Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ringmahon4Ever
    I agree with Shilts comments about the incident. However some of your comments re Corinthians are a slight bit harsh I have to say.
    If i remember correctly it was a corinthians player who advised ringmahon to call the Ambulance.
    It was a corinthians player who advised one of your management team on what to do in regards to Bobbsies (No 6) condition. Most of your guys tried to move him into an upright position when his body was clearly in shock.
    ALso he didn't swallow his tongue as you mentioned earlier.
    And as far as I remeber he came around and was concious as he left in the ambulance.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was at the game myself, Corinthians didnt do anything wrong in my mind. Dont get me wrong that players injury was priority and it was good to see him coming around as he left in ambulance, but that is part and parcel of football. Game was stopped player received appropriate attention and then the game goes on regardless of who is winning at the time of stoppage. Read earlier posts from Clifford and think circumstances were very different in fermoy game as two players were down and game was stopped for almost 40 minutes. Corinthians are getting a lot of stick but think its Ringmahon have a lot to answer for for walking off while losing 4 2.

Hope the player from Ringmahon is ok but think the fair thing to do would be to award Corinthians the points although I am not sure they would want to win the league in this manner??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Gents, An AUL guy following all 3 senior divisions and the tight finishes with interest. Have various friends in various camps.

On the unfortunate incident last weekend, I think we may all need to take a step back. Sometimes at our level, 2 or 3 steps below this game on the ladder, we treat it as the most important thing in the world. We all forget that the lucky people of the 32 or whatever involved in a game have work on Monday and mortgages to pay. If a guy gets badly injured like that, rule should be game over. From eyewitness reports, it was really scary for a few minutes. Glad to hear he is out of hospital.

Can you blame the ref? Maybe not depending on what the rule says. The worst thing would be if MSL/AUL dont learn from this.

I would hope in a similar situation as Corinthians were that I could walk off with the other team and play again......but easy for me to say.

Should Corinthians offer a replay? Would they be able to really enjoy the pints after the league title?

4. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    Gents, An AUL guy following all 3 senior divisions and the tight finishes with interest. Have various friends in various camps.

On the unfortunate incident last weekend, I think we may all need to take a step back. Sometimes at our level, 2 or 3 steps below this game on the ladder, we treat it as the most important thing in the world. We all forget that the lucky people of the 32 or whatever involved in a game have work on Monday and mortgages to pay. If a guy gets badly injured like that, rule should be game over. From eyewitness reports, it was really scary for a few minutes. Glad to hear he is out of hospital.

Can you blame the ref? Maybe not depending on what the rule says. The worst thing would be if MSL/AUL dont learn from this.

I would hope in a similar situation as Corinthians were that I could walk off with the other team and play again......but easy for me to say.

Should Corinthians offer a replay? Would they be able to really enjoy the pints after the league title?
    I can't disagree with you more Horse24.
    You are just asking for teams to abuse the rule if ALL games were to be abandoned following a serious injury.
    There would be guys faking injuries all over the place if their team was in a losing position - in order to get the game abandoned and replayed.
    The game must finish on the day in my opinion.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wouldn’t be too harsh on Ringmahon for walking off the pitch after seeing one of their friends get badly injured but at the end of the day if the ref said play on then there isn’t much you can do about it. A bad way to end a great league.

I see Ringmahon are down to play Corinthians in the junior league tonight. I hope for all involved the two clubs can put this behind them and just play some good football.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilts View Post
    I can't disagree with you more Horse24.
    You are just asking for teams to abuse the rule if ALL games were to be abandoned following a serious injury.
    There would be guys faking injuries all over the place if their team was in a losing position - in order to get the game abandoned and replayed.
    The game must finish on the day in my opinion.
    Im no doctor but i think it would be easy to distinguish between a player faking an injury and a player having a seizure. I doubt a player would be good enough actor to stay unconcious or pretend to have a broken leg etc. until an ambulence arrives just so he can get a game abandoned. Shilts you know and i know when an injury is considered serious or not. Surely in serious circumstances like the one witnessed in ringmahon is enough for football to take second place.
    Last edited by Billynomates; 12/04/2011 at 2:44 PM.

8. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BalagueFC View Post
    I wouldn’t be too harsh on Ringmahon for walking off the pitch after seeing one of their friends get badly injured but at the end of the day if the ref said play on then there isn’t much you can do about it. A bad way to end a great league.

I see Ringmahon are down to play Corinthians in the junior league tonight. I hope for all involved the two clubs can put this behind them and just play some good football.
    dont think there is any fear of that happening, i know alot of the ringmahon junior team and are all decent skins, couldn't see any of them behaving poorly!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billynomates View Post
    Im no doctor but i think it would be easy to distinguish between a player faking an injury and a player having a seizure. I doubt a player would be good enough actor to stay unconcious or pretend to have a broken leg etc. until an ambulence arrives just so he can get a game abandoned. Shilts you know and i know when an injury is considered serious or not. Surely in serious circumstances like the one witnessed in ringmahon is enough for football to take second place.
    your one of very few on this site to talk some sense.thats the point i was trying to say all along but some people think its just boring n stuff.no names.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    our junior team beat coriantians tonight.for people to even imply that there might be trouble at it is stupid.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billynomates View Post
    If a guy can feign an injury until an ambulance arrives, he deserves an oscar not a replay!! If an ambulance has to be called - game over & replay.

Proves my point about getting a smack of reality. Is the game that important that that you would take an ambulance away from work elsewhere cos your team is losing? Dont get me wrong - our result dictates my mood for the week! Between Liverpool and Blackstone, I went 11 games without a win in the earlier stages of this season! That was hard but it didnt change the fact I had work in the morning. Point 1 - its an amateur game. Point 2 - dont cheat.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on this point so!!!
    Too many "what ifs" if we go down your road.

What if one team is 5 nil up with a few minutes left? - game abandoned??? - you're having a laugh!!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Wide ranging selection of opinions on that incident, shame lot's of people are putting the blame on the ref etc. and there seems to be a bit of support for Cors decision which I find surprising. As I mentioned before in Fermoy the ref was going to prob play on until we told him it was in no-ones interests to play on. Despite being 2-0 up we felt it was the right thing to do, but maybe I need a rethink on that one and will try to take advantage of the circumstance next time round. Lay the blame elsewhere maybe as seems to be acceptable to others.

My disappointment as I mentioned before is that in an identical circumstance in Fermoy the college lads to a man threw around comments like "We'd do the same", "we all have to work on Monday", "it's only a game and we all are in the same boat" etc etc and then when the situation arose they quite clearly did the opposite. Horse24 is spot on, serious injury that requires an ambulance should mean game over. Saturdays incident deserved to be treated with respect and it was shoddy of College to start passing balls around keeping warm when it was obvious this was serious (in my opinion).

PS - FAO Bodie There was not a 40 min delay that day in Fermoy as mentioned. Usually the ambulance would be ages getting there as we are so far out of the City and it's hard to get them down, but as luck would have it it was on it's way back from another call in Mitchelstown so it came off the motorway and was there in about 15. We could well have played on, but chose not to. Ref or no ref it was the right thing to do in our opinion, the guys leg was in bits to be fair.
    Again someone above skewed the facts from that day saying two ambulances were called. Not true. Our player getting injured that day did not have an influence on it as he was off on a stretcher within 5 mins and was heading off to southdoc when the ambulance did arrive. They took a look at our lad and said carry on that way, but hey ho don't let that stop people from justifying what they did on Sat.

As for Shilt's "faking it" argument, we're talking real injuries here bud, impossible to make up kind of stuff. You'll know it when you see it if your ever that unfortunate.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

15. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilts View Post
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on this point so!!!
    Too many "what ifs" if we go down your road.

What if one team is 5 nil up with a few minutes left? - game abandoned??? - you're having a laugh!!!!
    True about the what ifs - thats why I said ambulance means game over. That should be clear enough.

Again people worried about the score when a guy needs an ambulance - does the score matter to the guy on the ground or his family?

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by impartial View Post
    Ringmahon4Ever
    I agree with Shilts comments about the incident. However some of your comments re Corinthians are a slight bit harsh I have to say.
    If i remember correctly it was a corinthians player who advised ringmahon to call the Ambulance.
    It was a corinthians player who advised one of your management team on what to do in regards to Bobbsies (No 6) condition. Most of your guys tried to move him into an upright position when his body was clearly in shock.
    ALso he didn't swallow his tongue as you mentioned earlier.
    And as far as I remeber he came around and was concious as he left in the ambulance.
    it was the ringmahon sub who his qualified in first aid that shouted over to line to call anbulance and it was he who pulled out his tongue.coriantians players stayed around for five mins and then strolled over to opposite side of pitch.what would you expect our players to do.they tried to comfort him in best way possible but were advised to clear the area because a local man came onto the pitch and helped out very well.and yes he did come around as he was stretchered off for ambulance.i never said he didnt.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Unfortunate incident and hope the player recovers quickly but can we just move on. All of the ''he said this'' and ''you done that'' is exhausting. Its becoming a bit of a soap opera. Big couple of weeks ahead in all leagues and cups and thats what we should concentrate on.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik View Post
    Unfortunate incident and hope the player recovers quickly but can we just move on. All of the ''he said this'' and ''you done that'' is exhausting. Its becoming a bit of a soap opera. Big couple of weeks ahead in all leagues and cups and thats what we should concentrate on.
    You are dead right. Very unfortunate incident that happened in Ringmahon Park at the weekend but it was dealt with one way or the other and that is that. With the players health the most important thing and I hear he is doing well, I think it is time to move on and get back to football. At the end of the day the 2 best teams over 18 games will be promoted and fair play to them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    How about we leave this incident alone for a while...seems to be taking over this forum! As unfortunate as it was, it has passed now and there is still football to be played yet! Think there is some very interesting games in the battle for relegation in the premier...if ucc dont get something from there game away to st.marys, i think that could be curtains on their season!! As is the same in the 1st divison, if Mallow cant register a win away to ballinhassig, they too will most likely be following cobh down to the 2nd division!
    Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

22. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Agreed. What happened has happend (UNFORTUNATELY). All arguments have some element of substance in them. It is a case of different opinions if you ask me. Lets talk about football and fixtures etc rather than 'cowardly' this and that. Corinthians and Ringmahon are both fine clubs so any knocking is unjust. p.s. I hope I win my own league - THE PREDICTION LEAGUE!!! LOL.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Firstly I hope that young lad is up and about, I heard he got abit of a fright and no one wants to see that ever. Speaking of respect and sportsmanship which your constantly bringing up, didnt yere centreback punch a Mallow lad out on the flat of his back a few weeks ago and get away with it?? And didnt the same centreback pop up and score the winning goal in that game and then go over and celebrate in front of the mallow line?? Now you tell me whats sporting or respectful about that because I cant see that. And if can you honestly say if the shoe was on the other foot Would ringmahon have been so quick to walk off the pitch 4-2 up?? The comments you have put up have more drama in them then an episode of Greys Anatomy. End of the day once the young lad is ok thats the bottom line and for you to be calling another bunch of young lads cowards is way off the mark.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by footiefanatic View Post
    How about we leave this incident alone for a while...seems to be taking over this forum! As unfortunate as it was, it has passed now and there is still football to be played yet! Think there is some very interesting games in the battle for relegation in the premier...if ucc dont get something from there game away to st.marys, i think that could be curtains on their season!! As is the same in the 1st divison, if Mallow cant register a win away to ballinhassig, they too will most likely be following cobh down to the 2nd division!
    have a feeling mallow will sneak it.have most of that ballinhassig team imigrated to oz.was something on the paper few weeks back about it