney 1- Everton 2

Blarney played fairly weel despite missing a good few. Had Everton under pressure for most of the match. Everton scored about 25 mins in through a decent header after being under pressure for most of beginning. Second half Blarney equalised and were pushing for winner when Everton caught them on the break in last minute. Everton could have had a peno with about ten left too to be fair. Decent game of football and a bit of a smash and grab job by Everton who are safe now.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What is happening in the 1st division, looking at the MSL website Lakewood are down but who will go with them ?
    Anyone from Tramore, Carrigaline, Corinthians or Passage ? Who has to play who yet ?
    Two from three to go up, Ringmahon, Leeds or Mayfield, who are favourites ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Mayfield should be favourites since they have 2 games left although one of those is against Leeds who need to win to have any chance of going up and also against mallow who are on a good run. Ringmahon have to play tramore where you would expect them to win. So it should be mayfield and Ringmahon. Too close to call who will lift the trophy

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    ya away to mallow 2morrow it was called off last week due 2 water on the pitch the lads told me mallow didn't seem to want to play the game they told mayfield the pitch was unplayable the lads walked the pitch and said it was grand except for a small puddle at the top of the 18 yard box which could have been swept off the lads think mallow must have been short a few players sure the weather was wrost this week with rain yesterday and today and the same ref is doing the game so don't be surpised if the game off again

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfield utd View Post
    ya away to mallow 2morrow it was called off last week due 2 water on the pitch the lads told me mallow didn't seem to want to play the game they told mayfield the pitch was unplayable the lads walked the pitch and said it was grand except for a small puddle at the top of the 18 yard box which could have been swept off the lads think mallow must have been short a few players sure the weather was wrost this week with rain yesterday and today and the same ref is doing the game so don't be surpised if the game off again
    game off again game rearranged for saturday again it becoming a bit of a joke now the pitch unplayable 2 weeks in a row in the middle of spring how did they ever play home games during the winter it about time mallow got a half decent pitch and get rid of that s**t pitch

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    game off again game rearranged for saturday again it becoming a bit of a joke now the pitch unplayable 2 weeks in a row in the middle of spring how did they ever play home games during the winter it about time mallow got a half decent pitch and get rid of that s**t pitch
    Ok, lets deal with the facts here.I know a few of the Mallow players & the game that was arranged for last week was called off by the ref when he inspected the pitch. Both teams were togged out & getting warmed up. This was not ideal as obviously Mayfield had to travel but there was nothing anybody could do or say to change the ref's mind.And i'm pretty sure that Mallow were only missing one player for that game.Mallow are possibly even more annoyed that this game has been dragged out as this is their last game of the season. I'm pretty sure the Junior game that was also due to be palyed on the pitch yesterday was called off. In case you had'nt noticed, it did rain pretty bad for the previous 3 days or so.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Touch View Post
    Ok, lets deal with the facts here.I know a few of the Mallow players & the game that was arranged for last week was called off by the ref when he inspected the pitch. Both teams were togged out & getting warmed up. This was not ideal as obviously Mayfield had to travel but there was nothing anybody could do or say to change the ref's mind.And i'm pretty sure that Mallow were only missing one player for that game.Mallow are possibly even more annoyed that this game has been dragged out as this is their last game of the season. I'm pretty sure the Junior game that was also due to be palyed on the pitch yesterday was called off. In case you had'nt noticed, it did rain pretty bad for the previous 3 days or so.
    i know the game was called off by the ref and both teams were warming up but from what i was told by the players is they got there an hour before kick off mallow said pitch was unplayable the players and the manager checked the pitch and said it was good but for a small puddle at the top of the 18 yard box so at about 20 past 2 mayfield said they should get into there gear all that time mallow players never got into there gear till mayfield did ref came about 2.30 still no nets or corner flags out and two mallow guys went around the pitch with the ref now i don't know what they were saying to the ref but they told mayfield it was unplayable so i could only think what they were saying to him.i know it rained bad for the last few day but how many other game was called off in all the divisions and besides it mallow last game so surely there not worried about wrecking the pitch

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    i know the game was called off by the ref and both teams were warming up but from what i was told by the players is they got there an hour before kick off mallow said pitch was unplayable the players and the manager checked the pitch and said it was good but for a small puddle at the top of the 18 yard box so at about 20 past 2 mayfield said they should get into there gear all that time mallow players never got into there gear till mayfield did ref came about 2.30 still no nets or corner flags out and two mallow guys went around the pitch with the ref now i don't know what they were saying to the ref but they told mayfield it was unplayable so i could only think what they were saying to him.i know it rained bad for the last few day but how many other game was called off in all the divisions and besides it mallow last game so surely there not worried about wrecking the pitch

As the last line of your post says, from what i know, there were none of the Mallow players worried about the pitch. I presume they all wanted to just finish the season as soon as possible. But i do know this from talking to 1 or 2 of the players, of all the games the Mallow boys have been looking forward to, its this one as Mayfield thumped them earlier in the season & they want to beat Mayfield badly. It should be a good game (whenever it goes ahead!!) & it makes for an exciting end of season.