Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik View Post
    Yes but Hall have beaten da mount twice this season and when you beat the best, You become the best! Therefore hall are now the team to beat! Early pace setters and League leaders! Come feb and march they will certainly be feeling the heat!
    Ha come off the stage now,have any of these hall wins been in the league?...when was the last time douglas hall won something major? no1 knows anything about this hall team until their bottle is tested, i will leave it at that!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    Ha come off the stage now,have any of these hall wins been in the league?...when was the last time douglas hall won something major? no1 knows anything about this hall team until their bottle is tested, i will leave it at that!
    Ah el nino coro my little mexican friend you are to Hall as Ferguson is to Liverpool,your worlds will always be opposite.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Going well at the moment, not sure about Cloud 9 as we've been in the position previously - both in the Intermediate Cup and the League and not many trophies are handed out before Christmas.
    However, signs are positive, the team is playing well and we are in Blarney tonight for the league match. That is an important fixture - in a 10 team league a couple of bad results can cause havoc. Deccie and Podge will be available again after suspension to boost last Sunday's panel - onward and upwards.
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Hey Ball hop why did Adsie go back to ye whats the story their.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    Well nino i have already stated a few posts ago that i would also like to see how da hall would cope with a few bad results! You have to admit though if there was one team in the league you would not like to play now its da hall! If rockmount had won both those cup matches people would say they are the better team! Even though they were donie forde and senior cup those 2 wins cannot be ignored. Its a results game...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyBHFC View Post
    i have ta agree with skinny11 on de douglas hall debate. reznik your points are vaild about hall being de leaders but hall have nothing to lose and until they win something major ie de senior league or intermediate cup then i believe dey can be called de best!!
    By implication so wes you believe da mount are still the best team in the league because there the champions?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggs View Post
    Ah el nino coro my little mexican friend you are to Hall as Ferguson is to Liverpool,your worlds will always be opposite.
    Fair enough they are playing well and are obviously a good footballing side,but they have won nothing yet,im with most fellas on this forum and would like to see a new name on the MSL trophy but there is a long way to go

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Hey Ball hop why did Adsie go back to ye whats the story their.
    Statement of intent!!
    Signing a top class 'keeper both gives cover and keeps pressure on and pressure within a panel always brings the best out of players.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    It just doesnt seem to make sense i heard he lost his place with Midleton due to a few howlers and then decides to go to the best defensive team at present to sit on the bench their why didnt he stay and fight for his place, I was told that the Douglas junior keeper is also top notch,you might shed some light on this one why didnt he sign with Avondale who are crying out for a keeper.I'm completely baffaled by this one.
    Last edited by Goggs; 16/12/2010 at 2:44 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik View Post
    By implication so wes you believe da mount are still the best team in the league because there the champions?
    i never sed rockmount were de best team in de league!! my point is dat doughal have ta win something major to becxome de best. rockmount and avondale have proven it over the last number of years with douglas hall on de fringes!! maybe this is there year to win major trophys?? let just wait and see REZNIK

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    It just doesnt seem to make sense i heard he lost his place with Midleton due to a few howlers and then decides to go to the best defensive team at present to sit on the bench their why didnt he stay and fight for his place, I was told that the Douglas junior keeper is also top notch,you might shed some light on this one why didnt he sign with Avondale who are crying out for a keeper.I'm completely baffaled by this one.
    Played with us from Under 14 and graduated onto the Seniors. He is not just moving club, he is returning to the club where he played for a number of years.
    He was always popular within the club and as far as I know maintained contact with a number of the players.
    Form is temporary and I'm sure he'll challenge strongly for the number 1 jersey on the senior team.
    I still think Adsie is a really good signing and will prove his worth before the season is out.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    I'm not disputing his talent and know he has connections their I saw him play last season and thought he was good but don't understand why he left Midleton after spending a few seasons their and living in that area to go to the Hall and sit on the bench was their a bust up or was it a case of your management recruiting a number 2 and if so what about your junior keeper is he rated by the senior management and if so could it be a scenario that he mighten get any game time this season and where would the player be left then.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Have to laugh at all the posts in last 24 hours lads. Very little talk of Avondale or Rockmout challenging. We are in December, games will come thick and fast in January. Whoever balances the high on Intermediate Cup games and then coming down to league games will win the League. I predict, 1st Mount, 2nd Hall 3rd Avondale with Avondale going furthest in the Cup!!! Only guess work really. Douglas Hall are very good side, nice to watch and will be interesting to see if they have bottle to match. Not writing them off either as I have seen them play and they are well equiped. Time will tell and also tonights result will tell a lot too.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Douglas Hall 3 Blarney Utd 1
    Blarney led 1-0, but Strachan's hat-trick was the difference.
    Big 3 points for the 'Hall.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Massive 3 points, well done.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    As per MSL website
    Rockmount 3-3 UCC,
    College finding it difficult to score all season and hard to remember Rockmount conceding 3 at home in any league game in the recent past. sounds like an interesting game

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Ive been to hell and back during my explosion.
    Mrs Goggs found me sitting alone in my room wearing my 1998 MSL kit just stroking a football
    Brilliant stuff Goggs but did you have to go into detail

Quote Originally Posted by wesleyBHFC View Post
    i never sed rockmount were de best team in de league!! my point is dat doughal have ta win something major to becxome de best. rockmount and avondale have proven it over the last number of years with douglas hall on de fringes!! maybe this is there year to win major trophys?? let just wait and see REZNIK
    Go easy on the text stuff Wes, keep on typing
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Was at the Blarney/Douglas game.Blarney went one up and even though Douglas had plenty of the ball, they didn't look dangerous.Bad defending for goals 1 & 2 and keeper should have stopped the 3rd but Douglas played qulaity football.Blarney had a few big players carrying injuries but cannot complain about result really. Douglas will take a bit of beating if they can keep their bottle.They may need to talk to a couple of their players though about chatting back to the ref's.Could well land them in trouble before long

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I went to the rockmount/ucc game. 3 all...Highly entertaining! rockmount are a very depleted team, a shell of the last few years defensively. As usual though they managed to take their chances from set pieces and cause ucc serious problems from dead ball situations. It was trademark rockmount attacking wise, long ball, get your position and play off that then. I thought the college were very impressive, very comfortable at the back on the ball and pacey on the wings. Should have won this game in my opinion on overall play and chances created from play, they missed two great one v ones, fairplay to brendan o connell in goals with rockmount. Howey, Monty, Darren o Riordan went off injured, the latter earlier in the game which was a big loss to the already below par midfield. Rockmount got a penalty at 2 all but dave welsh who just came on sub missed. Robbie waters was sent off for ucc then, he was having a fine game besides being at fault for the penalty. Just too much to report on in this game, strange for a msl game on a cold night in rockmount park, usually not the more popular of places for flowing football due to rockmounts style. Good point for ucc despite having claimed all three. Bottom line is its a very hard place to go and get three. From what i seen anyway, it could be crumlin vs pheonix in the intermediate after sunday, cant see rockmount pulling that one outta the bag.
    Last edited by j-burt; 17/12/2010 at 11:43 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Hey j-burt ive read a few of your posts very informative but why so down on Rockmount all the time