Carrigaline 0-1 Mayfield Utd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Blarney Utd 0-1 Avondale Utd tonight
    Marky Sull in the second half

Also heard tonight that Karl Caulfield has signed for Avondale.
    yes i heard that also. things are looking up for avondale. they played the better football tonight but it was blarney who had the better chances. great save by dave o'keefe in the first half kept it at nil all. With 5 minutes to go avondale scored a well worked goal with jammer and mark sull linking up well with mark sull rounding the keeper to score. Micheal kiernan,hoggy and hargy were exceptional at the back. O'Leary was blarney's best player and was probably man of the match

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster Bouglas View Post
    That will never happen the 2 leagues would have to amalgamate and currently the MSL and AUL probably have 4 or 5 representatives each on various FAI committees for which they get travel expenses for meeetings, freebie international tickets and various other add ons. So which 5 are going to give up their goodies? Answer is none.
    These guys are like politicians in it for themselves and what they can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilts View Post
    Haha!
    Nobody in the AUL Premier Division gets changed al fresco anymore.
    It's all gone very posh!

Anyway, if you're not good enough to play senior you should get shipped out.
    You shouldn't be allowed to hang onto your senior status just because you've been there for years.
    Footballing ability has to be the major factor in deciding who are the senior clubs.

For example - The Barrs (former All Ireland club football winners) lost their senior status a few years back - roughed it Intermediate for a year and came back up to the senior ranks, based on their results.

But Kinsale who have won 5 AUL Premier titles in 8 years can't get 'promoted' and far inferior MSL Div 2 teams can't get 'relegated'.

To me that is unfair and doesn't promote an ethos of competitiveness in some clubs.
    Could you imagine the relegation battle at the bottom of Div 2 if the losers were to get moved on to the AUL.
    Now that would be competitive
    Totallly agre with ye lads. Playing in the Aul at the moment but i do see a lot of local games each week wether it be aul or msl. Ok msl facilities are 2nd to none and its always a pleasure to play a msl team but surely its the football that counts? Id fancy Kinsale Leeside and Grattan to challenge in the 1st Div and hold there own in the prem. IMO the Msl Prem is 2 tiered= Rockmount Avondale Blarney Douglas Hall St Marys 1st tier the rest dont have a prayer of winning it.

This is my rating on leagues in Cork, feel free to reply good or more than likely bad!!!

Msl Snr Prem
    Msl Snr 1st/Aul Prem
    Aul Prem A/ Msl Jnr Prem
    Aul 1st/Msl 2nd
    Msl Jnr 1st/Aul 2nd
    Aul 3rd/ Business and Shipping
    "Build it and they will come"

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Douglas hall beat Tramore 5-1
    Mark Murphy with two(player of the week) Strachan with 2 and derek varian with a great solo goal

Tramore are a bad side..I know there was one serious injury in tramore park already this season and there will be plenty more if referees dont start sending their players off..they should have a red card after 30 seconds today and maybe 3 or 4 more had the referee booked players when he should have.

Encouraged by their manager to kick and foul hopefully for the good of the league they are only here on a short stay

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
    Douglas hall beat Tramore 5-1
    Mark Murphy with two(player of the week) Strachan with 2 and derek varian with a great solo goal

Tramore are a bad side..I know there was one serious injury in tramore park already this season and there will be plenty more if referees dont start sending their players off..they should have a red card after 30 seconds today and maybe 3 or 4 more had the referee booked players when he should have.

Encouraged by their manager to kick and foul hopefully for the good of the league they are only here on a short stay
    'Hall took a while to get going - Tramore took the lead, Strachan equalised almost immediately. Second half was one-way traffic. Hall dominant and made their dominance tell.
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    bodie i said this a couple of weeks back about tramore they are a disgrace . yet again today totally outclassed and all they did was try kick lumps out of the hall then when the slightest challenge on them there shouting at the ref to give him a yellow or red which i think no player should do . weel enjoy yer year in msl premier because ye going straight back down haha

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Div 1 result

Fermoy 1-1 Castleview.

Tough game today and both teams will be happy with the point. One great header from Fermoy saved brilliantly by the keeper was all that happened in the first half. View took the lead with 6 left. Free kick into the box was flicked on and a free man at the back stick took it down and buried it well. Their only shot on goal all day. Fermoy went straight down the other end and scored. Left back whipped in a great ball that was controlled and finshed superbly by Alan Mccormack.

Game dominated by the two big centre backs and a general chess game in midfield which neither team won or lost.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    totally agree with you skinny this is only a few weeks into the season and this crap is going on every week with tramore.msl premier is no place for this stuff. its the kind of carry on you see in aul 3rd division. crazy to see this with good teams like kinsale and leeside not able to come into the league and a team with no interest in playing soccer playing in this division.saw avondale the other night great win and i gotta agree with nutter that ray leary was the best player on the field, hes getting better by the year

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

michael ward team

does anybody have the squad for that or players from there club who were named

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rockmount :b o connell,howie, alan king,darren o riordan, christopher butts,steven montengormy
    avondale : Mark o sullivan
    mayfield :albert puccechello ,david kiely
    douglas hall :kevin mulcahy,deccie o connel mark murphy brian wilkinson,graeme mc carthy and derek varian
    st marys :jp o sullivan,anthony o callaghan
    blarney:ken coleman ,ray leary.
    Castleview:danny buckley
    avondale: Mark o sullivan, karl caulfield

by the looks of that team guess the trophy will be staying in leinster
    be interesting to see exactly who will travel to donegal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    if your deleting my comments about a team(garyduff) who are breaking every rule that there is why is there a point in posting comments,if you look back through previous comments you will see other people are saying the same thing,i have loads of proof.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ringmahon4ever View Post
    if your deleting my comments about a team(garyduff) who are breaking every rule that there is why is there a point in posting comments,if you look back through previous comments you will see other people are saying the same thing,i have loads of proof.
    I agree that deleting any trace of a comment is bad form. At least modify it and let the person who wrote it know. I saw that comment last night, as a couple more probably did, so deleting it is pointless.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Send me on your proof and we can make a call as to whether your comments can be published on this public internet forum.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne View Post
    I agree that deleting any trace of a comment is bad form. At least modify it and let the person who wrote it know. I saw that comment last night, as a couple more probably did, so deleting it is pointless.
    exactly..if were not allowed say stuff why bother when the whole of cork soccer knows how bad they are with players and breaking every rule thats been there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    exactly..if were not allowed say stuff why bother when the whole of cork soccer knows how bad they are with players and breaking every rule thats been there
    I agree with Ringmahon4ever. People should be made aware of what they are up to as they were caught on numerous occasions last year but the MSL turned a blind eye and thats no lie.

There's no place in the MSL for that carry on and if a post on this forum can alert people of the goings on in that club then so be it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    I agree with Ringmahon4ever. People should be made aware of what they are up to as they were caught on numerous occasions last year but the MSL turned a blind eye and thats no lie.

There's no place in the MSL for that carry on and if a post on this forum can alert people of the goings on in that club then so be it.
    il second that motion

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    well i player msl soccer and i like many other players was approached by norman pratt garyduff chairman asking to sign for them and in return i would get €50-100 a week free football tickets and after countless phone call and avoidance of mr pratt it was reported to the msl and what was done huh typical msl cowards

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Title Challenge

Relishing going to watch D.Hall v's Avondale. Two good footballing teams. I fancy Hall to take the points and mount a serious challenge this year. They are always fancied at start of every season and die away but this season they seem to have a serious confidence about them. I predict 2-1. Big opportunity to go ahead of Rockmount as their game with mayfield is off.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny11 View Post
    well i player msl soccer and i like many other players was approached by norman pratt garyduff chairman asking to sign for them and in return i would get €50-100 a week free football tickets and after countless phone call and avoidance of mr pratt it was reported to the msl and what was done huh typical msl cowards
    Looks like Garryduff have been beaten again today so the recruitment tactics aren't working very well.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Relishing going to watch D.Hall v's Avondale. I predict 2-1.
    Ok Sparky, what is going to win the 2.30 at Kempton next Saturday.....?? Spot on.

Kevin Mul scored both for the 'Hall, Spratty had equalised in between for Avondale.
    Big win, will do confidence a world of good.
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"