Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    If its ok to mention players names why cant the ref be named ??? Anthony Buttimer was the ref according to fixture list.
    I understand where you are coming from Glenbuck and I would have no problem in mentioning names either BUT it is just that I know this referee would love if his name was talked about over the weekend. That is the type he is. I just didn't want to give him the satisfaction nor do I think he deserves to be discussed.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Strangly enough it's the opposing line that I was on about, not the ref. The refs have a rotten job and get way to much grief as it is. I shout and vent as well as we all do, but this was an experience like no other tbf. I like SOC and couldn't blame him for probably sub consciously bending under a barrage of grief from the first kick to the last. Lesson learned and we move on.

Tramore at home next weekend for us. Anyone see them today in their first game?
    Clifford, I was at the match and the only thing that swayed the ref was the blatant hand ball for the penalty. But to be fair ye have a really good side and ye will be there or there abouts. On a negative note your left back was a disgrace, his attitude to the ref at the end of the match was not a nice thing to see. Could of being heat of the moment so I would let that slide.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik View Post
    St Marys 0-1 Blarney Utd
    Good win for Blarney. Both teams missing players.Game itself was poor.Middle of midfield was swamped.Marys had a few shots in first half but Blarney had some great chances in 2nd half to wrap it up.Thought Marys would throw the kitchen sink but they seemed to run out of steam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Strangly enough it's the opposing line that I was on about, not the ref. The refs have a rotten job and get way to much grief as it is. I shout and vent as well as we all do, but this was an experience like no other tbf. I like SOC and couldn't blame him for probably sub consciously bending under a barrage of grief from the first kick to the last. Lesson learned and we move on.

Tramore at home next weekend for us. Anyone see them today in their first game?
    Wasn't at Tramore/Carrigaline game but heard about it. Finished 4-2 to carrigaline, carrig went 2-0 up. Pegged back to 2-2 and pushed on again with 2 goals in the second half. Tramore have a lot of nemo footballers playing for them apparently, Paul Kerrigan was starting up front. From what i hear very fit, but not much football, reckon ye shudnt have a problem against them next week Clifford.
    Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I understand where you are coming from Glenbuck and I would have no problem in mentioning names either BUT it is just that I know this referee would love if his name was talked about over the weekend. That is the type he is. I just didn't want to give him the satisfaction nor do I think he deserves to be discussed.
    Egomania was to the fore at the Cross on Saturday night, was only the 4th official but made the ref stop the game in stoppage time with City on the attack so the camera could be on him for a minute as the ref sent off a Derry sub.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    As usual the hall were a disgrace no matter how bad a ref is nobody deserves that crap .deccie n kev mul should be banned for at least 10 games if not more .they are consistent offenders.hw the hall put up with it is beyond me.they r a disgrace

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the hawk View Post
    As usual the hall were a disgrace no matter how bad a ref is nobody deserves that crap .deccie n kev mul should be banned for at least 10 games if not more .they are consistent offenders.hw the hall put up with it is beyond me.they r a disgrace
    Patsy freyne should throw kev mull off senior league panel

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie's Cousin View Post
    Clifford, I was at the match and the only thing that swayed the ref was the blatant hand ball for the penalty. But to be fair ye have a really good side and ye will be there or there abouts. On a negative note your left back was a disgrace, his attitude to the ref at the end of the match was not a nice thing to see. Could of being heat of the moment so I would let that slide.
    Heat of the moment for sure, Ryan's a gent and a great club man. Got so upset cos it was such a shocking decision - he was distraught and would hold his hands up (pardon the pun eh!!) and admit it if it was a HB. Made it even more obv to me that the decision was wrong, not that it was needed.

Hopefully we'll have enough in the tank to go one step further this season than last 2 where we've got so close.

Cheers.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Heat of the moment for sure, Ryan's a gent and a great club man. Got so upset cos it was such a shocking decision - he was distraught and would hold his hands up (pardon the pun eh!!) and admit it if it was a HB. Made it even more obv to me that the decision was wrong, not that it was needed.

Hopefully we'll have enough in the tank to go one step further this season than last 2 where we've got so close.

Cheers.
    It's good in one way to see players act like that because you can see they are truly committed. From what I saw you lads will definitely challenge, some classy footballers with true grit. I was in the Castleview Dugout because I'm part of the backroom staff and it was serious edge of the seat/bench stuff.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    Patsy freyne should throw kev mull off senior league panel
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie's Cousin View Post
    It's good in one way to see players act like that because you can see they are truly committed. From what I saw you lads will definitely challenge, some classy footballers with true grit. I was in the Castleview Dugout because I'm part of the backroom staff and it was serious edge of the seat/bench stuff.
    As was last season above there and at our place. As I've said before I admire the youth policy of the last few seasons and hope it pay's off this season (not at our expense obv!).

If we have a tougher encounter than that this season I'll let ya know. Game of two halves to be honest.

13. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by footiefanatic View Post
    Wasn't at Tramore/Carrigaline game but heard about it. Finished 4-2 to carrigaline, carrig went 2-0 up. Pegged back to 2-2 and pushed on again with 2 goals in the second half. Tramore have a lot of nemo footballers playing for them apparently, Paul Kerrigan was starting up front. From what i hear very fit, but not much football, reckon ye shudnt have a problem against them next week Clifford.
    Glad they have got a team sorted and can now get on with their season, thanks for that. Will be interesting to see what UCC bring to the table as well next weekend, as it's their first outing as well.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Things must have been bad if Ryan reacted in that manner. An absolute top bloke.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    Things must have been bad if Ryan reacted in that manner. An absolute top bloke.
    Agree totally Ryan Conway is a gent and can't imagine him losing the rag...
    Munster Senior League Weekly Predictions Champion 2010/2011

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Deccy o Connell facing an 18 month suspension of fare is fare.Brian Healy got it for threatening an official...Deccy threatened 2?????

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Deccy o Connell facing an 18 month suspension of fare is fare.Brian Healy got it for threatening an official...Deccy threatened 2?????
    Well Chief! Is this a statement or a question???
    Munster Senior League Weekly Predictions Champion 2010/2011

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

if a fight broke out the ref would have battered him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    He's an absolute disgrace. A poisonous little fella. No place for him in the msl. What did he say to the referee? If he was threatening then it's at least a year

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    He's an absolute disgrace. A poisonous little fella. No place for him in the msl. What did he say to the referee? If he was threatening then it's at least a year
    Told ref and linesman he would wait for them in carpark

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Told ref and linesman he would wait for them in carpark
    I don't know the guy from Adam but I just don't believe that to be honest. I bet a rumour that grew arms and legs. He is a lovely player and just needs someone to talk with him. Surely it is a case of being a bit spoilt and silly rather than malicious and dangerous!

We were all young, cut the boys some slack as they are lovely players to watch. YES, they have been seriously stupid over last 2-3 seasons but jaysus there is a hate mob growing here quickly.

My advice to them is let their feet do the talking.