Page 400 of 590 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,000 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Touch View Post
    I couldn't answer that Old Head. I do agree with you though that it is a messy way to start the league. Those 2 fixtures being called off affect between 50-60 players over the 4 teams affected & I would imagine that each team would have been looking forward to starting the season yesterday. All I will say is that, from what I know, registration forms were signed by each player during the week & would have been sent to the league before the yesterdays games. I would imagine that the club would have proof of postage etc. A very disappointing way for any club to have to start any season & my own opinion is that the league should have shown some level of understanding for the situation.
    Are they going to be left play Tuesday night ?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricksey View Post
    Are they going to be left play Tuesday night ?
    From what I was told, yes. I think it just affected the Blarney game. I hope the league will continue to enforce the rules & regulations just as forcefully for all teams now for the season ahead but if my experience of the MSL is anything to go by, depends who you know & who you are.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Mallow V Blarney called off at a very late stage. Apparently the MSL had not received proof of registration for Mallow's players before the game,( despite it being posted to them before the game) & called it off as a result. I'm also told that they called off the Mallow Jnr game for the same reason. Quite a hard stance by the league I think giving how some other teams throughout the 3 divisions are prehaps struggling to put together teams & the league provides help to these other teams by re-arranging fixtures etc. By all accounts, Mallow are NOT struggling to put together a senior team & yet the league deems it necessary to call the game off & award the game to Blarney. Very, very disappointing for the Mallow players & management i'm told.
    This is a joke,Rockmounth dont play their First keane Cup game until the 3rd of septemper!!! Starting date for the rest of us was 22nd of August,how can they justify this? Very unfair that they take the points off mallow,one rule for the big clubs it seems and another for the rest of us.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Not that they can do anything bout it but this suits rockmount down to the ground with the change in management etc...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeanosarebac View Post
    This is a joke,Rockmounth dont play their First keane Cup game until the 3rd of septemper!!! Starting date for the rest of us was 22nd of August,how can they justify this? Very unfair that they take the points off mallow,one rule for the big clubs it seems and another for the rest of us.
    Nail.on.head. Always has been & always will be. The league of course can try & deny it all they want but this situation sums it up.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superkeeper View Post
    Not that they can do anything bout it but this suits rockmount down to the ground with the change in management etc...
    How do you think it might look if it turned out Rockmount had requested that their opening fixtures be changed due to their 'circumstances'???

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    How do you think it might look if it turned out Rockmount had requested that their opening fixtures be changed due to their 'circumstances'???
    The billy Cronin factor is back :-)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    i think your looking at this the wrong way,i'm sure rockmount requested time to sign players cos i'm sure the seniors haven't got enough players to field a team yet,and as someone said a few post back they don't have a junior or youth team to dip into, would you prefer they show up for a game this weekend with 7 or 8 players.i have no problem with ANY team requesting this,as for mallow they didn't requested time to field a team cos they have a full team,they must have sent the forms off to late and the msl didn't get them by the deadline which is surely mallow own fault.giving the game to blarney was a bit hard on mallow but still mallow own fault.our seniors drew 0-0 away to everton which was a good result since we had a lot of the under 19's playing

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfield utd View Post
    i think your looking at this the wrong way,i'm sure rockmount requested time to sign players cos i'm sure the seniors haven't got enough players to field a team yet,and as someone said a few post back they don't have a junior or youth team to dip into, would you prefer they show up for a game this weekend with 7 or 8 players.i have no problem with ANY team requesting this,as for mallow they didn't requested time to field a team cos they have a full team,they must have sent the forms off to late and the msl didn't get them by the deadline which is surely mallow own fault.giving the game to blarney was a bit hard on mallow but still mallow own fault.our seniors drew 0-0 away to everton which was a good result since we had a lot of the under 19's playing
    Your prob right when you say that an element of blame lies with mallow themselves. I would still feel that awarding the game to blarney was not the correct decision and that the game should have been re-fixed giving home advantage to blarney.however,some some of the MSL decisions over the years have difficult to understand.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Watched the Leeside game versus Castleview on sat and Castleview were the better team in the first half but Leeside in the 2nd half, it looked to me like Leeside missing alot with at least 4 of there junior team from last year playing and also im sure its a team made up of all local players which is always good to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    In releation to giving a side a bit of leigh way then the MSL should be commended for doing all it can to help clubs going through tough times. I personally have been in the position where a club secretary rang me to say they couldnt field a team an i then rang the league secretary to say we would have no issue not playing the game till the club in questuon could sort themselves out. Its only a game lads an a win in those situations means nothing, rather the clubs get a chance to sort things out,it could happen to any of us.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Spot on Littleman, it's nice to be nice and all of us can be that position

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleman View Post
    In releation to giving a side a bit of leigh way then the MSL should be commended for doing all it can to help clubs going through tough times. I personally have been in the position where a club secretary rang me to say they couldnt field a team an i then rang the league secretary to say we would have no issue not playing the game till the club in questuon could sort themselves out. Its only a game lads an a win in those situations means nothing, rather the clubs get a chance to sort things out,it could happen to any of us.
    Im all for helping out clubs little man especially in theses times when clubs are struggling but it should be right acrooss the board not just one or two clubs here and there. Rockmounth should of been kept out of the Keane cup and left to sort themselves out for the league.The first league games start on the same week they play their first keane cup game when malmost all teams will have finished their group games.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    i could be wrong here but didn't the league give garryduff some extra time to get a team together a few years back,i don't know if they played in the keane cup or not that year.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redandwhite View Post
    exactly, teams base their pre season on keane cup games so now some teams are behing because the league are doing rockmount a favour..asking them to step aside from the keane cup but allowing them time to get ready for the league would have been more than fair. you would have to feel sorry for whatever guy in mallow forgot to post off the forms as im sure internally hes probably getting a lot of flak. the league obviously knew this before the games kicked off so surely some compromise could have been reached
    what would you have the league do,if they kicked rockmount out of the keane cup all the teams in rockmount group would still be a game behind on there pre season as you say

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I just heard there that the transfer window is being kept open for an extra week so billy can Raid a few more clubs!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfield utd View Post
    i could be wrong here but didn't the league give garryduff some extra time to get a team together a few years back,i don't know if they played in the keane cup or not that year.
    spot on i played with garryduff then. we pulled out of the keane cup all together to try get a team together for the league.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeanosarebac View Post
    Billy obviously asked for time which once granted is an absolute disgrace,what a shambles that is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Casement 3-1 winners agaisnt mallow tonight,great football being played.good strong squad put together out there.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-bow View Post
    Casement 3-1 winners agaisnt mallow tonight,great football being played.good strong squad put together out there.
    who scored for casement take-a-bow