Page 575 of 590 FirstFirst ... 75475525565573574575576577585 ... LastLast
Results 11,481 to 11,500 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ya was at the game last night Marys were terrible but they still got 3 points and thats all that matters.... It was never gonna be easy especially in a local derby, so Marys are happy to come away with the win. Its a strange league theres really not a whole lot between top and bottom

upthelads
    I think Marys will be safe. I think they will get something off ringmahon and avoid defeat to rockmount. I think douglas hall will lose both there games leaving rockmount only needing a point to stay up with St Marys. Should be a cracker

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Cors 1-2 Dale tonight in the O'Connell Cup
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rockmount 0-1 UCC. Have to fancy UCC to go on and win the league now. A draw with wanderers will confirm it. To be fair they have been the best team in the league and are very deserving winners in my book.

The race to the bottom though is going right to the wire and I still can't pick a favourite. Two big clubs down there with long history in the premier and also a club who won the Munster Senior Cup only 2 or 3 years ago. Squeaky bum time indeed!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    What happened in Cors/Castleview? Any reason for it being blown up with 10 left?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Mary's 3-1 Ringmahon this morning
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Think Mary's will definitely stay up now great result rockmount in trouble..can see castleview struggle next year as well just don't have the players and think they will lose a few of the better players they have..

JoséConté

LEAGUE TABLE MUNSTER SENIOR LEAGUE SENIOR PREMIER DIVISION

Team Played Won Drawn Lost Goals For Goals Against Goal Diff Points
    UCC 17 11 3 3 38 16 22 36
    College Corinthians 17 10 3 4 30 17 13 33
    Cobh Wanderers 15 8 4 3 25 13 12 28
    Mayfield United 17 8 3 6 23 25 -2 27
    Ringmahon Rangers 17 8 0 9 24 27 -3 24
    St Marys 17 7 2 8 25 28 -3 23
    Avondale United 16 6 3 7 15 13 2 21
    Douglas Hall 16 6 2 8 29 26 3 20
    Rockmount 17 6 2 9 22 27 -5 20
    Castleview 17 1 2 14 8 47 -39

UCC 17 11 3 3 38 16 22 36
    College Corinthians 17 10 3 4 30 17 13 33
    Cobh Wanderers 15 8 4 3 25 13 12 28
    Mayfield United 17 8 3 6 23 25 -2 27
    Ringmahon Rangers 17 8 0 9 24 27 -3 24
    St Marys 17 7 2 8 25 28 -3 23
    Avondale United 16 6 3 7 15 13 2 21
    Douglas Hall 16 6 2 8 29 26 3 20
    Rockmount 17 6 2 9 22 27 -5 20
    Castleview 17 1 2 14 8 47 -39 5

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Tuesday
    Castleview v Avondale - League 7.45pm
    Cobh Wanderers v Midleton - Beamish Cup Semi Final 6.45pm

Thursday
    Douglas Hall v Cobh Wanderers - League
    Ringmahon v Avondale - Beamish Cup Semi Final 6.45pm

next Sunday then is Super Sunday

Sunday 21st May (10.45am KO Unless Stated)
    Beamish Stout Senior Premier Division

Rockmount v St Mary’s
    Douglas Hall v Ringmahon Rangers
    Avondale v Cobh Wanderers
    Last edited by razor; 15/05/2017 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie's Cousin View Post
    Club Notice:

Castleview AFC are delighted to confirm Martin Cambridge as their new Senior Manager for next season 2017/18. The former Cobh Ramblers and Waterford manager has agreed to take the reins and has already set about organising his management team. Martin has said he is looking forward to taking charge of his local club and hopes he can bring success. All at the club would like to welcome him aboard and wish him all the best.

He be gone in all before Xmas

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    All It took was one high profile defeat, and it has begun,I really feel for Michael Deasy this week,manger being questioned again after saturdays defeat, changed from a formation that served them so well and now knifes are sharpening,what does it take to appreciate a manger down there,if he loses games this week and misses out on league he's out the gap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    All It took was one high profile defeat, and it has begun,I really feel for Michael Deasy this week,manger being questioned again after saturdays defeat, changed from a formation that served them so well and now knifes are sharpening,what does it take to appreciate a manger down there,if he loses games this week and misses out on league he's out the gap.
    Joys of been involved in football management i think we all know that Cobh probably have best individual players in MSL but that wont make them a good team.why did he change his formation.Was John Meade carrying a knock before the game or did he pick t up in the Game if he was carrying he shouldn't have been risked simple as

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Be very harsh on Deasy if that was the case. He has brought Cobh to another level. Heard it is very professional down there regards training and recovery .

Strong squad but there is a few i have seen look like they are being carried by stronger players.

Would love to see Cobh and UCC battle it out on the last day of the season for a winner takes all. Two very good footballing sides .Be nice to see both clubs win there 1st Premier title

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    a ridiculous statement from tweety, deasey will be a 110% over cobh next season !! at the end of the day they were beaten on peno,s by a kick of a ball !! promoted only this season , got to an intermediate cup final , in contention for the premier and have a beamish cup final to look forward to, with a cup already on the shelf !! expectations have more than been matched
    injurytime were you even at the game , his formation was the same as any other game's !! meade had to start unless he couldnt walk and im sure if the man wasnt fit he'd be the 1st one to put up his hand and rule himself out
    Last edited by rooster; 16/05/2017 at 9:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    a ridiculous statement from tweety, deasey will be a 110% over cobh next season !! at the end of the day they were beaten on peno,s by a kick of a ball !! promoted only this season , got to an intermediate cup final , in contention for the premier and have a beamish cup final to look forward to, with a cup already on the shelf !! expectations have more than been matched
    injurytime were you even at the game , his formation was the same as any other game's !! meade had to start unless he couldnt walk and im sure if the man wasnt fit he'd be the 1st one to put up his hand and rule himself out
    No Rooster i was not at the game but i was referring to previus post about him changing formation

Is it down to the manager that they are still in them Competitions as i dont think he got any player in the current squad in the door could be wrong but all them players were already their when he walked into a Dressing room of winners.
    So John who was gettting phsio all week had to start over Eddie Nolan experienced player who played LOI and more pace just because John was fella who got this Cobh Wanderers ship sailing and would of kicked up a fuss if he didnt start Nonsense if he didnt start then their would of been rumble in Camp.

I hope deasy stays with a couple of ageing players this season and with 2 Hanging up the boots what he brings into that team will be interesting for all to see.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    I wasn't at the final,I'm just saying what I heard as I have before again,I've been in plenty of conversations over last two years with cobh players,problem is they have no idea who I am,anyway if you read my comment,I said I feel sorry for him because he's beeen questioned again,the same as previous manager.Not his fault.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    From what I read they were the better team overall
    The issue for me would be around Conor Meade getting sent off for taking off his jersey in the 121st minute and then being unable to take a pen.
    He'd surely have scored although you'd have said that about Chubbs too.

They've already won a cup and qualified for another final last night, beat Midleton 3-0 in the Beamish Cup, so it's been an extremely successful year for them.

Castleview 0-3 Avondale last night in the league.

table here.
    http://www.munsterseniorleague.ie/le...65/senior_prem
    Last edited by razor; 17/05/2017 at 10:31 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Well two of the biggest clubs will be going and another stayed up by the skin of its teeth

Who is going so lads
    Mount or Douglas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Avondale could have won by a lot more than that last night the castleview keeper kept them in it. Hall got a great result against Cobh last time if they can get a result against them again Thursday you'd have to fancy them to beat the drop

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Cobh beat Hall 4-0 tonight. Two wins from two will secure the league, easier said than done but they're very impressive at the moment. Ringmahon beat Avondale as well to set up the Beamish Final with Wanderers. Brilliant season for Mick Deasy and Cobh, should be an entertaining week of football ahead.