Results 4,441 to 4,460 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I don't know the guy from Adam but I just don't believe that to be honest. I bet a rumour that grew arms and legs. He is a lovely player and just needs someone to talk with him. Surely it is a case of being a bit spoilt and silly rather than malicious and dangerous!

We were all young, cut the boys some slack as they are lovely players to watch. YES, they have been seriously stupid over last 2-3 seasons but jaysus there is a hate mob growing here quickly.

My advice to them is let their feet do the talking.
    Believe it because it's true and isn't the first time he has done it

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    Deccy o Connell facing an 18 month suspension of fare is fare.Brian Healy got it for threatening an official...Deccy threatened 2?????
    Didnt Healy threaten to stab the ref causing the match to be abandoned and the ref to go to the Gardai, think thats a bit worse than what Deccy did. Don't think he will get anything more than 5 or 6 games but it all depends on how serious the ref took his threat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I don't know the guy from Adam but I just don't believe that to be honest. I bet a rumour that grew arms and legs. He is a lovely player and just needs someone to talk with him. Surely it is a case of being a bit spoilt and silly rather than malicious and dangerous!

We were all young, cut the boys some slack as they are lovely players to watch. YES, they have been seriously stupid over last 2-3 seasons but jaysus there is a hate mob growing here quickly.

My advice to them is let their feet do the talking.

Think its a bit more than just talking to these fellas Sparky , they have no respect for anyone in authority ,refs coaches etc .. look at how many managers theyve been through in recent years for cryin out loud , always seems to be infighting in that club if you ask me & while you dont want to tar everyone there with the same brush its the same names constantly being mentioned , either being sent off or complaining about managers / coaches . refs can be headwreckers theres no doubth & as much as yould love to see them keep a lower profile in games its just never going to happen . im sure refs discuss the " Usual suspects " at their meetings ( maybe Man in the middle could touch on this )& on a club by club basis they know whos going to be the ones to watch on Matchdays , once they step out of line at all they get carded & it goes from there . probably feel they are being singled out at times , in some cases Id say they have a point but theres a lot of players in the MSL who will always pick up cards , you could name a lot of them .. for the Hall its 2 or 3 regulars .. varian not included here .

sorry for being a bit long winded on the topic .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justasupporter View Post
    Think its a bit more than just talking to these fellas Sparky , they have no respect for anyone in authority ,refs coaches etc .. look at how many managers theyve been through in recent years for cryin out loud , always seems to be infighting in that club if you ask me & while you dont want to tar everyone there with the same brush its the same names constantly being mentioned , either being sent off or complaining about managers / coaches . refs can be headwreckers theres no doubth & as much as yould love to see them keep a lower profile in games its just never going to happen . im sure refs discuss the " Usual suspects " at their meetings ( maybe Man in the middle could touch on this )& on a club by club basis they know whos going to be the ones to watch on Matchdays , once they step out of line at all they get carded & it goes from there . probably feel they are being singled out at times , in some cases Id say they have a point but theres a lot of players in the MSL who will always pick up cards , you could name a lot of them .. for the Hall its 2 or 3 regulars .. varian not included here .

sorry for being a bit long winded on the topic .
    as you will appreciate justa i have to be very cautious with the things i say here as you can bet there is other refs or people who know refs will be reading in.
    in the case of the meetings i can honestly say in 5 years that players names never get mentioned openly to the floor etc. there may have been a handful of times that abandoned games are discussed for the purposes of learning and consitency but never names. when the refs talk amongst each other im not sure what they speak of but of course its human nature to discuss different games and their importance etc etc etc in the very same way ye are discussing it here.

i wish i could post more often but i just can't justify it being a ref. i have played all my life and had the same frustrations as i see here all the time but its all part of the game.

the only pattern i can see this years with all the sendings off in senior league this season so far is refs who are of a top grading not allowing themselve to be subjected to abuse or being undermimed.

i have said it so many times that you have to allow for the personality of a ref as well,the tolerance level of the ref and what he is willing to put up with and that can even change game to game. i will take a certain amount of frustration and questioning of decsions but never ever abuse.another ref may be different. you make it easy then as its a red.

when i played i accepted there was nothing i could do about a refs decision but i was rare. i had bigger things to worry about on the pitch than the ref was the way i looked at it.

i mean you have some balm pots will lose it over a stupid throw ball on the half way line. there is nothing you can do with those fellas.
    Last edited by maninthemiddle; 27/09/2011 at 2:11 PM.
    there no such thing as a bad pint.there are ony pints and better pints.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Mount and Leeds off. Fog. A LOT OF FOG. Right decision in the end I suppose.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I played in that match B Healy got abandoned and the ref did feel intimidated from what I could see. I didnt hear exactly what was said but judging from the ref on the nights reaction he didnt like it.
    I dont know if DOC was similar to this but in fairness to the ref - does anyone deserve this level of abuse to be aimed in their direction ? I have played in plenty matches with awful ref's and probably shouted at them myself over decisions but i wouldnt threaten them. Do players genuinely believe that a MSL ref is operating with an specific agenda or some sort of bias because bad as some of them can be on their day i wouldnt believe that.
    I have had plenty days to forget on the pitch and I'd imagine some ref's have the same. It's a pity for Douglas that they seem to implode on such a regular basis with the same faces appearing in the bad books because they have some of the most talented players in the league and also some genuinely honest and hardworking lads who deserve better than having to play with 9 or 10 men on a regular basis because their "teammates" cant keep their mouths shut. It always seems to be for mouthing too these people are sent off, abuse and mouthing when the going gets tough. It is unfair on the other lads in the team and the backroom staff and management who give their time and effort to see it made harder or to see their ambitions ruined through no fault of their own.

My two cents anyway

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    I personally believe the whole key to the refs debate is lack of a clear pathway from the clubs to discuss/comment on the performance of the refs. The clubs pay the refs but have no clear outlet to pass on comments. The most frustrating thing is seeing the same ref make the same mistakes (i dont mean once off errors of judgements, I mean more handling of games incorrectly). For example, some of the older refs use a schoolteacher approach to players - those days are gone but how do clubs get that point across? Pulling out a yellow card after a minute for a nothing foul kills the game for everyone - that sort of thing. Refs judge refs but they arent players. Players/clubs have no outlet like in the Premiership where the manager can ring the head of referees. It may not fix the problem but it could only help.

In my opinion, the only difference between Mr Healy and Mr O Connell maybe the reaction of the officials. One may feel intimidated whereas someone like maninthemiddle may not in the same position. If Mr Healy got 18 months, and another experience I know of got 2 years, then the line in the sand is drawn. 18 months to 2 years is the standard punishment.
    Just remember, every kick makes me stronger and more determined. Indians always come back!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    I personally believe the whole key to the refs debate is lack of a clear pathway from the clubs to discuss/comment on the performance of the refs. The clubs pay the refs but have no clear outlet to pass on comments. The most frustrating thing is seeing the same ref make the same mistakes (i dont mean once off errors of judgements, I mean more handling of games incorrectly). For example, some of the older refs use a schoolteacher approach to players - those days are gone but how do clubs get that point across? Pulling out a yellow card after a minute for a nothing foul kills the game for everyone - that sort of thing. Refs judge refs but they arent players. Players/clubs have no outlet like in the Premiership where the manager can ring the head of referees. It may not fix the problem but it could only help.

In my opinion, the only difference between Mr Healy and Mr O Connell maybe the reaction of the officials. One may feel intimidated whereas someone like maninthemiddle may not in the same position. If Mr Healy got 18 months, and another experience I know of got 2 years, then the line in the sand is drawn. 18 months to 2 years is the standard punishment.

well in these serious cases the intimidation factor goes out the window as you have a clear mandate as to what to do. in both cases above whether you are intimidated or not you issue a red card or if needs be end the game and report to the nearest garda station. its just like applying the rules.

i certainly wouldnt be intimidated in either of the above cases and would only be sorry that a red card was all i could do.

controlling the game is very important and what somtimes may seem like a harsh yellow is for control purposes. it is something (as horse says) players may not be aware of and i certainly wasnt when playing as well as a lot of other things.thats because of no link or two way education between players and refs.

on any given sunday you have hundreds of different scenarios and levels of importance,local rivalry, history of the clubs involved etc etc etc to allow for. i have had very important games that went without a hitch and friendlys that almost ended in bedlam and in all cases i am the one responsible for control and safety of the game. if you leave a dangerous tackle go in the first minute because "its only the first minute" then 20 minutes later you cant book a different player for the same offence. then you start to lose control and fellas wade in with tackles.

same with the abuse. if you allow yourself to take it then its open season where as if you deal with the first scenario you encounter correctly then its that way for the 90 minutes and nobody can say they were not warned or booked etc.

it is a tough tough job and thats why only a few are up for it but the training received since the new FAI referee development plan in 2007 can only improve refs without a doubt in the course of time.

again all i can say is i show every player and manager the utmost respect until i have reason to not. i do it because i love the game and i enjoy being a ref.if i wasnt id be lining a pitch or running a team. this is where i ended up. when the whistle goes i do my best and when its over i shake hands and i leave it on the pitch.

im only human. ha ha!

i cant speak for others but thats my take on it.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I genuinely think we should look a little at rugby. Before ye all start shouting I only mean in one sense. If abuse to a referee, a dangerous tackle or bad language etc is issued early in a game the referee 'COULD' call both captains of the teams in for a word that all players can hear. Then this way it looks to me that the referee does not want to book anyone or send anyone off but has given a warning to both squads. The Captains can jog back to their positions and tell his team to act like he is supposed to. I think it would work for the referee who would gain respect and all the players are made aware early. Just my opinion and I think it is a practical one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I genuinely think we should look a little at rugby. Before ye all start shouting I only mean in one sense. If abuse to a referee, a dangerous tackle or bad language etc is issued early in a game the referee 'COULD' call both captains of the teams in for a word that all players can hear. Then this way it looks to me that the referee does not want to book anyone or send anyone off but has given a warning to both squads. The Captains can jog back to their positions and tell his team to act like he is supposed to. I think it would work for the referee who would gain respect and all the players are made aware early. Just my opinion and I think it is a practical one.

it is a good idea but one that needs to be brought in at underage and made standard then. the world game/fifa should implement a rugby type set up at under 10/11 and leave it go that way in my opinion. it would have to suit the game though and not slow it down.

i never understood fellas abusing referees when they knwo the outcome. fair enough you might do it and get sent off once but how do fellas not learn from it. ill never get that regardless of bad decisions.

it is the equivalent to me of not bothering to learn how to get better at passing or heading a ball. get more self control if you suffer from rage. obvioulsy it must not be that easy. anyway!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    As a neutral at the Hall vs. Mayfield game, went to see many ex-cobh players in action, I believe Mayfield would have won even if Hall had 11 men. Kevin Mulcahy deserved a straight red as he had been at the ref from the kickoff. Felt the referee then left his ego take charge with the Deccy O' Connell sending off. We all know what Deccy is. But how can a referee travel the width of the pitch and issue a straight red card without consulting the lino? For all we know Deccy could have told the lino he loved him!! No doubt it was the opposite but too many people on here are speculating as there was no spectators by where he was sent off, only players and management. People are giving a dog a bad name worse than he has already. Felt the ref then lost control of himself as the Varian sending off was an utter joke. Lets hope the Hall/MSL deal with discipline problems and continue to play the excellent football we've seen from them in the last 4/5 years. Well done to Mayfield on a superb victory marred by the Hall indiscipline. Maybe its time for the ref in question to issue himself with a red card.
    COBH RAMBLERS- FIRST DIVISION CHAMPIONS '07

Equality for the rams:(

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    I'm sick and tired of Douglas Hall's ill discipline and it's the same culprits time and time again is it football or girls volleyball we are playing these guys are acting like hormonal school girls and it always seems to be the refs fault would somebody please fine the club serverly so it doesnt happen again or just ban these spoilt brats for good and one more thing what in gods name is the manager doing about it .Pitiful.

magpie
    ah come on he's not, deccy is a nice guy, a bit hot headed on the pitch but who's not? ive played against him for years and always got a hand shake at the end of each game, after he hand kicked and stamped on me a few times.... I think that the standard and the gap between all the teams in the premier is much higher and closer, therefor each game means so much, but the standard of referee's in general is not getting any better, and it really frustrates the players of all teams. This is highlighted by the amount of red cards we have seen this year...but give the lad a break, he's a class act and i think it would be a pity to see him getting a lengthy suspension.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    A much welcome break for douglas this weekend with the Michael Ward trophy taking place, a few big games in the first division to look forward to. From what a hear, Ucc have a very much younger side from last year, a lot of freshers called up to the first team this year, a good game between 2 of maybe the 4 real candidates for promotion this year (Fermoy and Castleview). reckon fermoy should have a handy one at home to Tramore, although Paul Kerrigan might prove to be a handful up top :P Ringmahon another tough game ahead of them, would really be looking to get a result away to castleview to get themselves back into contention for promotion, beacause if castleview win, then 3 defeats from opening four games doesnt help their cause at all.
    Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    What the story with Lakewood folding their senior team. Lovely set up out there, would have thought the facilities would help attract players.
    Anyone got the inside info?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehill View Post
    What the story with Lakewood folding their senior team. Lovely set up out there, would have thought the facilities would help attract players.
    From what I hear there is a lot of competition in that area between Ballincollig/Lakewood/Coachford/Killumney and just not enough players to around. Agree with you about the set up though. Nice pitch/clubhouse.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehill View Post
    they have been poor for a few years now.. imagine its difficult to attract players getting thumped week in week out. sad to see as you say great facilties out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    odd's for the premier league

avondale-evens
    rockmount 6/4
    mayfield,douglas hall,5/1
    everton,12/1
    blarney,16/1
    corinthians,20/1
    marys,33/1
    midleton,leeds,66/1

"Winning isn't everything. Wanting to win is."

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    at those odds avondale are certs and everton best each way

but the big news and how did chiefscout miss it is kevin mul signing for avondale and this is fact

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by douglas local View Post
    at those odds avondale are certs and everton best each way

but the big news and how did chiefscout miss it is kevin mul signing for avondale and this is fact
    What's the background to this Douglas , Argument with manager or just wanted out of Hall ?