Results 9,701 to 9,720 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duckdu View Post
    Cobh have 4 good players dub chubbs fitzy and davin Fact. The rest are average Joe soaps who have been playing mid table or relégation threatened teams. 4 players cant win 6local trophies and an intermediate. 11 players vs 4 no matter how good is always gonna lose.
    Wouldn't call John Meade, Mikey O'Shea, Shane Geasley and Dave Stack average "Joe Soaps". One of the best teams across Cork this year without a doubt

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobhlad View Post
    Wouldn't call John Meade, Mikey O'Shea, Shane Geasley and Dave Stack average "Joe Soaps". One of the best teams across Cork this year without a doubt
    John meade-past it
    Mickey o shea- wont make most of games due to work i was told?
    Shane geasly - the most overated player in the msl.
    Dave stack- not bad, when he wants.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zico365 View Post
    John meade-past it
    Mickey o shea- wont make most of games due to work i was told?
    Shane geasly - the most overated player in the msl.
    Dave stack- not bad, when he wants.
    Dave stack is the most over rated player in the league. He's a pure show off and he will always bottle it on the big occasion. He also done a john terry when playing with Douglas hall last yr in the munster senior cup. He was cup tied and still collected a medal. Division 2 suits him because he will look like a world beater down there. There is only 1 player in Cobh who isn't full of •••• and we all know who he is. Think back over the past 3/4 seasons and you will not be able to argue with me. Most of these players have let teams down all over cork time and time again.
    Let us talk premier football for a change. How are Corinthians fixed for the weekend?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pirlo View Post
    Dave stack is the most over rated player in the league. He's a pure show off and he will always bottle it on the big occasion. He also done a john terry when playing with Douglas hall last yr in the munster senior cup. He was cup tied and still collected a medal. Division 2 suits him because he will look like a world beater down there. There is only 1 player in Cobh who isn't full of •••• and we all know who he is. Think back over the past 3/4 seasons and you will not be able to argue with me. Most of these players have let teams down all over cork time and time again.
    Let us talk premier football for a change. How are Corinthians fixed for the weekend?
    Ya my point was ,is that the really only have 4 top players and rest are below average!

magpie
    Quote Originally Posted by pirlo View Post
    So not true, Stacky, Greeners, Hally and Chubbs came to us a few seasons back and they were absolutely fantastic for us. Four great lads.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobhlad View Post
    Of course you wouldnt there playing with your team 😱😱 what have these players ever done or won? As i said earlier all mid table or relagation team players. Get over yere selves already.
    Any news on players signing for other premier clubs lads?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Of course you wouldnt there playing with your team  what have these players ever done or won? As i said earlier all mid table or relagation team players. Get over yere selves already.
    Any news on players signing for other premier clubs lads?
    john and mickey have LOI medals division 1 im sure !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    what have these players ever done or won? ?

john Meade, Conor Meade, Mikey o Shea, Shane Barrett loi 1st div winners.

chubbs, jason green, Brian Fitzgerald. Conor Meade Intermediate cup, msl prem etc.

eddie Nolan, Shane geasely, green, chubbs, won promotion from msl 1st division.

davin o neill loi 1st div x2 ( I think ), msl 1st div winner

darragh Burke (ass manager) msl 1st div winner, msl prem runner up x3

eric maccarthy aul prem winner (I think??), won promotion msl div 2.

Safe to say this team has a good pedigree. Shame these players aren't with ramblers but best of luck to them all the same. I believe they will win the msl 2nd div, and go far in intermediate. But I would agree with whoever said the top 2 or 3 prem teams will knock them out of the local cups. Think the msl prem will be very close this year with avondale and rock mount battling it out. Also think midleton will surprise a few people this year. Fancy them to just stay up.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wow there are some bitter people on this forum, bar Avondale players and a select few others the majority of the league is made of mid table players and for what have these players ever done or won? Half the players being criticised are only in the early early twenties plenty of time to make stuff happen.. While they haven't done anything yet, people of Cobh have every right to be excited about wanderers for the upcoming season.. A lot of ridiculous comments being posted from people who haven't a clue about football..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Fierce entertainment over last few weeks!!! Firstly I feel sorry for Wanderers players as I don't think they are shouting anything. Avondale are still the team to beat in Cork. It would be nice to hear from forgotten clubs such as Everton, Castleview, St Mary's, Midleton. It's great the season is back.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Fierce entertainment over last few weeks!!! Firstly I feel sorry for Wanderers players as I don't think they are shouting anything. Avondale are still the team to beat in Cork. It would be nice to hear from forgotten clubs such as Everton, Castleview, St Mary's, Midleton. It's great the season is back.
    Argh- I'd say there's are a few players & staff on here stirring away to keep things interesting.

Aaaannnyway... How are UCC set? Lost a few to Dale didn't they? What about Mary's, Hall, Everton?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul mc View Post
    Argh- I'd say there's are a few players & staff on here stirring away to keep things interesting.

Aaaannnyway... How are UCC set? Lost a few to Dale didn't they? What about Mary's, Hall, Everton?
    Ucc have lost hughie o Donovan and Simon Holland to Avondale, a couple have left college, don't think they'll mount the same challenge they did last year.. Can't see past Avondale again this year, don't think Rockmount are up to it.. Don't no much about the other teams, but Everton seem to have lost a few as well.. Should be an interesting season

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    God I can't wait til the season starts so folks can talk about football.
    Even an oul friendly game at this stage, all this Cobh talk is wearing me out.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Brian Fitz from avondale to cobh,lads it would be great to move on to a different topic but it's not possible this team keeps gettin stronger ,Wolfy also approached cobh last minute

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munsterkid View Post
    Brian Fitz from avondale to cobh,lads it would be great to move on to a different topic but it's not possible this team keeps gettin stronger ,Wolfy also approached cobh last minute
    Munsterkid you are doing cobh wanderers no favours here. Talking them up like that is a dangerous game.

I wouldn't bet against rockmount this year.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chilli fair point, but lets call a spade a shovel,this is going to be brilliant when a second division team are doing savage damage against the big boys,

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Were is this rule gone that Cobh have, that no outsiders are allowed play,what a load of rubbish,and all this about praising there players for coming back helping there local club,when after all,these are the players who broke the club and left there home club not field a senior team,abandoned them in there time of need.alot of these player gone back are average players,they have struggled in most of there teams they played,bar the (LOI of Ireland players),they will probably not look as bad now with the few LOI lads alongside them,praise should be given when they stay loyal to there home club (for a change),met a chap from Cobh and these "Mercenaries" are no good for any club,not happy with the way old guard cast aside and a few outsiders now aswell coming in to play(we're is the rule gone),why also were Cobh ringing youghal players and mayfield,not all Rosie here I think,and not all the local people are behind this by all accounts,also only reason some of them playing is because they don't have to pay any membership for the year or contribute to the running of team,like come on how can ya run a team like that,shame,suppose there not a club really just a team asembled who screw the old boys who kept them afloat and herald the turncoats with open arms.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    Were is this rule gone that Cobh have, that no outsiders are allowed play,what a load of rubbish,and all this about praising there players for coming back helping there local club,when after all,these are the players who broke the club and left there home club not field a senior team,abandoned them in there time of need.alot of these player gone back are average players,they have struggled in most of there teams they played,bar the (LOI of Ireland players),they will probably not look as bad now with the few LOI lads alongside them,praise should be given when they stay loyal to there home club (for a change),met a chap from Cobh and these "Mercenaries" are no good for any club,not happy with the way old guard cast aside and a few outsiders now aswell coming in to play(we're is the rule gone),why also were Cobh ringing youghal players and mayfield,not all Rosie here I think,and not all the local people are behind this by all accounts,also only reason some of them playing is because they don't have to pay any membership for the year or contribute to the running of team,like come on how can ya run a team like that,shame,suppose there not a club really just a team asembled who screw the old boys who kept them afloat and herald the turncoats with open arms.
    All players bar one live in Cobh, and each player has to pay their membership as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Glenbuck, how do you see Rockmount fairing out this season !!!! seen them a good bit last season and thought they were carrying alot of dead wood but im sure billy and co have seen the light and freshened up things, you fancy ye,re chances this season !!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moonman View Post
    Glenbuck, how do you see Rockmount fairing out this season !!!! seen them a good bit last season and thought they were carrying alot of dead wood but im sure billy and co have seen the light and freshened up things, you fancy ye,re chances this season !!!
    Time will tell kid. Working hard.