Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfield utd View Post
    who has everyone still to play,we have 3 games left all away marys,midleton and everton,we might need another 3 points to be safe depending on how ucc get on in there last game against douglas hall.i think douglas hall still have ucc,rockmount and avondale,it's gonna be a good run in to the end of the season
    Mount home to Avondale and Marys. Away to Everton and Hall.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    We went three nil up by half time, Ballinhassig got back to 3-2 in the second half with about 5 left. We nearly folded, but a spotter in the last min got us to the 35 points.

Nervy half hour after the game as we heard the Ringmahon result and were told Leeds were 1 up with 4 mins left. We more or less wrote it off, as we left the ground some calls came in reporting that College had got one in stoppage time.

Play off is set for Blarney on Fri 6th May.
    Delighted when i heard the results cliffy. Fair play to ye for getting the job done. I predicted ye to win the league a few months ago but ye just fell short and i harped on about how good it would be to have ye back in the big time. Best of luck in the playoff.
    Last edited by Reznik; 24/04/2011 at 2:45 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    Mount home to Avondale and Marys. Away to Everton and Hall.
    Nasty fixtures but the league is still in your hands to win.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfield utd View Post
    who has everyone still to play,we have 3 games left all away marys,midleton and everton,we might need another 3 points to be safe depending on how ucc get on in there last game against douglas hall.i think douglas hall still have ucc,rockmount and avondale,it's gonna be a good run in to the end of the season
    Avondale home to douglas hall midleton and blarney, away to rockmount. gonna be an interesting run in,, may the best team win..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Clifford hope ye go and do the buisness now.. best of luck

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    douglas hall,rockmount and avondale have very hard games coming up in the league,i can't see any of them winning all there games
    Last edited by mayfield utd; 24/04/2011 at 11:33 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    To use an awful expression - all to play for still. We have UCC and Rockmount at home; Avondale away. Nothing easy there. Any three wins will see us home.
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ringmahon threw it away this year, by far best team after Corriantians in the division. I think Leeds are poor and while Fermoy are honest, i think they may lack the quality for Senior League. Any thoughts?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ballinhassig were very lucky to avoid the drop, saw them a few times, didnt look up to much?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedge View Post
    Ballinhassig were very lucky to avoid the drop, saw them a few times, didnt look up to much?
    Realistically how good did ballinhassig have to be when you see cobh and mallow! I went to the relagation match between mallow and ballincollig last week and to be honest it felt like watching a blue square premier match when there is a premiership match on the other channel. 1-1 so mallow went down. To be fair mallow had a bit of a go in the last 15mins but it didnt seem like they even gave a damn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedge View Post
    Ringmahon threw it away this year, by far best team after Corriantians in the division. I think Leeds are poor and while Fermoy are honest, i think they may lack the quality for Senior League. Any thoughts?
    ya we lost all our games to the top teams.we were top for most of season. coriantians went on a fierce run so cant complain.leeds arent a great team at all.will struggle big time.
    67 years in cork soccer 1951-2018
    🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Cheers for the well wishes above lads, we'll give it a right good shot again next Fri week and see where it takes us.

Thanks Nedge for even mentioning us. The echo twice last week at no point even acknowledged our existance. The table on Fri night was the top three only. Amazing that a bastion of reporting can be so blinkered.

Each team will think they had their chances, for us the turning point came when we were 2-0 up v College and the game got abandoned. We lost the rematch and had two suspended the following week for Leeds away. That catered for a six point swing with College and weakened us the following week which we lost.

That's football and we appear to be have given one more shot at it. So hopefully an honest bunch of bumpkins will be able to see the job through next week.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    the play off between Fermoy and leeds will be a great game. anything can happen on the night. lets hope its a good game of football with plenty of action for us to talk about after. best of luck to both teams involved!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redandwhite View Post
    i see leeds winning this comfortably, fermoy not up to much in my opinion and when the pressure was on them they bottled it...there was no pressure on them last game and they just squeesed in...not a negative on fermoy as for a small club they are over achieving by being anywhere near the premier tier in the msl....teams would be hoping they go up as i can imagine as an easy 6 points and a trip down to a great pitch is always welcome....leeds 3-0 is my prediction
    I was at the last Leeds and Fermoy game. While Leeds won that game I thought that Fermoy were very unlucky. Only for the young fella in goal for Leeds it would have been a different result. I hope they have there scoring boots on next week. It would be great to see Slatts leading a team out at Rockmount Park. A great servant during his time with us.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Avondale Utd 1—1 Blarney Utd
    Blarney salvaged a point with a penalty in stoppage time
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Avondale Utd 1—1 Blarney Utd
    Blarney salvaged a point with a penalty in stoppage time
    Dale started v.fast out of the blocks and had a couple of decent efforts from distance from Cotter and lockheed. Blarney then had a good spell for 20mins before dale scored from an overhead kick on 35mins by colin o brien. Second half saw the game die a little both teams hampered by a rock solid and bumpy pitch which saw some of the best players in the league not able to cope with conditions. Dale huffed and puffed without creating much and blarney tried to counter but failed to test dale keeper. Blarney hit the butt of the post with 10 to go with a speculative effort from the edge of the box. Then the incident which will please hall and mount fans. Stone wall penalty awarded in what i think was the 91min. Blarney striker ''Blue'' sent dave the save the wrong way to snatch a point. Gap at top is reduced to just 3points but dale will feel they blow it at the end. Once again best of luck to any team that expect to play ball in that pitch for the rest of the season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    3 x games to go. Its going to be a good one. Rockmount, Dale and Hall all have to play each other. Nobody has easy games at this stage. Avondales pitch is worst in MSL outside of Tramore if you ask me. It could cost them. Not at the game last night but i bet it was rock hard and bumpy. Hall to hold out i think.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    3 x games to go. Its going to be a good one. Rockmount, Dale and Hall all have to play each other. Nobody has easy games at this stage. Avondales pitch is worst in MSL outside of Tramore if you ask me. It could cost them. Not at the game last night but i bet it was rock hard and bumpy. Hall to hold out i think.
    halls pitch is up there as well, very poor!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Dales, Rockmounts and Halls are probably the worst pitches in the league.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    Dales, Rockmounts and Halls are probably the worst pitches in the league.
    Give it a break guys. No pitch can deal with the weather we are getting at the moment. Im sure groundsmen are doing their best.To put Whitechurch and Moneygorney in the same bracket as Avondales pitch is way off the mark.