Page 192 of 590 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    played with alan,great player but unfortunately struggled with injurys later on in career.have know doubt he'll make a great manager aswell.will have no prob attracting plyers,after all their not a club in decline but the league champs.gaz leaving wouldn,t make any sense,no link to midleton and played in majority of big games last year.ray leahy to be alans no 2 with derek clarke still taking training.dave ahern will lend a hand also but will be playing one more year.rockmount in safe hands

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfield utd View Post
    if kinger and darren or gone and willie and gaz or ment to be signing for midleton and i take it ray and dave ahearn or retired,that 6 gone from this season squad,now i know rockmount had a big squad but 6 players is alot to lose,i know there was talks of 2 marys players signing but someone posted those marys players or going nowhere.i'm not a rockmount basher like some on here in fact i think they've been brilliant for cork soccer under billy cronin,but will alan martin find it hard to sign players cos his new to management.who's gonna be alan martin number i did hear anything yet
    pretty sure clarkey will be his no.2. gareth will sign with rockmount and i dont think the two lads will retire. heard that martin said its same again minus kinger n darren with the addition of gareth.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maninthemiddle View Post
    Alan Martin was a great player who stopped well before his time. a one club player and a great lad with plenty of medals to boot.

he has been around billy for over a decade so will have seen and done it all.
    Everton trying to sign Gavin o Leary and Grainger from marys...Leeds trying for Colin keane from leeside

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maninthemiddle View Post
    Alan Martin was a great player who stopped well before his time. a one club player and a great lad with plenty of medals to boot.

he has been around billy for over a decade so will have seen and done it all.
    ya he was a great player won everything,but he was a two club man he spend a short spell at college cor the season before he retired then returned to rockmount as part of the management team.roy keane was around the greatest manager in english soccer and it didn't help his manager career did it,lol

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    I don't know Alan Marvin as a player or person or manager as I am 2 young.was he gd player?.,will he attract players to replace the players that are heading abroad from other top teams like Billy has?..chatting wit people in the know today and they hav their doubts...any new signings in mayfield on the way?.
    billy cronin was like a snake charmer ,he use to get players under his spell and get them to sign,the man was brilliant at it,i don't know how he got so many players to sign for him over the years.i meet alan martin a few times very nice guy but i don't know if he has the same snake charm billy cronin has,in saying that not many managers in the league have it either.i wish the guy all the best but his got big big boots to fill.as regarding signing for us the manager is talking to a few players but i can't say who just yet,and as far as i know all of this seasons squad or coming back next season
    Last edited by mayfield utd; 18/06/2011 at 11:53 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Alan carey linked with avondale. Also brendan o connell could be making a return.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billynomates View Post
    Alan carey linked with avondale. Also brendan o connell could be making a return.
    Fair play to cotter for turning around Avondale.now there is a man and manager that players respect and will want to play for.no intimidation tactics from him or his staff during matches.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    B no surprise to see Avondale add even more quality...anymore transfer gossip?..castleview have alot of good young players going senior next year

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    B no surprise to see Avondale add even more quality...anymore transfer gossip?..castleview have alot of good young players going senior next year
    Fierce rumour that the hall getting sponsored by c&c next year to give them sum bottle

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Fierce rumour that the hall getting sponsored by c&c next year to give them sum bottle
    Best of luck to the castleview lads playing in the blarney 7s

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Best of luck to the castleview lads playing in the blarney 7s
    Malcolm stokes taking over passage

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    if kinger and darren or gone and willie and gaz or ment to be signing for midleton and i take it ray and dave ahearn or retired,that 6 gone from this season squad,now i know rockmount had a big squad but 6 players is alot to lose,i know there was talks of 2 marys players signing but someone posted those marys players or going nowhere.i'm not a rockmount basher like some on here in fact i think they've been brilliant for cork soccer under billy cronin,but will alan martin find it hard to sign players cos his new to management.who's gonna be alan martin number i did hear anything yet
    Derek Clarke. Outstanding coach.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    I don't know Alan Marvin as a player or person or manager as I am 2 young.was he gd player?.,will he attract players to replace the players that are heading abroad from other top teams like Billy has?..chatting wit people in the know today and they hav their doubts...any new signings in mayfield on the way?.
    Well here is another in the know. Alan Martin is a top class bloke. Steeped in Rockmount. Captain of our 99 team.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    ya he was a great player won everything,but he was a two club man he spend a short spell at college cor the season before he retired then returned to rockmount as part of the management team.roy keane was around the greatest manager in english soccer and it didn't help his manager career did it,lol
    Wash out your mouth. Ha ha. Alan never played with College Cors. He went Lge Of Ireland with Ramblers for a few months.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Roy Long from Everton as well is on the radar.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    Roy Long from Everton as well is on the radar.
    wouldn't of taught he was avondale standard?? is it a case that avondale are asking everybody in the hope that 2/3 might say yes!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Well here is another in the know. Alan Martin is a top class bloke. Steeped in Rockmount. Captain of our 99 team.
    As I said I don't know Alan Marvin personally.I'll take yer word on his past glories but as a follower of the senior league the last few years to b fair every Tom dick and Harry join rockmount for medals.sum don't even play and are in my eyes glory hunting

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Wash out your mouth. Ha ha. Alan never played with College Cors. He went Lge Of Ireland with Ramblers for a few months.

He played with Corinthians for 6 months while Pat maher and Len Downey were in Charge!! Nice guy really committed but would not fancy him as my manager!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    seems your don't know your own manager,told you he played a short spell with college cor lol

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Malcolm stokes and Andy moylod taking over at passage united...