Page 160 of 590 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Anything to do with Sigerson week in Dublin Clifford. Just a thought.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Clifford totally agree, I have been harping on about this now awhile. Why on earth cant we get even 2 weeks in advance? It is crazy. I also believe that clubs would get far larger crowds at games if it happened. The reason I believe this is lets say Blarney are playing Mayfield Friday and Everton know they have Blarney next week then woundn't you think alot of Everton players/managment and followers would go and look at Blarney game to see what shape they are in. It also gives players a chance to get away if they have a week off. It is common sense and I think everything boils down to that. Anyway after my rant.........good luck Sunday.

i tink we can keep dreaming if we expect the MSL to issue 2 week fixture lists
    it sure would be nice though as per example above
    scouting teams that you have coming up is benefical to everyone and there would be better attendance at games across the board
    aaaaahh dreamland,,thinks are so nice there

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BalagueFC View Post

Clifford, that is a disgrace by the MSL But does it actually surprise anyone? You said a player of yours was sent off last weekend. Would he have been eligible for the Leeds game if the CIT game had gone ahead as planned?
    We are taking it as a walkover and hence the game stands as played so the lads suspension is over and they will be playing Sunday. We didn't do anything wrong here so we don't deserve to be punished. We were given a fixture and were all systems go to fulfill it. That in our book is what counts.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
    i tink we can keep dreaming if we expect the MSL to issue 2 week fixture lists
    it sure would be nice though as per example above
    scouting teams that you have coming up is benefical to everyone and there would be better attendance at games across the board
    aaaaahh dreamland,,thinks are so nice there
    I heard a while back that the FAI were planning to take over fixture arrangements for the MSL and LSL. Therefore a full list of fixtures for the whole season would be made in august. This was intended to ensure player availability for international amateur games/tournaments. Any game cancelled due to weather would be re-fixed and played within 72hrs on any available FIFA qualified all weather pitch. It would also stop fixture clogging at the latter stages of the season. Example. Corinthians in the 1st div have bearly kicked a ball and Cobh in the same league are relagated and are nearly finished.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    . Any game cancelled due to weather would be re-fixed and played within 72hrs on any available FIFA qualified all weather pitch.

impossible, only fifa qualified pitches i know of are carrigaline ucc and mayfied, the weather we get all wknd games could be called of, what happens to home advantage!!! no go as far as i can see!!

clifford, would make sure that you're players suspensions are over, if ye win match with suspended players, ye will lose points and fined, happened to douglas in junior section last month, check the thread!! could be the difference between going up or not!! better safe than sorry!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik View Post
    I heard a while back that the FAI were planning to take over fixture arrangements for the MSL and LSL. Therefore a full list of fixtures for the whole season would be made in august. This was intended to ensure player availability for international amateur games/tournaments. Any game cancelled due to weather would be re-fixed and played within 72hrs on any available FIFA qualified all weather pitch. It would also stop fixture clogging at the latter stages of the season. Example. Corinthians in the 1st div have bearly kicked a ball and Cobh in the same league are relagated and are nearly finished.
    seems crazy alright about cobh and corinthians
    how far back did you here this reznik?
    reliable source??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman10 View Post
    . Any game cancelled due to weather would be re-fixed and played within 72hrs on any available FIFA qualified all weather pitch.

impossible, only fifa qualified pitches i know of are carrigaline ucc and mayfied, the weather we get all wknd games could be called of, what happens to home advantage!!! no go as far as i can see!!

clifford, would make sure that you're players suspensions are over, if ye win match with suspended players, ye will lose points and fined, happened to douglas in junior section last month, check the thread!! could be the difference between going up or not!! better safe than sorry!!!
    Blarney and Douglas aswell???

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedge View Post
    I think CIT have pulled a fast one on ye here, Their college team is going strong in college cup and i know for a fact that they were down to play an AUL team tonight(wednesday) for a friendly. Surely they would not have organised a friendly if they had a league game the next night.

ya i heard CIT are being pulled out of the league and cup matches due to playing an unregistered player signed in january due to some paper work not being submitted!!! very amatuer on there part!!! Surely with a college team you should have 11 registered players to fill everygame!!! bad form there behalf!!! Bad luck for CLIFFORD

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Add in Douglas Hall and Blarney Utd.

Cliff - bit dodgy, suspended player question could bite back. It was a bit bad cancelling the match at such late notice, but try to cross-check your plan with someone.
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree, i would get so called "MSL Approval" before playing any suspended players because of this situation.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Yeah lads, we never had any intention of disobeying the orders sent down from on high, I was still in a rage earlier. Stinks to high heaven, but thems the breaks eh.

As ever we'll roll up into the big smoke on Sun morning as a team and do our best with what we have available. Win, lose or draw we'll shake on it at the end and roll on to fight another day.

May all have a good weekend of footie.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    blarnery 1 mayfield 0 another bad day at the office,blarnery were much the better team for most of the game they scored midway into the 1st half and hit the post once or twice,we hit the post late on but never looked like scoring besides that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfield utd View Post
    blarnery 1 mayfield 0 another bad day at the office,blarnery were much the better team for most of the game they scored midway into the 1st half and hit the post once or twice,we hit the post late on but never looked like scoring besides that.
    Bit of a dog fight developing now at bottom of lge.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    Bit of a dog fight developing now at bottom of lge.
    Think Blarney are almost out of it now with the win over Mayfield. For me its between UCC and Mayfield to go down with Tramore, St.Marys are starting to pick up points so i think they will be alrite.

Massive week for UCC with them playing Everton and Rockmount

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    blarney were by far the better team last nite..played some outstanding football in the first half and could have been 3 up at the break..took their foot off the pedal in the second half but always looked dangerous wen in posession of the ball.there are alot of games left yet and is too hard to call who wil go with tramore.think its stil between 4 other teams

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    http://munsterseniorleague.ie/news_d...hp?news_id=127

I know this has been in for a while but it is ridiculous to be fining players for getting booked. Its an Ameteur game and players are already having to pay money week in week out for training, gear,refs, physio etc. I know most clubs are paying these fines for the players but the majority of clubs are struggling financialy aswell, just seems like a way for the MSL to get money for themselves.

Where does all the money from these fines go?,must be at the very least €100 a week.

I have no problem with a player being fined if he commits a serious offence but fineing a player for a yellow card is a joke, any player who tackles is going to mistime one now and again.

Was at the Blarney game last night and a player was harsly booked for kicking the ball away, should that really cost him or the club €5?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobias View Post
    http://munsterseniorleague.ie/news_d...hp?news_id=127

I know this has been in for a while but it is ridiculous to be fining players for getting booked. Its an Ameteur game and players are already having to pay money week in week out for training, gear,refs, physio etc. I know most clubs are paying these fines for the players but the majority of clubs are struggling financialy aswell, just seems like a way for the MSL to get money for themselves.

Where does all the money from these fines go?,must be at the very least €100 a week.

I have no problem with a player being fined if he commits a serious offence but fineing a player for a yellow card is a joke, any player who tackles is going to mistime one now and again.

Was at the Blarney game last night and a player was harsly booked for kicking the ball away, should that really cost him or the club €5?

i think the refs are encouraged to book as many as possible to fill up the msl's coffers
    i'v seen games where 8-9 people have been booked and not a bad challenge in sight

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    corinthians beat ballincollig today, missed the game but what I heard ballincollig had someone sent off after 5 minutes and it was fairly harsh. Ballincollig missing a few again seems to be the story off their season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    went down to mallow today and came back with a 1-0 win.tough game..that mallow bunch and there supporters are an interesting bunch ha..need i say more

magpie
    i agree lads the standard of refs in the league is terrible, the inconsistency of all is unbelievable.The minute a bit of pressure is applied from the players,management or the support on the line they seem to lose control of the game.
    The munster senior league are a well financed association between reg fees and sponsorship, the fact they fine all players €5 per yellow is a disgrace.

Were is all this money??