Results 7,801 to 7,820 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballMad View Post
    If ur talking about the Everton keeper Shur as far as I know he played for mayfield seniors last year and they came third and then went to Everton this year and finished 5th .. Sherlock was at Everton last year and as far as I know they finished 7th or something and this year mayfield got relagated so superkeeper can't be worse than Sherlock . So coro explain that one !!!
    I would agree with coro here very rare anyone those but Shane is miles ahead of the Everton lad . It doesn't matter were the teams finished Shane would still be a better keeper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
    I would agree with coro here very rare anyone those but Shane is miles ahead of the Everton lad . It doesn't matter were the teams finished Shane would still be a better keeper
    Sherlock would have experience over Everton Lad but for his first full year senior I don't think he done to bad especially with What happened out in Everton and the team they had.. So on my opinion as a nuetral as I don't know either of them I'd go on there league form and goals conceded and age of the player Sherlock wouldn't be miles ahead .. As they say your only as good as your last game lads .. We see this year how they both do at there respective clubs will they both be at there clubs they played for next year is another question ?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballMad View Post
    Sherlock would have experience over Everton Lad but for his first full year senior I don't think he done to bad especially with What happened out in Everton and the team they had.. So on my opinion as a nuetral as I don't know either of them I'd go on there league form and goals conceded and age of the player Sherlock wouldn't be miles ahead .. As they say your only as good as your last game lads .. We see this year how they both do at there respective clubs will they both be at there clubs they played for next year is another question ?
    If your good enough your old enough is my motto . You should watch more games so stats don't tell the full story!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
    If your good enough your old enough is my motto . You should watch more games so stats don't tell the full story!
    Era Everyone has there own opinion on every player so we leave it at that kid !! No need to be downing anyone on this forum anyone from me or anyone else !!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Sherlock is away with the Army and isn't due home untill November.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    yes it's true tadgh is the new bandon manager,and i wish him all the best and hope he does a great job.someone said his done nothing for the club are having a laugh,his been with the club 30 plus years and has always been there for the club on and off the pitch.as a manager he won 1 or 2 bemish cup and 1 or 2 1st division title,he also got the club into the 2 nd round of the fai cup twice again loi teams and finished 3rd in the premier league,the clubs highest ever finish,all with a team made up of 90% local lads.i'd also like to wish brendan cronin and dermy ryan all the best as the new management team for mayfield.

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Well said Mayfield lad, wish Tadgh all the best. A football man to the core.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Taugh is a gentelman but I'm not sure Bandon is the right move.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Tadgh is a pure gentleman!! Puts a savage effort in 24\7!!!
    Last edited by razor; 21/06/2013 at 8:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    It'll be a tough year for bandon whoever is the manager

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was talking to the everton senior manager a couple of weeks ago and he said they were thrilled with him . Terry said his attitude was brilliant he trained 3 nights a week with the goalkeeping coach ray duffy and had a brilliant season so I think that last comment is a bit unfair as I know for a fact they won't tolerate any messing.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Next Monday 1st July at 6.00pm Life FM's Sporting Life programme will feature an end of season review of the 2012/2013 Munster Senior League season.

The programme will be hosted by Eric Goulding and he'll be joined in studio by former Avondale manager John Cotter, Wilton manager John Leonard and Leeds manager Declan Fagan.

In advance of the programme you can email your questions to eric.goulding@lifefm.ie or during the show you tweet us @LifeFMsport or text us on 0867200931

Tune in locally on 93.1 FM and worldwide on http://lifefm.ie/radio
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Ringmahon Rangers Junior A Premier team are currently looking for a manager for the forthcoming reason 2013/2014.all applicants please contact chairman David O Donoghue 0871957289
    67 years in cork soccer 1951-2018
    🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫

Official Representative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Crosshaven AFC Senior team under new manager Bobby Tambling, coaches Brendan O'Connell, Jamie Cotter & Aidan Bermingham return to training Thursday 18th of July. All players are asked to be in Camden for 6:50 for a 10 minute briefing before a full training session at 7pm. Please ensure you bring training kit. A large turnout is expected as interest in this team has been sky high since Bobby took over so anybody wishing to play under him feel free to turn up on the night as new players are always welcome. You can contact the manager in advance at manager@crosshavenafc.com - Bobby will then ring you back

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    It'll be hugely interesting to see what kind of team bobby can put together. Surely if he can't get together a decent team down there know one can!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redandwhite View Post
    do they actually have the base of players though for him to work with? would there be a lot from the area off with other clubs that he could attract back perhaps?
    I think you're right - when Crosshaven were playing Junior Premier a few years back they were the best team in it. The step up Senior has seen them lose numerous players to different clubs. By all accounts three were with CIT last year. I went to watch Carrig a few years back in the U16 National Cup Final at the cross & four of that team were Crosshaven lads. I'd imagine Bobby will be trying to get all these lads back playing. Added to the existing group they could do well. Beezer as number 2 is a solid move. A talented player. It'll be interesting to see how they do......
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ballsac7 View Post
    I think you're right - when Crosshaven were playing Junior Premier a few years back they were the best team in it. The step up Senior has seen them lose numerous players to different clubs. By all accounts three were with CIT last year. I went to watch Carrig a few years back in the U16 National Cup Final at the cross & four of that team were Crosshaven lads. I'd imagine Bobby will be trying to get all these lads back playing. Added to the existing group they could do well. Beezer as number 2 is a solid move. A talented player. It'll be interesting to see how they do......
    I can't ever remember crosshaven challenging for the junior prem

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Crosshaven were very strong in there day at junior level, buzz senior used to have them wound up !!'

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    They had two good years at junior then went senior i think, They never really took off at the higher standard, Used to always play on the poorer pitch if they ever came up against any half decent team. Which of course is their right.

Official Representative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fifa View Post
    I can't ever remember crosshaven challenging for the junior prem
    Crosshaven AFC won the Junior Premier in 2004-2005 before going Senior. They had been runners up for 2 of the previous 4 seasons had reached the last 8 of the Munster Junior Cup in '05 losing on peno's to Newcastle West & last 16 of the FAI Junior the same year before being beaten by St Kevins in Dublin. That season prompted the club to go Senior. Prior to that Crosshaven AFC won the Junior 1st in 2002 as well as 2007. The club also won the Junior Super Cup in 2003 (&1999) & the Junior League Cup also in 2003.

That might jog your memory....

22. Thanks From: