Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 219

Thread: UK clubs 2019/20 preseason

  1. #81
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,054
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    880
    Thanked in
    585 Posts

  2. #82
    First Team
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,343
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    51
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    593
    Thanked in
    380 Posts
    Josh Cullen on the bench for West Ham against Man city - didn't come on though: https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/statu...all%2F49010516

    Joshua Kayode came on as a second-half sub for Rotherham: https://www.themillers.co.uk/matches...-on-10-jul-19/

  3. #83
    Reserves
    Joined
    May 2008
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    865
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    137
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    Ryan Johansson started tonight vs Arsenal. Missed him in the initial team sheet, as I was only focused on the subs, so didn’t watch the first half. Now he has been substituted. Anyone watch it?

  4. #84
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,054
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    880
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ine-pre-season

    The Guardian name the young player to watch on each pre-season tour.

    Jack Clarke of Aston Villa is named. He's down as having Irish citizenship on transfermarkt, and a middle name of Aidan. They also mention how he calls out our own Jake Doyle-Hayes as his best mate at the club. Can't find anything him on him playing for us though. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack...spieler/357663

    Very positive to see Mark Travers, Aaron Connolly and Adam Idah being named as the one to watch at each of their respective clubs. Molumby could well be breathing down Aaron Connolly's neck for recognition as the one to watch at Brighton.

  5. #85
    Seasoned Pro joe_denilson's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,358
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    252
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,149
    Thanked in
    643 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Can't find anything him on him playing for us though. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack...spieler/357663
    It's right there in your link!
    https://www.fai.ie/ireland/match/55505/2017/999943219

  6. #86
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,054
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    880
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    Ahhhh- thanks! Will be interesting to see if he can propel himself into the 21s setup.

  7. #87
    First Team
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Torquay, Australia
    Posts
    2,248
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    574
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    476
    Thanked in
    336 Posts
    Ben Wilmot is mentioned in the article too and I am sure I read that he is Irish qualified.
    Last edited by gastric; 18/07/2019 at 10:23 AM.

  8. #88
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    790
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    17
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    181
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Ryan Johansson started tonight vs Arsenal. Missed him in the initial team sheet, as I was only focused on the subs, so didn’t watch the first half. Now he has been substituted. Anyone watch it?
    He should look at a loan move himeslf, if he starts playing regularly in a lower Bundesliga team it will do wonders for him and the Rep of ireland

  9. #89
    Reserves
    Joined
    May 2008
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    865
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    137
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    https://www.punditarena.com/football/oisinmcqueirns2758/irish-prospect-ryan-johansson-starts-for-bayern-in-defeat-to-arsenal/amp/

    Appears to have “held his own” middle of the Park. Agree needs loan move, like many of our youngsters

  10. #90
    Reserves
    Joined
    May 2008
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    865
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    137
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    Just watched replay of the first half Bayern vs Arsenal.

    Johansson was pretty impressive. Played in an advanced midfield role. Technically sound with good first touch and close control, crisp passer, creative with a couple of nice through balls, good positioning, always looking for the ball showing confidence, and can beat a man as well. Fluffed a couple of shots on goal so his shooting ability remains to be determined. He’s young and was brushed off the ball a couple of times, but expect to improve as he gets stronger. Defensive aspect to his game probably not his strongest, but obviously has plenty of time to develop this. Would need a more defensive minded midfielder alongside him.

    Certainly didn't do his credentials any harm. Fingers crossed he will see more game time vs Madrid and Milan, 7/20 and 6/23, in order to put himself in the shop window for a solid loan move which he now needs to take himself to the next level. He will be 19 this season in February. Overall pretty promising and hope Ireland engage him properly in our set up in coming months.

  11. Thanks From:


  12. #91
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,879
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    759
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    441
    Thanked in
    297 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Just watched replay of the first half Bayern vs Arsenal.

    Johansson was pretty impressive. Played in an advanced midfield role. Technically sound with good first touch and close control, crisp passer, creative with a couple of nice through balls, good positioning, always looking for the ball showing confidence, and can beat a man as well. Fluffed a couple of shots on goal so his shooting ability remains to be determined. He’s young and was brushed off the ball a couple of times, but expect to improve as he gets stronger. Defensive aspect to his game probably not his strongest, but obviously has plenty of time to develop this. Would need a more defensive minded midfielder alongside him.

    Certainly didn't do his credentials any harm. Fingers crossed he will see more game time vs Madrid and Milan, 7/20 and 6/23, in order to put himself in the shop window for a solid loan move which he now needs to take himself to the next level. He will be 19 this season in February. Overall pretty promising and hope Ireland engage him properly in our set up in coming months.
    Thank you. He will be under 19 for us for the season coming hopefully he can be a regular in Bayern's b team who play in the equivalent of league 1 he wasn't involved at that level I dont think last season just their 19s

  13. #92
    First Team
    Joined
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,250
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    86
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Dara O'Shea having a good pre-season thus far at West Brom:

    https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...-at-west-brom/

  14. #93
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    790
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    17
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    181
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Thank you. He will be under 19 for us for the season coming hopefully he can be a regular in Bayern's b team who play in the equivalent of league 1 he wasn't involved at that level I dont think last season just their 19s
    Is he ours for defo or can you still switch country?

  15. #94
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    112
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    68
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Once he makes an appearance at U19s 21s or senior, his change is set in stone.

  16. #95
    First Team
    Joined
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,250
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    86
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Connolly starting up front for Brighton against Crawley Town. No sign of Molumby. I'm guessing he's either injured or being held back for the game against Fulham this weekend with the first teamers.

    https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...-on-19-jul-19/
    Last edited by youngirish; 19/07/2019 at 6:09 PM.

  17. #96
    Reserves
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    420
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    Connolly starting up front for Brighton against Crawley Town. No sign of Molumby. I'm guessing he's either injured or being held back for the game against Fulham this weekend with the first teamers.

    https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...-on-19-jul-19/
    It was basically their Under 23 team and it doesn't look like he stood out at all. He was very good in Toulon but looking like he will need a loan move down the divisions if he wants first team football this season. Not sure if Molumby is still injured or if he might be involved in their first team friendly tomorrow.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Long Cox

  18. #97
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,879
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    759
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    441
    Thanked in
    297 Posts
    Tom o connor was sub today for Southampton with smallbone obafemi and long starting

  19. #98
    Reserves
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    420
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Very positive reports on Will Smallbone today.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Long Cox

  20. Thanks From:


  21. #99
    First Team
    Joined
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,250
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    86
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Very positive reports on Will Smallbone today.
    Apparently Obafemi played well also.

  22. Thanks From:


  23. #100
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,879
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    759
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    441
    Thanked in
    297 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    It was basically their Under 23 team and it doesn't look like he stood out at all. He was very good in Toulon but looking like he will need a loan move down the divisions if he wants first team football this season. Not sure if Molumby is still injured or if he might be involved in their first team friendly tomorrow.
    Molumby was not involved anyone know what the injury is? O hora was on bench needs a loan u would think

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. UK clubs 2016/17 preseason
    By samhaydenjr in forum Ireland
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06/08/2016, 4:02 AM
  2. UK clubs 2015/16 preseason
    By tetsujin1979 in forum Ireland
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03/08/2015, 12:01 AM
  3. PreSeason
    By Jayk69 in forum Junior League
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07/07/2009, 11:49 AM
  4. preseason
    By prinz in forum Women's Football
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27/01/2007, 9:32 PM
  5. Preseason Friendlies
    By Metrostars in forum Ireland
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 29/07/2004, 6:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •