Results 10,781 to 10,800 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    This guy is searching for a job!

"Congrats to the Dale not been the best of Seasons for them but u have to hand to um alwsys good for a Throuphy or 2 even when things are not going there way,fair play"

By Thebeanosarebac
    Last edited by Shuffleruns; 18/05/2015 at 2:57 PM. Reason: Typo

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    At the last AGM the league spoke about this situation and mentioned that Senior teams need to leave space on their forms in case this situation arose.. They also said that no player can re grade after March 31st..It just seems strange that the league did not pick up on it after the games , there usually very quick to catch out suspended players when their named on card..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Any update on the mess in the 1st division . Good win for avondale at the weekend.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theblock View Post
    Any update on the mess in the 1st division . Good win for avondale at the weekend.
    Have any teams actually lodged an appeal or is it all just rubbish been spouted here? Normally they say where theres smoke , there fire. Is the issue illegal players or unregistered players or both?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Unfortunately a handful of people complaining on an internet forum about the powers at be in the msl will do nothing to change things. A delegate meeting supported by the majority of clubs would be the first step id say, just like the lsl clubs have threatened. Until something like that happens it will continue to be the absolute farce that it is

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Meanwhile in the MSL there is the small matter of a Beamish cup semi final tonight between Avondale and Glasheen with Blarney waiting on the winners.Any thoughts ?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Heard over the weekend that there was an appeal gone in.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What appeal was put in? Did anyone hear what happened with cit??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkTheBus View Post
    Unfortunately a handful of people complaining on an internet forum about the powers at be in the msl will do nothing to change things. A delegate meeting supported by the majority of clubs would be the first step id say, just like the lsl clubs have threatened. Until something like that happens it will continue to be the absolute farce that it is
    It has happend,from what I believe reps from most clubs hav met up twice to try sort out this mess of a committee.

10. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    A boycott of the Michael Ward would be an interesting notion if there is no change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gearbag View Post
    Have any teams actually lodged an appeal or is it all just rubbish been spouted here? Normally they say where theres smoke , there fire. Is the issue illegal players or unregistered players or both?
    Sure look if we believed everything on this site that's said imagine the carry on just wait till its all over and then talk about the facts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Ringmahon Rangers looking for applications for junior managers for the 2015/2016 season. Anyone interested ring 087 1472384.
    67 years in cork soccer 1951-2018
    🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razorsharp View Post
    What appeal was put in? Did anyone hear what happened with cit??
    There must be some sort of an appeal lodged because still no fixtures arranged for the relegation playoff. One thing i would like to add is, At what point do we stop blaming the committee at the MSL. Dont get me wrong im not a massive fan of them myself but surely the teams have to buck up aswell. I mean there must have been 5 or 6 matches settled this season due to illegal or suspended players and dont forget a couple of walkovers given to. I think there may be the "odd" case of a team unintentionally playing a suspended player but some of the time in my opinion i think teams are taking a chance hoping not to be caught. I feel its got to the stage where teams decide "f**k it, If they're doing it, We might aswell"... The league is heading down a slippery slope if it has come to this.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I agree Reznik it's up to the clubs to cop on a bit and have their own house in order. But I heard at the weekend that the new rules now are apparently going to stop any senior player from playing junior and vice versa. This comes at a time clubs are struggling to put together two squads at all. I think it's fair to say that most clubs are losing players to gaa and emigration and work commitments, ally this to the fact that in my experience the young fellas of today are 1/20th as committed than say 5 or 8 years ago and drop out if not played week in week out after a weeks of the season.

It's a tricky situation, but there needs to be more leeway offered from the rules. To get a player off the list of 23 is incredibly difficult, so players who have emigrated or just stopped playing have to remain on the list til the end of the season. (I realise there can be abuse of this but most of the time it's gonna be genuine). Any player registered with the youths or 19's should be able to play senior or junior to help with squad numbers instead of having a separate form for 4 or 5 of them to be allowed. If they are now banning a senior from playing junior at all - I think you can play 2 at the moment and once the individual reaches 5 he has to stop or regrade - then it will be tougher and the temptation to play a suspended player will deepen. It's not much but the current allowance makes an awful help when trying to make a 12/13 or 14 out of 9/10 or 11 late on a Friday.

I think the league do their very best, we never had a prob in Fermoy if we slipped up and got docked, but there must be a re-think in the other direction until clubs see a blast of the academy's come up with bodies. Most senior league clubs I know are still stocked with 29-33/34 year olds that they rely on. What happens when they all bugger off and retire, doesn't seem to me like the next generation give too much of a hoot.

But that's only my opinion and I'm on the outside looking in these days. May well be very wrong. Interesting to see what people on the front line are seeing it.
    Last edited by Clifford; 21/05/2015 at 9:40 PM.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Rockmount 1 St Marys 1. Full hearted effort from both sets of players. We are delighted and proud to through the lge unbeaten. As a footnote to my last post of the season tonights referee needs to go away and get his act together. Basic laws of the game were alien to him. His dismissal of 2 of the Marys coaching staff was laughable. Enjoy the summer guys.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugosanchez View Post
    Meanwhile in the MSL there is the small matter of a Beamish cup semi final tonight between Avondale and Glasheen with Blarney waiting on the winners.Any thoughts ?
    Avondale won 4-1 and play Blarney at the Cross on Sunday evening at 6pm.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    Rockmount 1 St Marys 1. Full hearted effort from both sets of players. We are delighted and proud to through the lge unbeaten. As a footnote to my last post of the season tonights referee needs to go away and get his act together. Basic laws of the game were alien to him. His dismissal of 2 of the Marys coaching staff was laughable. Enjoy the summer guys.
    Very harsh...thought hoey reffed the game to usual best

20. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Ha ha very good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    any truth in the rumour that there's a new man at the helm at Avondale and its not mulconry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    any truth in the rumour that there's a new man at the helm at Avondale and its not mulconry
    that one is for razor .... well razor ?!?!