Page 2 of 590 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Munster Senior League

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    Think it was more the manner of the defeat as opposed to the defeat itself.
    Yawn....

Well, I heard it was 2-0 castleview with about ten left, any further on that one? If so then unlucky, sure it was a tough one, they get in amongst you.

Rockmount were robbed in a nil all with Ringmahon, lost in the end on spotters. Only Beamish cup though.

Bring on the big one next Sunday.....
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Avondale 0-2 Castleview FT
    Castleview were 2 up after 5 minutes, league over i'm afraid.
    Didn't make it down myself.
    Hopefully a decent draw tonight in the FAI Cup.

Read the Echo last night with a report by Pat McAuliffe who was also the linesman for the game (talk about double jobbing)and said the ref had a good game, he booked one player from each team twice and played 44 minutes in the first half. crazy stuff.
    Last edited by razor; 10/05/2005 at 9:10 AM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    So can any1 tell me a bit more about Avondale, should we be worried for the cup game?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Da Gull
    So can any1 tell me a bit more about Avondale, should we be worried for the cup game?
    Oh Yeah i'd be worried alright, Lots of ex Cork City talent at the club.
    John Caulfield is player manager and playing super stuff at the moment, Noel Hartigan at centre half, John Cotter in midfield. A good side playing some good football under Caulfield. They are currently missing a few players through long term injuries but should be a good game all the same.
    News from the camp is that the game will probably go ahead at Avondale Park. Directions can be posted later.
    Last edited by razor; 10/05/2005 at 9:11 AM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Da Gull
    Mate of mine - ST holder up there with Bray is happy enough. Avondale will enjoy the battle , will make it really hard, but Zayed and co should be enough to get through it.

Great tie though, you never know with cup football. Good luck to both.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Cheers lads, we'll probably manage a draw and take them back to the Carlisle.
    I am a bit worried, the draw seems tougher than a few Div1 teams, good bitto quality around the MSL so then I reckon.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    lads how is douglas hall getting on in yer league

thanks

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by l.f.c......

thanks
    Assume you are from the Carew perspective? Did yee play replay yet?

If you looked at a table you would think it will be a stroll, but they are after finding some incredible form since January in cups in particular. Pushed Wayside in semi of intermediate cup and beat other finalists Rockmount in the league about three weeks ago (although Mount were weak on the night)

I'm not sure how to compare the different leagues both teams play in, but I'd venture the Hall might have a bit too much, although it is away. What's the inherent difference between Senior and Junior football? I'd say very little indeed.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by l.f.c......

thanks
    Last Night
    Avondale Utd 0-0 Douglas Hall

So unless Rockmount can provide a minor miracle then the league is Castleviews.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Last Night
    Avondale Utd 0-0 Douglas Hall

So unless Rockmount can provide a minor miracle then the league is Castleviews.
    Jaysus, what's happened Avondale? I saw them v Fermoy at the weekend and they were hammered. Shame really, a good senior cup run will fix it all. Is it cos big Damien is injured?

Rockmount need Douglas Hall to come up with a win v Castleview and then we have to win all 5 of the league games left. Bleeding heck it would be amzing if tht became possible. Come on the Hall.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CLIFFORD
    Jaysus, what's happened Avondale? I saw them v Fermoy at the weekend and they were hammered. Shame really, a good senior cup run will fix it all. Is it cos big Damien is injured?
    Got a report on the game and seemingly it was one of those days, Avondale had 10-15 chances and didn't take any of them, Fermoy did and still got relegated when Marys beat UCC 4-1. Damien has been a loss but has the cast off and isn't too far off a return from what I hear.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Got a report on the game and seemingly it was one of those days, Avondale had 10-15 chances and didn't take any of them, Fermoy did and still got relegated when Marys beat UCC 4-1. Damien has been a loss but has the cast off and isn't too far off a return from what I hear.
    Bias is a great thing, Fermoy played all the football for the first twenty, played like a team with no inhibitions cos of the relegation. Avondale had about 5 good chances, Caulfield missing the worst sitter, from a yard. That's about it really, good to hear Damien recovering, nice chap.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey Clifford,

Was that you emailing me back from travel agents I hadn't a clue never guessed to look at name lol

I continued the boozing up to Tuesday morning today's my first day back in work

Are ya heading up on Sunday???

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Bias is a great thing
    Well as I said I got the report 2nd hand and i'm sure we couldn't ever accuse yourself of being biased.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amarach
    Hey Clifford,

Was that you emailing me back from travel agents I hadn't a clue never guessed to look at name lol

I continued the boozing up to Tuesday morning today's my first day back in work

Are ya heading up on Sunday???

Aye, that be me all right, ha ha, I was praying it was you - imagine someone else with the same name getting it? It is me who goes through them every morning and at night.

Will ya mail me back and I can bring info with me Sunday. We are going for sure, hitting the road at 7.30am. Long drive ahead. Saw yee Sunday, nice work with the Mount t-shirts. We were up by the Wayside dug out for a bit of banter. Looking forward to it now. All fit and well, arrangements made for those who were supposed to be elsewhere.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Well as I said I got the report 2nd hand and i'm sure we couldn't ever accuse yourself of being biased.
    Sorry bud, meant the person who'd passed on the info. Bias is not a bad thing, without it the banter would be boring like egg chasing.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Aye, that be me all right, ha ha, I was praying it was you - imagine someone else with the same name getting it? It is me who goes through them every morning and at night.

Will ya mail me back and I can bring info with me Sunday. We are going for sure, hitting the road at 7.30am. Long drive ahead. Saw yee Sunday, nice work with the Mount t-shirts. We were up by the Wayside dug out for a bit of banter. Looking forward to it now. All fit and well, arrangements made for those who were supposed to be elsewhere.
    I won't be there sunday
    I've to be elsewhere, can't get outta it, plus I've 8 Derry lads from the BPSC staying in my house next Friday for the wkend, so I've a hectic week ahead and last wkend I didn't get home from drinking til Tuesday evening so parents aren't 2 impressed so this wkend have to have a quiet one
    So am I gonna get a great deal on Cork to New York, talking to my cousin last night we're gonna be heading there end of November start of December just for the christmas shopping!!!! So bud your best deal lol joking

My email addy is lisalynch1979@yahoo.ie

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Well tonight is the night of destiny. Castleview at home to Douglas Hall seeking a win to take the title. Hall need a point to be absolutely safe from relegation, Rockmount need Hall to take a point to still have a chance of the title. This is Castleviews last game, Mount have 4 or 5 left, they play St Mary's tonight. Good luck to all involved.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I hope Douglas Hall kick their arses lol, I was in a pub last week and got fierce slack from Castleview players, taunting me on why I follow Rockmount and not Castleview

Where's the game been played??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amarach
    I hope Douglas Hall kick their arses lol, I was in a pub last week and got fierce slack from Castleview players, taunting me on why I follow Rockmount and not Castleview

Where's the game been played??
    Mount and View both at home I think. Fingers crossed we get this to go our way tonight.

Edit, Mount away I'm told, sorry Amarach.
    Last edited by Clifford; 26/05/2005 at 6:05 PM.