Page 57 of 590 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157557 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    If only they had a proper keeper eh Razor? Some weekend for Mount without a game.

Edit: appears that it was Beamish cup between dale and Everton.

Rockmount away to Everton in the league Sun coming.
    Last edited by Clifford; 25/03/2008 at 11:11 AM.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    1-1 today at the Airport. Mount ahead through a lovely Pat Keane goal. Missed a few chances and paid the price when Everton equalised in the second half. Most likely the fairest result as both teams put in a good shift and Everton deffo showed enough industry and energy to take something from the game. They are obviously in good form and it showed. Mount might have had the semi next week on their minds, but no complaints here with the result at the end of the day.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Munster Senior League

FAI Senior Cup 1st Rd:
    Douglas Hall 4 Castlebar Celtic 1;
    Fanad United 2 Carrigaline United 0;

Senior Premier Div:
    Blarney United 1 Cobh Wanderers 1;
    Everton 1 Rockmount 1;

Senior Div 1:
    Ballincollig 2 Leeds 0;
    Mayfield United 0 Ballinhassig 0;

Div 2:
    Garryduff 2 Casement Celtic 1;
    Lakewood Athletic 2 CIT 0;

Pop Kelleher Cup QF:
    College Corinthians 3 Mallow United 1;
    Fermoy 5 Tramore Athletic 4;

Junior Premier Div:
    Blarney United 1 Douglas Hall 2;
    Avondale United 5 UCC ‘A’ 1;
    Rockmount 0 Ringmahon Rangers ‘A’ 0;

Div 1:
    CIT 0 Crofton Celtic 3;
    Everton ‘A’ 3 Fermoy 0;
    Brooklodge United 0 Mallow United 0;
    College Corinthians ‘B’ 2 Ringmahon Rangers ‘B’ 2;
    Glasheen 0 College Corinthians ‘A’ 0.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wat a game the tramore match would of been to go to ha!! Everton seem to b flying at the moment

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
    Wat a game the tramore match would of been to go to ha!! Everton seem to b flying at the moment
    It went 3-0 Fermoy, then 4-2, then 4-4 and in extra time Fermoy won it apparently. What a game indeed.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Fixtures for the weekend locally, I'll be in Dublin this weekend for the Intermediate cup semi final, good luck one and all.

SAT 05 APR 2008 02:00 PM
    Castleview v Carrigaline Utd O'Sullivan Park

SUN 06 APR 2008 10:45 AM
    C Blarney United v Everton O'Shea Park
    Everton v Passage Everton Park
    UCC v Avondale Utd The Farm

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Munster Senior League
    FAI Intermediate cup semi-finals:
    Wayside Celtic 0 Rockmount 0;
    Bangor Celtic 0 Douglas Hall 2.

Senior Premier Div:
    Castleview 4 Carrigaline Utd. 0;
    Everton 1 Passage 0;
    UCC 1 Avondale Utd 3.

Div 1:
    Fermoy 1 Ballinhassig 1;
    Tramore Ath. 0 St. Mary’s 4;

Div 2:
    Templemount Celtic 2 Glasheen 1;
    Midleton 1 Garryduff 1;
    Bandon 0 Youghal Utd. 3.

Senior Cup 1st Rd:
    Ringmahon Rgs. 3 CIT 4;
    Leeds 2 Cobh Wanderers 1.

2nd Rd:
    Mayfield Utd. 2 Ballincollig 0.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Back to the league now and a mental 6 days for Mount with Douglas Hall tomorrow night, Carrigaline Sunday and Cobh Wanderers on Weds. Bloody hell...talk about a pile up. It's taken 6 months to play half a season and Mount will now play the other half of the season in 6 weeks. What a shambles in my opinion.
    Last edited by Clifford; 09/04/2008 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    could be a lot worse cliffy ye could be struggling for survivly like the bottom 4 or 5 teams, so i wouldn't feel too sorry for myself just yet
    Bake em away Toys

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gee wizz View Post
    could be a lot worse cliffy ye could be struggling for survivly like the bottom 4 or 5 teams, so i wouldn't feel too sorry for myself just yet
    hi gee wiz, any report on your game against leeds last weekend? an unexpected defeat, did ye not play a full team?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Deep breaths, count to ten...etc...

Rockmount 2-2 Douglas Hall.

A superb encounter ended in stalemate tonight after Mount came from a goal down to lead 2-1, only for Hall to pull it back level and come away with a share of the spoils. Hall went ahead with a header from a free about 30 mins into the game without either side threatening up until then. Mount came out all guns blazing in the second half and about 15mins in Wille Byrne burst through the middle to set up a Pat Keane cross that was blasted home by Ross O Callaghan. Jammer was then pulled back unceremoniously in the area and from the resultant spotter Willie Byrne almost broke the net. Straight down the other end and a free header from the Hall centre back went in from six yards to pull things level again. Beech was ruled offside after sticking one in the net with 5left and then we had the incident at the end.

What happened at the end of the game beggars belief, but I'm not even going to go there as the ref admitted that a mistake was made and that apparently makes it ok. I don't think it does, but apparently the officials have feelings too ( ) so I'll bite my tongue this time.

I'll let someone else mention it if they were there as I don't want to be seen to be mental (or any more mental than usual I suppose.)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Apparently Dale drew 1-1 with Carrigaline as well tonight, but I'm not 100% sure on that one? Anyone?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Deep breaths, count to ten...etc...

Rockmount 2-2 Douglas Hall.

A superb encounter ended in stalemate tonight after Mount came from a goal down to lead 2-1, only for Hall to pull it back level and come away with a share of the spoils. Hall went ahead with a header from a free about 30 mins into the game without either side threatening up until then. Mount came out all guns blazing in the second half and about 15mins in Wille Byrne burst through the middle to set up a Pat Keane cross that was blasted home by Ross O Callaghan. Jammer was then pulled back unceremoniously in the area and from the resultant spotter Willie Byrne almost broke the net. Straight down the other end and a free header from the Hall centre back went in from six yards to pull things level again. Beech was ruled offside after sticking one in the net with 5left and then we had the incident at the end.

What happened at the end of the game beggars belief, but I'm not even going to go there as the ref admitted that a mistake was made and that apparently makes it ok. I don't think it does, but apparently the officials have feelings too ( ) so I'll bite my tongue this time.

I'll let someone else mention it if they were there as I don't want to be seen to be mental (or any more mental than usual I suppose.)

eh clifford, don't you dare leave us hanging like that! come on spill the beans we all know ur mental anyways

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Just thawed out after a cold, wet night in Whitechurch. Must agree, terrific match, second half particularly good.
    I didn't hear anything about referee making a mistake, I thought it was a clear free out for a collision with the 'keeper jumping for the ball. I've seen softer frees given when the goalkeeper is involved.

Overall, a great advert for the MSL - cracking match, great pace, contrasting styles, complete commitment. Roll on part II.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ball-hop View Post
    Just thawed out after a cold, wet night in Whitechurch. Must agree, terrific match, second half particularly good.
    I didn't hear anything about referee making a mistake, I thought it was a clear free out for a collision with the 'keeper jumping for the ball. I've seen softer frees given when the goalkeeper is involved.

Overall, a great advert for the MSL - cracking match, great pace, contrasting styles, complete commitment. Roll on part II.
    hi ball-hop, welcome aboard... so what exactly happened at the end?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Your not mental Cliffy just incredibly biased.
    Come on spill the beans, we promise we'll take it with the usual grain of salt.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Double Post
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Should've mentioned.... Avondale scored a late equaliser in Carrigaline. This leaves them in deep trouble, and Rockmount and 'Hall visit them for their next 2 games.

My read was that the 'Hall keeper was fielding a cross, got bumped by a 'Mount forward, ball fell over the line. IMHO Always a free out.

Honesty, I was surprised by the 'Mount reaction. If the shoe was on the other foot I think Rockmount would have been a bit upset if a goal was given. I had no idea of what referee might have said to players etc at the time or at the full time whistle.

Keeps the pot boiling..... looks like 3 in contention at the top, 6 in contention at the bottom - will make for an interesting 3 or 4 weeks.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Ball crossed in, keeper dropped it, wasn't touched by forward, ball goes into net ref gives free out. Ref at final whistle says he got it wrong, their keeper said he dropped it cleanly and was amazed to get away with it, but happy he did. Obviously.

That's the reason people were going mental, no idea how you saw contact bud as there was no one near him.

Dale spotter and this one really gall me, but as I'm not involved I can't do anything about it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ball-hop View Post
    At the end of the day, this comment is what matters, totally agree with the sentiment.

Real end to end high energy stuff. I'm very impressed with number 7 for hall, don't know his name and the 10 Deckie something is also very very good in my opinion.