Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 27 of 590 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127527 ... LastLast

Thread: Munster Senior League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That's the same system as the League I play in over here with 12 in the top division and 11 and 10 in the other 2. Most people here would prefer 2 Divisions with 15 or 16 in each.

A ten team division isn't great IMO.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse
    Most people here would prefer 2 Divisions with 15 or 16 in each.

A ten team division isn't great IMO.
    The prob with 15 in a league here is that it wouldn't be finished til August with the MSL in charge, ha ha.

There is about 6 cups here that the teams are in as well as the league and Christmas fixtures invariably always clog up (cos of the state of the pitches etc) so I suppose that is the reasoning behind the change. I for one am happy with it cos it might allow Mount a concerted effort to pull off both the league and FAI Intermediate cup. I'm sure Avondale agree.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford
    I for one am happy with it cos it might allow Mount a concerted effort to pull off both the league and FAI Intermediate cup. I'm sure Avondale agree.
    Yeah, Dale would be ecstatic with a Rockmount double.
    We have the Beamish Cup, O'Connell Cup, Keane Cup, Munster Senior Cup, FAI Intermediate Cup and ???
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    We have the Beamish Cup, O'Connell Cup, Keane Cup, Munster Senior Cup, FAI Intermediate Cup and ???
    Oh yeah, I forgot about all those cups...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Smile

Lucky you, could do with a break myslef. Anywhere nice?

Cheers for the congrats, it was a good weekend of celebrating. Wins against Dale and View in the closing stages clarified it really, not a lot between them all other than that. Rest of the league is poor enough, new blood like Blarney and Carrig have been a breath of fresh air.

Please let Carrig win, please please please......Leed to go down? Sweetttt.

Happy now?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Ahem, cough, FAI Senior Cup........in my defence I said "about 6 cups".

I know Dale would be chuffed for Mount indeed. As would Rockmount if the impossible ever happended and Dale did it!!!!
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhacker
    Happy now?
    Top class. Are Carrig going to be strong tonight?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Rockmount 3-1 Carrigaline. Ross O Callaghan 2 headers for the Champions and Terry White with a contender for goal of the season.

Two games to go in the season, for some stupid reason it's rumoured that the Final is on in Crosshaven next Friday night. Rubbish.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    for some stupid reason it's rumoured that the Final is on in Crosshaven next Friday night. Rubbish.
    final of what ?
    Dale out in Blarney tonight, big celebrations in the RPH last night so expect a reserve side, i'd say none of the Internationals will be risked.
    Nice touch too on the Echo the other night, lots of photos from the cup celebrations.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    final of what ?
    Dale out in Blarney tonight, big celebrations in the RPH last night so expect a reserve side, i'd say none of the Internationals will be risked.
    Nice touch too on the Echo the other night, lots of photos from the cup celebrations.
    O Connell Cup final. Not sure who won between Douglas and Everton in other semi.

Thank the Lord for the Echo, they do wonderful work with the leagues.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Blarney Utd 0-3 Avondale Utd.
    Only played 30 minutes a side with Blarneys huge fixture backlog.
    John Caulfield played on goal too, clean sheet as well.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Rockmount 3-1 Carrigaline. Ross O Callaghan 2 headers for the Champions and Terry White with a contender for goal of the season.
    What was the story with Alan O'Connor? Rumours are he faces at least a year if not two on the sidelines, sent off with 9 minutes to go and the game ended at that point. I heard the gardai were also called to the incident.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    What was the story with Alan O'Connor? Rumours are he faces at least a year if not two on the sidelines, sent off with 9 minutes to go and the game ended at that point. I heard the gardai were also called to the incident.
    Amazing how these things grow legs. The game was in stoppage time, Howey went down the wing, centre half comes and levels him. Second yellow had to go. Awaiting free (I was right behind goal on way out) Carrig player kicks Alan 3/4 times no reaction. Free comes in goes over bar, everyone turns to run outfield, same Carrig player trips Alan, they come face to face Carrig player throws head and Alan reacted. Ref blows it up, I expect Alan to get 3 match ban for straight red and maybe 5 or 6 more games on top of that.

No Gardai called, that was all over emotional tension at the end. I was there til they all were gone. Unsavoury incident, the Carrig guy went looking for and got a reaction. I'd say he regrets it now, I don't agree with reacting to provokation in this manner, but can understand how a guy would get upset.

Fair play to JC for going in goal, might stay there next year....
    Last edited by Clifford; 04/06/2006 at 8:18 PM.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    they come face to face Carrig player throws head and Alan reacted. Ref blows it up, I expect Alan to get 3 match ban for straight red and maybe 5 or 6 more games on top of that.
    Was there a punch or a bop?, I heard a new rule came in at the start of last season that for a bop its a straight 12 months. Must be pretty bad if u reckon he could be facing 8 or 9 games all the same.
    Did you witness the goings on?
    Was the Carrig guy badly injured?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Was there a punch or a bop? Must be pretty bad if u reckon he could be facing 8 or 9 games all the same.
    Did you witness the goings on?
    Was the Carrig guy badly injured?
    Only reckon on the extra games cos of the reaction at the end of the game. As mentioned above I was right behind the goal about 10 yards from it. Not a thing you want to see, but I've seen it happen many times in MSL, local GAA etc.

A year would be totally wrong, IMHO.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Blarney 1 - 2 Rockmount

The champions finished their league campaign with yet another win, losing only 1 game all season. Sensational stuff indeed.

Steph Hurley and Ken Howey got the goals, Blarney made it interesting yet never really were going to win it.

Roll on Friday night and the O Connell cup final. Missing 6 of course for good measure!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Roll on Friday night and the O Connell cup final. Missing 6 of course for good measure!
    6? that means poor Billy has to pick 11 from the 20 that are left so. But it is the start of the World Cup.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Very funny, the lads are all gone to La Manga for pre season training if you must know!!!

I heard Alan Weldon and Ken Howey were excellent in the Irish trials. How are the Dale lads getting along? I assume Marky Sull will be kept and Knowlsey dropped like the hot coles after his recent form. Was Dave the save up there in the end? Probably struggled badly if the training is intense up there.

Formerly skibbereen co.cork but now Oregon USA
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by citybone
    west cork league team beat clair district league team the aul team and now the munster league to make the final of the district leagues/intermediate league national cup
    so ha yee lost to a poor junior district league team
    its the furthest we ever got as far as i know anyone know any info about the final???
    sorry i left the result for so long but dublin aul beat a hungover west cork league 5-0 in tolka park last sunday
    maybe next year
    west cork district league
    west cork commandos

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    I heard Alan Weldon and Ken Howey were excellent in the Irish trials. How are the Dale lads getting along? I assume Marky Sull will be kept and Knowlsey dropped like the hot coles after his recent form. Was Dave the save up there in the end? Probably struggled badly if the training is intense up there.
    2 good wins so far, Dave and Marky are currently in Dublin and will be flying to San Marino today, game is 9pm tomorrow night. I think the lad out of Blarney and 1 or 2 other MSL lads are gone too. Knowlsey is young and a very good prospect.

After his numerous sessions with Biscuits and the City keepers throughout the season I don't think Dave will have too much problem with the Ireland sessions.