Thread: Munster Senior League

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricksey View Post
    Kelvin Connolly to casement done
    Is that the lad from Everton? Great signing. Find it strange that the other lad dunphy went to Everton when there clearly not improving. And Pearse players were surely enjoying their football at the minute?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R75215 View Post
    Is that the lad from Everton? Great signing. Find it strange that the other lad dunphy went to Everton when there clearly not improving. And Pearse players were surely enjoying their football at the minute?
    Ya from Everton very good player to get.i don't know the situation on the other two questions.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Ya from Everton very good player to get.i don't know the situation on the other two questions.
    The push for the league grows stronger. Best of luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Tricksy I'm a norrie out an out so forgive me for askin but I don't know so I wanted to ask. The movement of players between Everton/ Pearse/
    Dunbar / kilreen/ Greenwood and Casement . Dose it not cause animosity between the clubs being so near to each other . Or is it just a given that these things happen during a season .

Realisticly most of the Msl clubs are based on the SouthSide so it might just be the norm to bounce from club to club an eyebrows arnt raised . Is this the case .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleman View Post
    Tricksy I'm a norrie out an out so forgive me for askin but I don't know so I wanted to ask. The movement of players between Everton/ Pearse/
    Dunbar / kilreen/ Greenwood and Casement . Dose it not cause animosity between the clubs being so near to each other . Or is it just a given that these things happen during a season .

Realisticly most of the Msl clubs are based on the SouthSide so it might just be the norm to bounce from club to club an eyebrows arnt raised . Is this the case .
    No worries it's just handy for fellas there's so many good clubs around here that for whatever reason your leaving your current club you don't have to go to far.it doesn't cause much I'd say the odd few words I suppose haha but we all know each other and it wouldn't get over heated.most fellas in the clubs you named probably started with Everton but you can't hold onto everyone or when you reach 17/18 fellas head to city Cobh or other senior clubs that's my 2 pence anyway littleman if that helps ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Good move for the kid I reckon. I never thought he was a Premier player maybe that was because he was put in to the Senior League to early. With his Father after stepping down I think it made his decision a lot easier to step down a few leagues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Thanks tricksey . Appriciate the feedback .

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    No worries it's just handy for fellas there's so many good clubs around here that for whatever reason your leaving your current club you don't have to go to far.it doesn't cause much I'd say the odd few words I suppose haha but we all know each other and it wouldn't get over heated.most fellas in the clubs you named probably started with Everton but you can't hold onto everyone or when you reach 17/18 fellas head to city Cobh or other senior clubs that's my 2 pence anyway littleman if that helps ?
    To be fair that's just like asking us what it's like up here little man!! Same goes on and with a few clubs up here there is hate between the 2 clubs involved if they leave!! Rockmount Mary's castleview temple Leeds mayfield are just a few senior teams but junior is a different ball game way to many junior clubs in northside in my eyes!! Players aren't moving for footballing reasons anymore either (not all there is still a few genuine fellas ) Me personally with my old club I'd prefer to have fellas who are there for football and it shows they want to be there!!
    Last edited by razor; 23/01/2014 at 1:20 PM. Reason: Unsubstantiated Allegation

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southsider View Post
    Good move for the kid I reckon. I never thought he was a Premier player maybe that was because he was put in to the Senior League to early. With his Father after stepping down I think it made his decision a lot easier to step down a few leagues.
    The lad is only a kid. Has potential. Under a good coach he could have become a good player. I'm not sure he will get that at casement, especially when Willie Byrne works a lot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Chilli View Post
    The lad is only a kid. Has potential. Under a good coach he could have become a good player. I'm not sure he will get that at casement, especially when Willie Byrne works a lot.
    Haven't seen much of this fella to be honest but what I have seen of him is he's lively out! A bit light and off the pace for senior premier!! 2nd division will suit him not a great standard but will make him stronger it's a bit more physical not much ball in that league! Willie Byrne would make him a better player with his experience I didn't know he works a lot though so that could stop the young fella improving! The lad seems a nice young fella from the little times I've seen him so hope it works out for him and casement!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdeye View Post
    Haven't seen much of this fella to be honest but what I have seen of him is he's lively out! A bit light and off the pace for senior premier!! 2nd division will suit him not a great standard but will make him stronger it's a bit more physical not much ball in that league! Willie Byrne would make him a better player with his experience I didn't know he works a lot though so that could stop the young fella improving! The lad seems a nice young fella from the little times I've seen him so hope it works out for him and casement!

I think seven players have now left Everton ..
    the sub

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sub View Post
    I think seven players have now left Everton ..
    7?? Surely not?? The lad Connolly the managers son only confirmed one on here!! Then again the stuff posted on here your better off not believing it!! If that's true they are in big big trouble!! Anyone know who else who's gone and to who??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Great signing for casement and a great move more kelvin. Good managment in place up there now and the likes of willie terry white magic trevor daly minty etc etc will only bring him on as a player. Exciting times ahead of Casement if not this year in the next couple of years. kelvin obvioulsy bought into what they are trying to achive out there i think hel do very well out the lee road personally.
    Last edited by razor; 23/01/2014 at 1:21 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeanosarebac View Post
    Great signing for casement and a great move more kelvin. Good managment in place up there now and the likes of willie terry white magic trevor daly minty etc etc will only bring him on as a player. Exciting times ahead of Casement if not this year in the next couple of years. kelvin obvioulsy bought into what they are trying to achive out there i think hel do very well out the lee road personally.
    I wasn't having a dig, however
    Kelvin would be best advised to stay well clear of magic. I can't argue with the rest beano, exciting times for casement.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Will you be taking the credit tricksey. I hear a lot of the signings are down to you. You truly are the Peter Kenyon of casement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Will you be taking the credit tricksey. I hear a lot of the signings are down to you. You truly are the Peter Kenyon of casement
    If David gill had given me his job leaving united they wouldn't have missed fabregas and bale 😂😂😂😂
    No serious a lot of people worked hard ta get players In this year

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballMad View Post
    Seen the lad play a few times and a few goals behimd and he'll be a smashing player for that league who knows he might end up top scorer down there..
    Will defo do well it's a poor league it's between 3 to go up ballincollig casement and youghal !! I fancy ballincollig to win it with casement in 2nd! On Everton it's gotta be a worry so many players gone and not many if any at all in?? Ya gotta ask what are they playing at with such a good structure up there schoolboys up to senior and they are struggling for players??
    Last edited by razor; 23/01/2014 at 11:54 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Connolly has potential alright but was well off the pace for senior at the moment. Stacky from midleton to hall im hearing. Can anyone confirm this or is this another rumour?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Mount 2 up. Half time

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post