Page 478 of 590 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488528578 ... LastLast
Results 9,541 to 9,560 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I'm hopeful that when we launch the competition and show the clubs what is on offer then they will all endorse it. Teams are entitled not to take part and if that happens then we will deal with that. The hope is to have quarter-finals in March, semi-finals in April and the final in May. I take the point about teams already having a hectic schedule but give me Avondale's predicament all day long over that of a less successful team. Winning this trophy will be I hope deemed as a huge triumph for any club.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Its a crazy idea all ready the Kean Cup The Doni ford and the o connell are classed as Micky Mouse cups, no one ever feilds a strong team in the munster cup and now you want to add another along with the intermediate cup the Fai cup and the Beamish as well as the league. At what point when this was suggested did you think it was a good option.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    It's potentially a fantastic competition and has been met with enthusiasm by both the AUL and the MSL. If the clubs that qualify for this for the 2015-16 season relay to their respective leagues that they want no part to play in it then we will pull the plug on it without any delay. It's different, it's imaginative and again we'd be hopeful that the club that wins this competition will be glad to be crowned Cork Sports News Champions League winners and they'll have a wonderful trophy to display for their efforts. We're not going to invest significant finances in this competition if it's going to be treated with distain so only time will tell. The possibility of a draw featuring Avondale v Park, Blarney Street v Rockmount, Kilreen v Everton and Glen Celtic v St Mary's should ensure it's not played out as a Mickey Mouse competition. As a manager, I'd certainly be looking to qualify for it despite a fixture backlog.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    In theory it sounds great but it won't be taken seriously by the top teams for example if it's played in April that's the business end of the season for the league especially I can't see Avondale Ucc and Rockmount fielding strong teams against the likes of park Killeen etc and this will only devalue the competition. Already there is too many competitions if they drop the end of season cups the o Connell and the Doni Ford then maybe it might have a chance. I know I sound like a killjoy here but spare a thought for the Top clubs and their managers it's just another fixture congestion.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I don't wanna come across as negative but Goggs has a fair point! The Donie Forde is a shambles, the O'Connell Cup is the same and the Keane cup is a pre season cup for fitness. This tournament takes from the beamish cup which is the biggest domestic cup and always overlooked due to Rockmount / Avondale domination of Intermediate cup in last 10 years!! Even the munster senior cup gets little recognition for god sake! Finally and again not trying to knock this idea but shouldn't Avondale or UCC or Rockmount wipe the floor with Killumney/Park? It's not as if Wilton are blowing teams away every week. In my opinion the league and beamish cup should draw the crowds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Took in Midelton v Cork City U19 this morning. 4-2 city. Midelton will struggle this year unless they get in a few, I have no doubt they where missing a few through holidays and so on but at same time they where beaten pretty easily by 16/17/18 year olds.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Kevin Murray leaving Midleton, very poor team assembled by Steve Mul so far

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluey View Post
    Took in Midelton v Cork City U19 this morning. 4-2 city. Midelton will struggle this year unless they get in a few, I have no doubt they where missing a few through holidays and so on but at same time they where beaten pretty easily by 16/17/18 year olds.
    What was this game like? Also any idea of team sheets?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Where is Kevin Murray going El Patron?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    [QUOTE=Radiostar;1768836]Where is Kevin Murray going El Patron?
    Back to Leeds I heard. He's not happy with the players Midleton have.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    [QUOTE=El Patron;1768840]
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiostar View Post
    Where is Kevin Murray going El Patron?
    Back to Leeds I heard. He's not happy with the players Midleton have.
    Don't believe it for one minute,Is he not apart of the management down there,if so isn't it kinda his responsibility to try attract a few and assemble a decent team with Stephen Mulcahy!and if all them Cobh players are gone back then any manager will find it hard,looks like Wolfie is after leaving them with a very hard job after signing so many from one club.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    FAI Intermediate cup final to be held at the Aviva this season coming,what a great incentive for all clubs especially Avondale for 5 in a row!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    [QUOTE=tweety;1768881]
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patron View Post
    Don't believe it for one minute,Is he not apart of the management down there,if so isn't it kinda his responsibility to try attract a few and assemble a decent team with Stephen Mulcahy!and if all them Cobh players are gone back then any manager will find it hard,looks like Wolfie is after leaving them with a very hard job after signing so many from one club.
    Apparently Steve Mul was trying to get in at other clubs but wasn't taken so I wonder is his heart really in it. I wouldn't blame wolfey, it's the clubs fault if they are in difficulty. Wolfey kept them in the prem, look at Leeds they're gone.
    Steve Mul prob took the job for the money and alot of money to he is reported to be getting.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [QUOTE=El Patron;1768922]
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    Apparently Steve Mul was trying to get in at other clubs but wasn't taken so I wonder is his heart really in it. I wouldn't blame wolfey, it's the clubs fault if they are in difficulty. Wolfey kept them in the prem, look at Leeds they're gone.
    Steve Mul prob took the job for the money and alot of money to he is reported to be getting.
    Haha! Your a beaut alright, 4mil a year I think on a 3 year contract 😄
    Saw the game aswell, poor enough game alright. Midleton were well worth lead at half time, but all the subs made didn't help. City's young subs played better than midletons subs to be fair, but midleton had about 4-5 seniors playing from what I could see. More back next week from holidays. Kevin not going anywhere. Wouldn't blame anyone for what's going on there, rebuilding effort needed- nothing more. Very young team, but it's funny being written off in July! Wolfe brought in who he could, no fault to him or Cobh fellas going back to Cobh this summer.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Twas bandon that kept them up turning up with 8 and a homeless fella,remember,dunno just think he had so many from Cobh always leaves a club vulnerable if they go back,seems the case now.yes there in the premier with a big rebuild job looks to happen now,isn't Mulcahy actually from Midleton??so I'd think he'd want to do well.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    Twas bandon that kept them up turning up with 8 and a homeless fella,remember,dunno just think he had so many from Cobh always leaves a club vulnerable if they go back,seems the case now.yes there in the premier with a big rebuild job looks to happen now,isn't Mulcahy actually from Midleton??so I'd think he'd want to do well.
    Of course he'd want to do well, who wouldn't? Reputation on the line plus he was involved last season under wolfey. Natural progression and no surprise when he was appointed.
    I just wonder why he put himself in the shop window with Avondale, College Corinthians and Cobh Wanderers before accepting job?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Out of the 14 cobh players to play at different times for midleton under wolfes reign only 3 were signed from cobh wanderers. So huge credit must go to wanderers for attractin all these players this year. Surely Stephen mulcachy and Kevin Murray wouldn't get involved without havin some sort of contingency plan, there both massively experienced surely they would be a big attraction to play under. Also I wouldn't put much belief in that Stephen Mul wouldn't be taken anywhere so chose midleton. He was begged to link up with avondale last year and asked to join ramblers but opted to stay loyal to midleton

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Postman View Post
    Out of the 14 cobh players to play at different times for midleton under wolfes reign only 3 were signed from cobh wanderers. So huge credit must go to wanderers for attractin all these players this year. Surely Stephen mulcachy and Kevin Murray wouldn't get involved without havin some sort of contingency plan, there both massively experienced surely they would be a big attraction to play under. Also I wouldn't put much belief in that Stephen Mul wouldn't be taken anywhere so chose midleton. He was begged to link up with avondale last year and asked to join ramblers but opted to stay loyal to midleton
    Sounds a bit more realistic to be honest,and from what I heard he wanted Midleton job from start,but I'm only going by hear say,hope he does well with them.nice to see another young manager having a go.but I think of wanderers are guilty as a club of leaving it slip,I remember players going down to Cobh to play for mellerick at the time when they were contending for Msl prem,so to be honest any decent set up put in place wanderers always had a chance to bounce back,especially with ramblers over flow,and being a football town and some 4/5 really top players down there.but pressure is on now because there is supposedly a lot of stars together there and you can only play 11,who wants to be on d bench in the second division???

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Your not giving the full facts El Patron. Last years management team did a great job keeping Midleton up, but they did it with the majority of Cobh Lads and brought through a few youngsters. Now here lies the problem the Cobh lads have left and the youngsters are still under age for youths and 19s. The youths and 19s said there are playing with their own ages this season and won't play senior and the juniors won't play senior either, so the man is left with 5 players signed, so the issue is a club one and a committee one to enforce those players to play senior if selected, and that hasn't happened yet, and until lit does Mulls hands are tied.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggs View Post
    Your not giving the full facts El Patron. Last years management team did a great job keeping Midleton up, but they did it with the majority of Cobh Lads and brought through a few youngsters. Now here lies the problem the Cobh lads have left and the youngsters are still under age for youths and 19s. The youths and 19s said there are playing with their own ages this season and won't play senior and the juniors won't play senior either, so the man is left with 5 players signed, so the issue is a club one and a committee one to enforce those players to play senior if selected, and that hasn't happened yet, and until lit does Mulls hands are tied.
    The fact is that Steve Mul would take the Cobh players back in a flash so he wants to go down the same route as Wolfey. Remember it was Wolfey who brought these players in and its the clubs fault for having no policy regarding who plays for the club. That's why they are in this mess, outside players should not be blamed for this mess but thanked for keeping them in the premier.
    If Midleton go down so be it, in the long run it might help the club and encourage them and give them time to bring through their own players as opposed to depending on players from outside.
    Apparently Midleton are so annoyed about players leaving that they refused Cobh Wanderers entry to the Barry Wall cup. Wanderers were invited to this competition every year. Personally I find this pathetic. This cup is normally East Cork teams.
    Midleton are a good example of how to run a club but decisions like this don't help them. Anyway hope they are ok next season. Good club, well run and good people involved.