Page 44 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144544 ... LastLast

Thread: Munster Senior League

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Morning all,

Ken Hoey was almost fit when I last saw him six weeks ago so he's more than likely ready again, as the FAI Intermediate player of the year I assume he's a shoe in to be selected when fit, that's a no brainer - one of the best players I've ever watched at this level who hasn't gone into LOI or abroad.

Welly has been in the squad for the last year BB so don't see why your surpried at that. An exceptionally consistant centre back, unbelievable in the air. One of the best players I've ever watched at this level who hasn't gone into LOI or abroad.

Beech as usual is the first name on the squad. One of the best players I've ever watched at this level who hasn't gone into LOI or abroad.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Morning all,

Ken Hoey was almost fit when I last saw him six weeks ago so he's more than likely ready again, as the FAI Intermediate player of the year I assume he's a shoe in to be selected when fit, that's a no brainer - one of the best players I've ever watched at this level who hasn't gone into LOI or abroad.

Welly has been in the squad for the last year BB so don't see why your surpried at that. An exceptionally consistant centre back, unbelievable in the air. One of the best players I've ever watched at this level who hasn't gone into LOI or abroad.

Beech as usual is the first name on the squad. One of the best players I've ever watched at this level who hasn't gone into LOI or abroad.
    Nice party line Cliffy. Willie is still the main man though.
    Gerry mustn't have based his selection around the Intermediate Cup Final cos Dales 3 players consist of a striker who was suspended for the Intermediate Cup Final, a chap who played only the 2nd half and a chap who wasn't even an Avondale player at the time, who got relegated with his team and is still selected ahead of the Man of the Match in the aforementioned final.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Ah, but Willie's played with many a broad!
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

BobbyBoy
    Who was willie with over?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Leg over with many a broad..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ah, but Willie's played with many a broad!
    Do you reckon? I'm sure he fell from the ugly tree...branch...hit..every..down!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Thumbs down Latest Signings

Quote Originally Posted by Shilts View Post
    Rockmount and Avondale have been hoovering up players from other clubs into huge squads for the past few seasons forceing good players to sit on the bench when they could be playing regularly with some of the 'lesser lights of Cork Soccer'. Is this done to keep the other clubs down?
    It seems Avondale feel the need to have two amateur internatonal keepers on their books. Brendan O'Connell was recently signed from relegated Corinthians and Dave O'Keeffe was capped last year. They also have another keeper who was on Cork City's books if I'm not mistaken.
    Maybe JC is going for a revolutionary defensive strategy for next season or can someone explain to me what's going on?
    Nice to have competition for places but this is taking the p*** ...
    Any comments Razor?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Caulfield is a law unto himself, no one knows what he's going to do next.
    I didn't know BOC had signed until I saw the Ireland squad in the Echo last week.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

BobbyBoy
    Strange alright but if they want to battle it out amoungst themselves to see who is the better keeper let them have at it!! Cant see them all staying if what Shilts is saying is true!!

Any thing happen with Mount??

Did mayfield lose a few??

The new set upo of leagues should make for a better standard in the first division, hopefully it will work as a better feeder to the preimer and we can keep the standards up there high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillysBoots View Post
    Do you reckon? I'm sure he fell from the ugly tree...branch...hit..every..down!!

Jealousy, my good man, will get you no where. Big Willie is hot, apparently!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBoy View Post
    Strange alright but if they want to battle it out amoungst themselves to see who is the better keeper let them have at it!! Cant see them all staying if what Shilts is saying is true!!

Any thing happen with Mount??

Did mayfield lose a few??

The new set upo of leagues should make for a better standard in the first division, hopefully it will work as a better feeder to the preimer and we can keep the standards up there high.

A few irons in the Mount fire, nothing confirmed so nothing to say - Mayfield bound to lose a few to the Prem clubs.

Dale keeping set up strange indeed, when I first saw Dave the save I wondered about him, but the more I see of him the more I understand what he's got to offer. Very surprised by them adding such a good keeper to the MOTM in the Intermediate cup final and the handy Buckley Barry. I would assume neither would be satisfied to sit on the bench.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Jealousy, my good man, will get you no where. Big Willie is hot, apparently!
    Well he ain't the best looking chap but sure isn't he a superstar footballer?
    If Rooney can attract women (even if they are grannies )then Willies got a chance.

BobbyBoy
    Anybody have the full story on the on going Kinsale saga!!

They are well good enough to playing the MSL, why have they not been allowed this year??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    No idea what's goin on at Kinsale, what's the word on the street?

This Avondale goalie thing is giving me enough to cope with, what's goin on Razor? I read on the Ramblers section on foot that he's playing with them tomorrow night, I assume Dave the Save is Dave the Save as I know it?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    This Avondale goalie thing is giving me enough to cope with, what's goin on Razor? I read on the Ramblers section on foot that he's playing with them tomorrow night, I assume Dave the Save is Dave the Save as I know it?
    Correct, Dave has signed for Cobh.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    How did it go for Cobh and Dave?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Great for cobh,not the best for Dave but early days.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

BobbyBoy
    Heard that young carrigline player kelly may be going to Avondale. any truth to that?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Apparently that is true Bobby, by all accounts he's a cracking player.

Almost all of last season's Rockmount squad are back for more punishment. The Deasy brothers may sign up, Michael has already I'm sure. There are one or two other cracking new boys, but I'll keep Mum until more unfolds. Suffice it to say that that I'm very very excited about the lads coming in.

BobbyBoy
    Any body know the expected start date for the leagues this year?
    or even whose gonna be in the first division