why was the comment by goggs deleted..was it all a big lie or what

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ringmahon4ever View Post
    why was the comment by goggs deleted..was it all a big lie or what
    Unsubstantiated Allegation, not allowed here.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Ballinhassig v Ballincollig Sunday morning should be a cracker. Local derby with tense rivalries between both managers and players! Any opinion on the game and who to look out for?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Anyone know if Rockmount v UCC is going ahead tonight?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    called off due to the weather!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Anyone know if goggs has been banned? It turns out the story he said wasnt actually total lies! There was a big fight but it wasnt as bad as he first thought! Surely he hasnt been banned over this! Bring back Goggs...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    He didnt really name names or go to tarnish somebody's reputation. He just said what he heard but with no malice intended I think. I dont think he is banned but would hate to lose anyway that is contributing to this blog and has football at heart. Time will tell I suppose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    think it said he was suspended..it seems to be if theres any violence mentioned in someones comment it gets deleted..maybe he added on arms and legs but theres stil a bit of truth to it which makes a good read.i wonder have we got a member of the msl operating this forum ha ha..... bring back goggs

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    bring back goggs he has one of the true foot.ie greats. his in depth knowledge of the game is up there with Mourinho, Billy Cronin,Brian Murray and ferguson. very very harsh if hes banned. if razor could be half the sport goggs is the world of foot.ie would be a better place.Bring goggs back,I hope this brings a tear to goggs' eyes when he sees the support he has
    Last edited by Carpet; 01/12/2010 at 1:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I have to say, some of the administration work on the intermediate page baffles me. I play in the msl and I for one know when a few of the incidents (not necessarily the incident goggs reported on) have been true. Some issues that are not allowed to be discussed is a joke. This is a 'forum' i thought??? a place where issues of football and other matters of the senior leagues are discussed. Hiding behind the claim of an unsubstanciated allegation, I find quite petty. How can you substanciate a rumour that a person is said to be changing club for example, yet it would still get posted here without any evidence and free from reprimand. that player would still have to answer questions. Now the bad mouthing of a player on this page in terms of name calling etc I will agree should have consequence. But discussing the incidents in an orderly manner i think should be allowed! Bring back goggs!

12. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j-burt View Post
    I have to say, some of the administration work on the intermediate page baffles me. I play in the msl and I for one know when a few of the incidents (not necessarily the incident goggs reported on) have been true. Some issues that are not allowed to be discussed is a joke. This is a 'forum' i thought??? a place where issues of football and other matters of the senior leagues are discussed. Hiding behind the claim of an unsubstanciated allegation, I find quite petty. How can you substanciate a rumour that a person is said to be changing club for example, yet it would still get posted here without any evidence and free from reprimand. that player would still have to answer questions. Now the bad mouthing of a player on this page in terms of name calling etc I will agree should have consequence. But discussing the incidents in an orderly manner i think should be allowed! Bring back goggs!
    To be fair to Razor if there is a court case involved (which there is talk of) then prob best to leave chat about situation off the web page hes involved in moderating. If something goes to court its a bit different to a fella moving clubs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Billy G View Post
    To be fair to Razor if there is a court case involved (which there is talk of) then prob best to leave chat about situation off the web page hes involved in moderating. If something goes to court its a bit different to a fella moving clubs
    I agree with Silly Billy G here, A person being named for violence is a lot more severe than a someone mentioning that theres a player moving clubs. After all a player moving clubs is part and parcel of football whilst violence has no part to play in any sport.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    but if something happens in a msl we can all have an opinion on it..thats the whole point of a forum i taught.in that case so we cant mention names or clubs..there was people mouthing off bout my own club in the past and not one comment was deleted..it seems were only allowed to pick and choose on who and wat we can talk about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I cant disagree with ye there lads, I didn't see goggs comment so i can't say what i thought of it, i assumed it was covering the sendings off in the blarney, rockmount game? is this not the senior forum...I think its referring to a seperate event involving blarney aswell which I assume everyone in the local soccer circle has heard about with maybe arms and legs added on. I was making a generalisation on matters as I seen the posts up by other members on how things are governed. My example was simplified just to get my point across. Another example is the howie incident, (oh, should I have mentioned this alleged incident?) No court case involved, nobody hurt, general gossip, its not as if these things dont happen either in football. granted there is no place for it, but how will it ever be stomped out if people dont speak up. I personally feel that razor doesn't do a bad job as a whole, he's decent for posting valued comments on games etc which is the bulk of comments on this forum, I just feel that the forum should lay down a strict set of rules that apply to the intermediate forum and maybe have two or three administrators. It will allow for certain forms of football gossip that isn't biased. I think one person should not have the power to down an opinion if he doesn't feel it worthy or if he just doesn't like it. To be honest, i wouldn't be surprised if my post of constructive criticism gets deleted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j-burt View Post
    I cant disagree with ye there lads, I didn't see goggs comment so i can't say what i thought of it, i assumed it was covering the sendings off in the blarney, rockmount game? is this not the senior forum...I think its referring to a seperate event involving blarney aswell which I assume everyone in the local soccer circle has heard about with maybe arms and legs added on. I was making a generalisation on matters as I seen the posts up by other members on how things are governed. My example was simplified just to get my point across. Another example is the howie incident, (oh, should I have mentioned this alleged incident?) No court case involved, nobody hurt, general gossip, its not as if these things dont happen either in football. granted there is no place for it, but how will it ever be stomped out if people dont speak up. I personally feel that razor doesn't do a bad job as a whole, he's decent for posting valued comments on games etc which is the bulk of comments on this forum, I just feel that the forum should lay down a strict set of rules that apply to the intermediate forum and maybe have two or three administrators. It will allow for certain forms of football gossip that isn't biased. I think one person should not have the power to down an opinion if he doesn't feel it worthy or if he just doesn't like it. To be honest, i wouldn't be surprised if my post of constructive criticism gets deleted.
    delete delete delete delete ha ha

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Like the Incident in Donegal and the Blarney incident, lets just get over them now. I love football so lets talk about it and leave any more gossip to the ladies. I am all for having an opinion but at this stage lets move on and also give Goggs another chance. Ye think games will go ahead at the weekend? I would be very suprised to be honest. The weather isnt meant to break until Tuesday next.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Like the Incident in Donegal and the Blarney incident, lets just get over them now. I love football so lets talk about it and leave any more gossip to the ladies. I am all for having an opinion but at this stage lets move on and also give Goggs another chance. Ye think games will go ahead at the weekend? I would be very suprised to be honest. The weather isnt meant to break until Tuesday next.
    Cant see much activity going ahead either this weekend! There is a lot of teams due to travel to cork this weekend but with the dangerous roads and frozen pitches they should probably be told days in advance! I dont think any team would appreciate a 3hr journey to find out the game is off on arrival.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Nearly brought a tear to my own eye lads
    There are already rules in posting on this forum and the thing with any of these incidents or payments to players or anything else is the fact that you need proof.
    see here
    I was offline when Goggs posted his "rumour" so dahamsta dealt with it.
    He'll be back next week after a weeks suspension.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik View Post
    Cant see much activity going ahead either this weekend! There is a lot of teams due to travel to cork this weekend but with the dangerous roads and frozen pitches they should probably be told days in advance! I dont think any team would appreciate a 3hr journey to find out the game is off on arrival.
    In fairness, I expect that all Cork teams who are hosting visitors this weekend will do the right thing. I would expect regular communications between the clubs in the lead up to the matches and if there is an expectation that pitches will not be playable, the Cork clubs will take the necessary, and correct steps.
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"