Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Fixtures 28th/29th/1st

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I was always a fan and hoped he might have come to Rovers when he was coming back.
    Struck me he didn't even look that bothered when he was getting hauled off.
    It would be very unprofessional of him but you'd have to wonder would he have done better under bucko, he didn't sign up for last nights stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
    I expected much more from Harps after their win over Sligo but they never even got near to us. McNulty must have thought he was still on holiday.
    We've down to the bare bones at present.
    Both teams brutal up front.
    As they say the table doesn't lie.
    Yep, pretty much spot on there!

Both goalkeepers could have went off for a few pints and came back on the final whistle.

Seemed like both sides were happy to play out a 0-0. Different approach altogether from Harps from Friday night where we looked to get forward and attack Sligo. We didn't really create anything last night and apart from two long shots outside the box going narrowly wide, we hardly tested the Cork goal at all.

Amazing how far Cork have fallen.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Micky Drennan looks very out of condition (and he wasnt the only one), he was through on goal with no one between him and Manus after Pico miss controlled the ball and after running 10 yards he cut back inside and looked for support, Pico had taken 3 yards out of him in ten having slipped and Pico wouldn't be quick.
    I'm definitely on the Pats fans page after last night, if HK cant get the team on the pitch fit and motivated its time to go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Poor fare at Dalymount last night. Derry the better side in first half and Bohs better second half. 2/3rd choice players and it showed ! Totally lacking in quality throughout. Given our injuries Bohs won’t be unhappy with the draw and Derry seemed happy enough with a point as well.
    Excellent crowd for a Monday night at a totally forgettable match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Keith Long calling for an extended season after the match, it really is amazing everyone wants a longer season and yet nothing seems to change.
    Start the season next year on Feb 1st and finish on 15th November with no mid season break, no midweek games and the players can take their holidays in Dubai in November and December

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Keith Long calling for an extended season after the match, it really is amazing everyone wants a longer season and yet nothing seems to change.
    Start the season next year on Feb 1st and finish on 15th November with no mid season break, no midweek games and the players can take their holidays in Dubai in November and December
    Lucid might have a problem with that suggestion

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    It was clear from early on Kenny didnt know what he was at. There was zero progress. We should have taken Long when he came begging.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by desaintsno.12 View Post
    It was clear from early on Kenny didnt know what he was at. There was zero progress. We should have taken Long when he came begging.
    New one on me that Long " came begging" for a job with you, and you chose Harry kenny?

Some sense of entitlement from some Pats fans on here! I get that Pats fans dont like Kenny and his style of play. It strikes me that the squad is pretty much mid table fare, and that Pats have assumed their traditional position as third club in Dublin, and maybe fourth club next year. You will still be able to unfurl your " never relegated" banner at the end of the season , so that counts as a success?
    Pats wont be competing in Europe again any time soon, unless you luck out again. Chill out and enjoy your European adventure, you wont be playing Rovers, so Harry will be motivated to get a result.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    New one on me that Long " came begging" for a job with you, and you chose Harry kenny?

Some sense of entitlement from some Pats fans on here! I get that Pats fans dont like Kenny and his style of play. It strikes me that the squad is pretty much mid table fare, and that Pats have assumed their traditional position as third club in Dublin, and maybe fourth club next year. You will still be able to unfurl your " never relegated" banner at the end of the season , so that counts as a success?
    Pats wont be competing in Europe again any time soon, unless you luck out again. Chill out and enjoy your European adventure, you wont be playing Rovers, so Harry will be motivated to get a result.
    He interviewed for the job when Bucko left. Should have taken him when he had the chance. Although I'm sure he'll come looking again, he can't keeping working miracles at Bohs with no money and Rovers will figure out how to beat them eventually.

At least he'll get a bit of money at Pats and a chance of winning something.
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I did hear that he interviewed before and the full time gig was his problem as he has a job, same reason Conan Byrne left.

How will that have changed if you sack Harry, unless you go back to training in the evenings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    He interviewed for the job when Bucko left. Should have taken him when he had the chance. Although I'm sure he'll come looking again, he can't keeping working miracles at Bohs with no money and Rovers will figure out how to beat them eventually.

At least he'll get a bit of money at Pats and a chance of winning something.
    Pats chose Kenny over Long 😁 funniest thing I’ve heard since Pats “won the League” in the transfer window 😁😁😁
    Maybe your Board should be drug tested !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I think it was more a question of Pats chose a manager who would commit to full time and Long didn't want to give up his job.
    I'd say at this point the Pats board are wishing they had gone full time but allowed Long to manage part time with a full time assistant / trainer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    I think it was more a question of Pats chose a manager who would commit to full time and Long didn't want to give up his job.
    I'd say at this point the Pats board are wishing they had gone full time but allowed Long to manage part time with a full time assistant / trainer.
    Perhaps they were too busy winning the transfer window 😁
    Don’t think anyone expected Kenny to be so poor, big call to be made post season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    for old times sake i'm still hoping a strong finish to the league and a European spot will save Harry but Pats were wojus on Monday and i just cant see them stringing wins together.
    Assuming one of the top 3 win the cup 4th place is completely do able.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    for old times sake i'm still hoping a strong finish to the league and a European spot will save Harry but Pats were wojus on Monday and i just cant see them stringing wins together.
    Assuming one of the top 3 win the cup 4th place is completely do able.
    Would need a BIG improvement to catch Derry or Bohs and I can’t see any basis to believe that’s likely. Cup win might cap their season off and they should have the players to give it a go. That would buy him another season to gel a team together. Big ask given their form to date

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Would need a BIG improvement to catch Derry or Bohs and I can’t see any basis to believe that’s likely. Cup win might cap their season off and they should have the players to give it a go. That would buy him another season to gel a team together. Big ask given their form to date

They are 1 point behind 4th place Derry (admittedly with 2 more games played) if they win on Friday and assuming Dundalk beat Derry they are 2 points clear in 4th place.
    I do accept though thats just Maths the performance needs to change significantly or the Maths wont.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Pats chose Kenny over Long  funniest thing I’ve heard since Pats “won the League” in the transfer window 
    Maybe your Board should be drug tested !
    They need to be sacked nevermind drug tested. Not sure who was saying we 'won the league' in the transfer window but Bohs having a freak season similar to Drogs in 2012 certainly isn't helping our chances of getting Europe.
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    They need to be sacked nevermind drug tested. Not sure who was saying we 'won the league' in the transfer window but Bohs having a freak season similar to Drogs in 2012 certainly isn't helping our chances of getting Europe.
    Bohs finished 1 place and 1 point behind Pats last season. Not sure how it’s “freakish” to be ahead of them this season 😁 we have Benifited from Cork and (to a lesser extent) Waterford) imploding but otherwise not too surprising table.
    Unfortunate (especially for Harry &#128513 that transfer dealings raised expectations of Pats fans way beyond what was deliverable.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Bohs finished 1 place and 1 point behind Pats last season. Not sure how it’s “freakish” to be ahead of them this season 😁 we have Benifited from Cork and (to a lesser extent) Waterford) imploding but otherwise not too surprising table.
    Unfortunate (especially for Harry &#128513 that transfer dealings raised expectations of Pats fans way beyond what was deliverable.
    And our Under 19 `s beat that team of pro`s last season on their home ground , under the apparently sadly missed Mr Buckley.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    I didn’t realise Bohs were expected to be 3rd at this point in the season. In that case Long is just doing as expected and not that great at all.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast