Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by footiefanatic View Post
    Reckon it is up between Avondale and Douglas for the premier now..interesting weekend ahead, with Douglas having a much more difficult game on paper (away to Mary's) than Avondale (home vs Mayfield). Think Douglas will drop a few points against this resurgent Mary's side, once again blowing the league wide open. On the 1st division, think corinthians have put themselves in a good enough postition for promotion, along with ringmahon! fermoys loss vs Corinthians was nail in coffin for them i think.
    Marys did not look too resurgent last Sat against 10 man Avondale.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Couldn't have foreseen Avondale winning 4-1 last Saturday, at 1-1 with Dale down to 10 men, Marys were on top and looked the more likely to win it.
    In all fairness Razor, Marys scored totally against the run of play (good goal it was too) and stayed on top for 10 minutes after that without threatening "The Save". After that the better team eased home.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    aul have fixtures up until the 14th of april. senior league are lucky to have fixtures for this weekend. some joke.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    In all fairness Razor, Marys scored totally against the run of play (good goal it was too) and stayed on top for 10 minutes after that without threatening "The Save". After that the better team eased home.
    There was one save from a free kick but once Dale got the third there was no doubt, even the Rockmount spies left at that stage
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    There was one save from a free kick but once Dale got the third there was no doubt, even the Rockmount spies left at that stage
    I keep my distance from the "spies".

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    midleton 0 everton 1!! last min goal from a corner that shouldn't of been! game of 2 halfs really everton on top 1st half, midleton on top in the 2nd!! draw would of been fair result!! everton manager and assistant manager.?? well lets say they should be banned from being anywhere near children the abuse they were handing out to both sets of players, no place for it in the game!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman10 View Post
    midleton 0 everton 1!! last min goal from a corner that shouldn't of been! game of 2 halfs really everton on top 1st half, midleton on top in the 2nd!! draw would of been fair result!! everton manager and assistant manager.?? well lets say they should be banned from being anywhere near children the abuse they were handing out to both sets of players, no place for it in the game!!
    Midleton 0-1 Everton. Everton fully deserved the 3 points as they controlled the game from start to finish. Midleton should be banned for the very dangerous tackles they were putting in all night. Encouragement for this sort of football could clearly be heard from the Midleton dugout.No place for it in the game!! A corner was given when a Midleton defender kicked the ball out over his own end line. I think a corner kick follows when that happens.I could be wrong...I must check the FIFA rule book!!!!!!!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Midleton 0-1 Everton. Everton fully deserved the 3 points as they controlled the game from start to finish. Midleton should be banned for the very dangerous tackles they were putting in all night. Encouragement for this sort of football could clearly be heard from the Midleton dugout.No place for it in the game!! A corner was given when a Midleton defender kicked the ball out over his own end line. I think a corner kick follows when that happens.I could be wrong...I must check the FIFA rule book!!!!!!!!!!

hey shinguard just giving my opinion as a nuetral! but since your'e reading your'e fifa rule book! what's the page number for the offside rule?? yes everton got there goal from a corner kick and fair play to them, but in the passage of play leading up to the corner, if your'e not being biased there was 2 feet of daylight between evertons attacker and midletons last man!! have seen alot of games this year including both everton and midleton as i have an interest in local soccer, no way can midleton be accused of dirty tactics, but thats just my opinion! as for bert and ernie on the sidline (sesame street ) thats my opinion too!! looking forward to avondales game now tomorrow hope they keep up the pressure on douglas keep this interesting title battle going for a bit longer!! my money wont be on your'e team anyway shinguard!! :-)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman10 View Post
    Is that micheal moyninhan still assistant at everton?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billynomates View Post
    Is that micheal moyninhan still assistant at everton?
    Thats right Billy, Mogzy is Pat Browns assistant....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Delayed report from cit beating Fermoy on pens in Pop Keller cup.

Wet, windy, crap. Only positives from the night was getting home and finally having a ref who was decent. Got everything right on the night Inc a pen for them.

Season petering out on us. One left and need miracles for it to mean anything.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    avondale1 mayfield 1

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    St.Marys 3-1 Douglas Hall

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    St Marys 3 Douglas Hall 1.
    Where do I start. It had everything. Saints went 1 up thru Cambridge penalty. Deccie starts mouthing. Yellow card. 10 mins later Deccie gets second yellow for a tackle. Off. Kev Mul gets involved. Straight red, obviously for something he said. Biscuits confronts ref at half time. Words are exchanged. Teams come out for 2nd half .Biscuits is removed off line before game starts. Stands down behind bottom goal. Marys go 2 up thru JP. More yellows for both teams. Total indiscipline. Marys went 3 up with 20 to go. Strachan pulled 1 back for Hall. Hats off to Hall. Down to 9 and they kept plugging away. No ideas coming from behind the goal or the dugout. They can blame ref all they like but it was their discipline that left them down. There was one huge mistake by ref in first half when he failed to give a corner to Hall. Blatant. But at the end of the day I think ALL cards were justified. Did someone say a few weeks ago that Hall were capable of choking ?? The signs are there.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Corinthians 7 Casement 0 Great win for us today, Casement started very well but we got a pen after about 20 minutes and never looked back. 2 more games to go hopefully well do the business but a long way to go yet.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    avondale1 mayfield 1
    draw was probably a fair result,1st half was all mayfield and greg kelly scored a good goal to put mayfield 1 up,10 minutes later dave the save pulled off a finger tip save onto to the bar the ball broke in the box and our lads had 3 or 4 shots blocked or saved,don't know how the lads didn't score, the only shots dale had in 1st half was 2 good free kicks at the edge of the box,alberto pulled off a great save from 1 and the other hit a post,dale also had a penalty shout but it would have been very soft,2nd half dale came more into it and took control in the last 20 minutes,they had 1 cleared off the line and mark sull put 1 over the bar from all of 2 yards,dale's pressure finally paid over when a long ball found mark sull in space in the box and he took his chance well with a low shot to the bottom corner.our lads showed some good heart and that there up for the fight to stay in the premier league,unbeating in 3 league games now

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If you could name one "dangerous" tackle it would be apprieciated it as I clearly missed them all. Realistically it was a clean game, few yellowcards. Scrappy performances by both sides. Not only was everton player offside but ref stated 2min added time yet goal from the corner came four and a half minutes into injury time. As for Villaman10's match report I would say it was pritty accurate. And yes, Eveton management where ana absaloute disgrace, players where even embarressed by them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    marys 3 Douglas 1
    My sources tell me that Phil Harringtons teamtalk was centered around taking Garrath Cambridge out of it from the start it was over heard by the ref and he didnt like what he heard now I wasnt at the match so I can't comment on Ref's performance.Perhaps ball-hop could elaborate on this.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinguard View Post
    Jesus Shinguard what match were you at Everton dominated first half Midleton dominated second half in general it was a very clean game,the only downside of the game was Everton's two thugs who roared constent abuse randomly through out the match if they werent roaring at a Midleton player they were roaring at their own in the end I think their own players were embarrassed by the specticle at one stage the Midleton coach was encouraging one of his players and the Everton coach got stuck on him it was unbelivable their was young kids situated around the dugouts what kind of example is this setting.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southsider View Post
    Thats right Billy, Mogzy is Pat Browns assistant....
    Ill say no more