Page 403 of 590 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,060 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Just your luck to turn up when we had a bad day from start to finish. We're playing temple Thursday night up in casement park be sure and pop in for a look!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    There'll be no doubt about Casement winning MSL Div 2 this season. Not saying anything bad against Casement, cos they are a very handy outfit, but it's a shocking standard. Casement are a very good outfit. Better having an off day now!! Even the bottom half of MSL 1 is poor enough in fairness

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    We finished bottom of that 2nd division last season so were very happy with the improvements we've made so far. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Ya beans ye've nothing to worry about! Alot of people hoping to see ye fail but ill bet my house on ye winning Div 2 bud. Use this as a lesson and best of luck for the season ahead!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Cheers

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    There was no leagues won the last week of August !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I wasn't having a pop off the club.
    I can only call it how I saw it.

I have only 1 game to base it on.

Better to get that performance out now rather than at leagues start.

I'm sure I'll see them again this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Tramore 1 -3 Everton good win

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricksey View Post
    Tramore 1 -3 Everton good win
    Who scored tricks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Who scored tricks?
    Craig Duggan gazza and migsy how did ye get in sparks ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Lost 4-1.. Cup adventure over. League on Tuesday night

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Was at rockmount game last night and witnessed a player biting another player during the game.this player is known to all in the msl and I for one hope he gets a lifetime ban.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    Was at rockmount game last night and witnessed a player biting another player during the game.this player is known to all in the msl and I for one hope he gets a lifetime ban.
    Did he get a red card?if so it surely a no brainier for disciplinary committee?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Who was it?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Ya, was there as well. I'm not going to name the lad who was involved because you'll have all sorts of stupid rants. The guy who said that he was bitten went mad. Seemed to be showing his hand to the Ref after he was sent off for throwing a punch. Could maybe explain why he started throwing punches tho'!! 4 sent off in total, Rockmount won 2-1 by the way!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    [QUOTE=old-head;1707032]Ya, was there as well. I'm not going to name the lad who was involved because you'll have all sorts of stupid rants. The guy who said that he was bitten went mad. Seemed to be showing his hand to the Ref after he was sent off for throwing a punch. Could maybe explain why he started throwing punches tho'!! 4 sent off in total, Rockmount won 2-1 by the way!![/QUOTE

I was at this game & I know a lot of the Mallow lads. Yes, it is true that a Rockmount player bit a Mallow player on the hand during a scuffle between the two of them near the end of the game. The Mallow player went ballistic when he was bitten ,hence, the reason he started to throw his fist's trying to get the Rockmount player away from him & which subsequently contributed to him getting a red card also. I';m sure that the bite punctured the skin also. Absolutely disgusting behaviour from the Rockmount player & I know who the player is but I won't name him publicly on the forum but I think he does have previous with red cards if I'm not mistaken.

As for the game, Rockmount got 2 late goals to win but they are a very poor shadow of the recent Rockmount teams. Very little creativity through the middle of the pitch, basic idea of giving it to the full backs or centre halves & putting it long trying to win flicks or second balls. Poor performance from the ref who was absolutely berated by a certain Rockmount player (who we all know) each time a free was given to Mallow. F' off ref/f' you ref was regularly thrown at the ref who was eventually influenced by this abuse.Mallow were fit,organised & kept a good shape but could have done a lot more when in possession of the ball.

The game will be overshadowed by the bite from the Rockmount player. How a club of the stature of Rockmount can condone this, I don't know. The Mallow players were absolutely disgusted at what has happened. Somebody above mentioned a lifetime ban, I would agree that a lengthy ban is the only answer to such disgusting behaviour.

Edit to say that I would like to hear Glenbucks views on this. I normally do find his views & post's quite sensible.
    Last edited by Two Touch; 03/09/2013 at 6:40 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Sorry for taking so long to get on lads. Incident last night is under investigation. It happened near the visitors dug out so for Chiefscout say he witnessed a Rockmount player biting a Mallow player is laughable to say the least. There was no one in that area only Mallow subs and management. The 2 players in question deserved their red cards. Until the result of the query comes out it would be unfair to comment furthur. As for the comments of what the club has become....we have become nothing. The refs report Im sure will be fair in its content. No one in our club is condoning biting. The league will deal with it in time. The reaction of the Mallow player and bench seemed to suggest that something had happened alright. Sit and wait guys. But I will repeat what I said earlier. Chiefscout could not have seen the incident...unless he is involved with Mallow. More to follow....

18. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    [QUOTE=Two Touch;1707061]
    Quote Originally Posted by old-head View Post
    Ya, was there as well. I'm not going to name the lad who was involved because you'll have all sorts of stupid rants. The guy who said that he was bitten went mad. Seemed to be showing his hand to the Ref after he was sent off for throwing a punch. Could maybe explain why he started throwing punches tho'!! 4 sent off in total, Rockmount won 2-1 by the way!![/QUOTE

I was at this game & I know a lot of the Mallow lads. Yes, it is true that a Rockmount player bit a Mallow player on the hand during a scuffle between the two of them near the end of the game. The Mallow player went ballistic when he was bitten ,hence, the reason he started to throw his fist's trying to get the Rockmount player away from him & which subsequently contributed to him getting a red card also. I';m sure that the bite punctured the skin also. Absolutely disgusting behaviour from the Rockmount player & I know who the player is but I won't name him publicly on the forum but I think he does have previous with red cards if I'm not mistaken.

As for the game, Rockmount got 2 late goals to win but they are a very poor shadow of the recent Rockmount teams. Very little creativity through the middle of the pitch, basic idea of giving it to the full backs or centre halves & putting it long trying to win flicks or second balls. Poor performance from the ref who was absolutely berated by a certain Rockmount player (who we all know) each time a free was given to Mallow. F' off ref/f' you ref was regularly thrown at the ref who was eventually influenced by this abuse.Mallow were fit,organised & kept a good shape but could have done a lot more when in possession of the ball.

The game will be overshadowed by the bite from the Rockmount player. How a club of the stature of Rockmount can condone this, I don't know. The Mallow players were absolutely disgusted at what has happened. Somebody above mentioned a lifetime ban, I would agree that a lengthy ban is the only answer to such disgusting behaviour.

Edit to say that I would like to hear Glenbucks views on this. I normally do find his views & post's quite sensible.
    No one in the club is condoning anything. Where did you get that from ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    Sorry for taking so long to get on lads. Incident last night is under investigation. It happened near the visitors dug out so for Chiefscout say he witnessed a Rockmount player biting a Mallow player is laughable to say the least. There was no one in that area only Mallow subs and management. The 2 players in question deserved their red cards. Until the result of the query comes out it would be unfair to comment furthur. As for the comments of what the club has become....we have become nothing. The refs report Im sure will be fair in its content. No one in our club is condoning biting. The league will deal with it in time. The reaction of the Mallow player and bench seemed to suggest that something had happened alright. Sit and wait guys. But I will repeat what I said earlier. Chiefscout could not have seen the incident...unless he is involved with Mallow. More to follow....
    There's no smoke without fire glenbuck

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    This talk of people "condoning" the actions of any player involved in any incident is laughable. Yes a player represents a club while on the pitch but to suggest that Rockmount as a club are condoning the alleged actions is some stretch to say the least....

22. Thanks From: