Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggs View Post
    Well I hope your not waiting on your Youth team their one of the worst in cork it could be 2020 before your youth system produces something but never fear your poaching policy is one of the best in Cork.
    By all accounts there are some fine players with 15s and 16s. Its a long shot but there is good work being done at that level. As for the poaching policy, once the final whistle goes in one season it is open season to sign players for the following season. Every angle is covered and it is all above board. As I have said in previous posts they are all big boys and no one forces their hands. Small minded out of you Goggs to thrash a group of young fellas who go out for their game of ball every weekend. The green eyed monster rares his ugly head again.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is their any club in Cork that is consistent in winning schoolboys league, youth leagues and passing these players to the senior squad? I don’t think it happens anymore because of the lack of loyalty players have. Those days are in the past.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    By all accounts there are some fine players with 15s and 16s. Its a long shot but there is good work being done at that level. As for the poaching policy, once the final whistle goes in one season it is open season to sign players for the following season. Every angle is covered and it is all above board. As I have said in previous posts they are all big boys and no one forces their hands. Small minded out of you Goggs to thrash a group of young fellas who go out for their game of ball every weekend. The green eyed monster rares his ugly head again.
    You mentioned the Rockmount team of 1999 Glenbuck all home grown players fast forward 11 years later no home grown players something has radically changed ye were once a club now ye are just a team if your calling me small minded because of this so be it.I guess at heart i'm a romantic glenbuck and that 99 team was a pure CLUB side and yes ye have gone on from there to achieve great things but at a cost.The cost was your club,how many of the current side will go on to help your committee how many of your current side will go on to coach your schoolboys how many of your current side will collect outside mass on a Sunday I'll tell you Glenbuck none.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    To be fair I think Goggs has a point. Now I'm the first one to bad mouth Rockmount but I wont argue with their success. For teams like Rockmount, Avondale, Casement, Corinthians, Castleview, Midleton, Tramore and a few more, its all a merry-go-round, The success they have is down to a time when they bring players in from outside, (rockmount 1999 being an exception to the rule glenbuck) inevitably their under age suffers with the exception to corinthians that is, who have the money and manpower to support it. The munster senior league is like a clock, you have so many years at the top, now (avondale and rockmount), then you fall and have to rise again (tramore, castleview, corinthians, midleton and casement), for those clubs like douglas hall and everton, who have a great underage system and bring their players through, they dont quite have the immediate success. they always have their large club status though. just look at everton with their gym and every young fella playing with the club has an everton tracksuit and hat etc, likewise douglas with their all weather pitch and a team of 'homebased' players who are very close to success right now. now i'm avondale and i hope they dont win the league at our expense but i can see a lot of people saying it'll be good for the league, and of course a model for other clubs to build an underage system.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    You mentioned the Rockmount team of 1999 Glenbuck all home grown players fast forward 11 years later no home grown players something has radically changed ye were once a club now ye are just a team if your calling me small minded because of this so be it.I guess at heart i'm a romantic glenbuck and that 99 team was a pure CLUB side and yes ye have gone on from there to achieve great things but at a cost.The cost was your club,how many of the current side will go on to help your committee how many of your current side will go on to coach your schoolboys how many of your current side will collect outside mass on a Sunday I'll tell you Glenbuck none.
    Some good points Goggs in fairness. The club from what I can see has never been in better condition. Ran by strong people who look after the church collections as well. Its just the way the lge is. A merry go round. You seem to have a hidden agenda Goggs. Were you involved one time or maybe wanted to be involved.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j-burt View Post
    To be fair I think Goggs has a point. Now I'm the first one to bad mouth Rockmount but I wont argue with their success. For teams like Rockmount, Avondale, Casement, Corinthians, Castleview, Midleton, Tramore and a few more, its all a merry-go-round, The success they have is down to a time when they bring players in from outside, (rockmount 1999 being an exception to the rule glenbuck) inevitably their under age suffers with the exception to corinthians that is, who have the money and manpower to support it. The munster senior league is like a clock, you have so many years at the top, now (avondale and rockmount), then you fall and have to rise again (tramore, castleview, corinthians, midleton and casement), for those clubs like douglas hall and everton, who have a great underage system and bring their players through, they dont quite have the immediate success. they always have their large club status though. just look at everton with their gym and every young fella playing with the club has an everton tracksuit and hat etc, likewise douglas with their all weather pitch and a team of 'homebased' players who are very close to success right now. now i'm avondale and i hope they dont win the league at our expense but i can see a lot of people saying it'll be good for the league, and of course a model for other clubs to build an underage system.
    Great in put j burt. I think most schoolboy clubs have the kids turned out in tracksuits including Rockmount. Douglas doing well this season alright. Never knew there was so many ABRs out there. Why cant we all just get along.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    Some good points Goggs in fairness. The club from what I can see has never been in better condition. Ran by strong people who look after the church collections as well. Its just the way the lge is. A merry go round. You seem to have a hidden agenda Goggs. Were you involved one time or maybe wanted to be involved.
    Yea Glenbuck its always been my dream to play for Rockmount to play in the home of football in Whitechurch and scream my head off for 90 mins.Theirs no aghenda never had anything to do with ye and never will.

8. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Yea Glenbuck its always been my dream to play for Rockmount to play in the home of football in Whitechurch and scream my head off for 90 mins.Theirs no aghenda never had anything to do with ye and never will.
    Whether right or wrong I love to read Goggs quotes..............there is a Simon Cowell/Eamonn Dunphy character in there ha ha!!! Great stuff. Some good comments and well argued by Glenbuck, J-Burt etc...... Keep it going boys. p.s. Crumlin to beat Rockmount Sunday @ 2/1 is my tip for the weekend.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Crumlin to beat Rockmount Sunday @ 2/1 is my tip for the weekend.
    Where you getting the odds from sparks?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Paddy Power online.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Goggs I can't believe you delivered this sermon without mentioning your other nemesis,Blarney United,another club just like Rockmount who sold their soul to the devil

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpet View Post
    Goggs I can't believe you delivered this sermon without mentioning your other nemesis,Blarney United,another club just like Rockmount who sold their soul to the devil
    Well i'm grateful to be given the opportunity thank you Carpet, if I was to compare the two i'd have to draw comparisons to Austin Powers Dr Evil and Mini Me and naturally Blarney would be the latter mimicking everything his hero is doing but never quiet achieving anything and losing alot of respect on the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Crumlin to beat Rockmount Sunday @ 2/1 is my tip for the weekend.
    Thats great odds!!! people we're saying crumlin were depleted this year, I think not by the looks of things, although, after midleton beating bangor, can you judge this league properly, very strange.

http://www.lsl.ie/LeagueTables.aspx

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j-burt View Post
    Thats great odds!!! people we're saying crumlin were depleted this year, I think not by the looks of things, although, after midleton beating bangor, can you judge this league properly, very strange.

http://www.lsl.ie/LeagueTables.aspx
    Crumlin are from depleted.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpet View Post
    Over reaction I would think. No one has sold their soul to the devil or whatever. Listen guys I think it may be time to turn your pettiness in to graft and put it back in to your own clubs. Thats if ye are involved with clubs. Life goes on. Why cant we just get on !!!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Well i'm grateful to be given the opportunity thank you Carpet, if I was to compare the two i'd have to draw comparisons to Austin Powers Dr Evil and Mini Me and naturally Blarney would be the latter mimicking everything his hero is doing but never quiet achieving anything and losing alot of respect on the way.
    Bit harsh on Blarney there, currently have 11 players who played schoolboy football with the club in senior panel. 2 of these still playing underage Jordan O'Connor and Kieran Murray. Always had a history of being a local club.
    In fairness veered off the plan in the last couple of years with the Cobh influx but getting back to basics now again.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Local teams like Midleton, Blarney and Mayfield always did better when they had their own players that were hungry to impress and fought for each other with good team spirit. When they signed outsiders they seemed to lose their hunger, appetitie and identity. It is proven fact that Blarney were more successful without new comers in last 2 years as were Mayfield before they signed Deasy brothers, Conor Meade (played for Blarney too), James Cummins etc... No doubt these players are good players but when you have a good buzz going it doesnt mean you have to change everything. Midleton are doing a nice job now with only one or two outsiders to help them along. I think when clubs get promoted they panic and feel they have to sign 'NAMES' when they should perhaps look at what they have. Castleview are another example that you can be good enough if you stick with what you have.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Billy G View Post
    Bit harsh on Blarney there, currently have 11 players who played schoolboy football with the club in senior panel. 2 of these still playing underage Jordan O'Connor and Kieran Murray. Always had a history of being a local club.
    In fairness veered off the plan in the last couple of years with the Cobh influx but getting back to basics now again.
    Very good point Silly Billy G. Blarney are certainly after taking a step back in order to build again for the future.They have a great blend of old and young and they will certainly challenge more in the coming years, maybe not this or even next but the club is building.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    ringmahon aswell..every player on team has come up through schoolboy and junior ranks..working from academy,schoolboys,youths is only wat forward.local players,local team etc

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Hi lads, new to this forum. Very interesting discussion. Just from a Castleview point of view we are currently down a little but we are rebuilding and hope to be back on top in a few years. Most of our current team are our own. We have some great underage players coming through and the Committee has decided if possible to stick with our own. Might seem like a step back but should be good for the future and the club. Our 14,15 & 18 teams are going well in the national cups.