Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 219

Thread: UK clubs 2019/20 preseason

  1. #181
    Closed Account
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,443
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    266
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,197
    Thanked in
    673 Posts
    Only pre season but Smallbones minutes were encouraging
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=732717042

  2. #182
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,999
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    647
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,175
    Thanked in
    794 Posts
    Great to see. Will be interesting to see if he's in the mix now. He should be. O'Connor and O'Driscoll are hopefully actively seeking loan moves.

  3. #183
    Closed Account
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,443
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    266
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,197
    Thanked in
    673 Posts
    Connolly on the bench for Brighton tonight.

  4. Thanks From:


  5. #184
    Seasoned Pro Razors left peg's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Just Another Emigrant
    Posts
    3,215
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    563
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    495
    Thanked in
    317 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    Connolly on the bench for Brighton tonight.
    Watched a lot of the 2nd half and he didnt get on. Duffy scored again.

    Connolly will need a loan. Very very harsh of me to say about a young guy, but his social media all summer wouldnt fill me with a huge amount of confidence about his professionalism. Just a gut feeling and I hope Im wrong but I have my doubts about him.

    On the other hand, it amazes me that no big club has come in for Duffy. If he was English he would get a move to United probably. Arsenal need a defender badly and I would snap him up if I was them

  6. #185
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,109
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    834
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    495
    Thanked in
    336 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Watched a lot of the 2nd half and he didnt get on. Duffy scored again.

    Connolly will need a loan. Very very harsh of me to say about a young guy, but his social media all summer wouldnt fill me with a huge amount of confidence about his professionalism. Just a gut feeling and I hope Im wrong but I have my doubts about him.

    On the other hand, it amazes me that no big club has come in for Duffy. If he was English he would get a move to United probably. Arsenal need a defender badly and I would snap him up if I was them
    I wonder will he be in the mix to replace Maguire at Leicester would Brighton sell him for 25 million?

  7. #186
    Seasoned Pro Razors left peg's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Just Another Emigrant
    Posts
    3,215
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    563
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    495
    Thanked in
    317 Posts
    [QUOTE=liamoo11;2011258]I wonder will he be in the mix to replace Maguire at Leicester would Brighton sell him for 25 million?[/QUOT

    I suppose hes not not much of a ball playing center half so his type isnt particular in fashion these days

  8. #187
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,999
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    647
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,175
    Thanked in
    794 Posts
    They'll break the bank for Dunk and most know Duffy is better.

  9. #188
    Seasoned Pro Razors left peg's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Just Another Emigrant
    Posts
    3,215
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    563
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    495
    Thanked in
    317 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    They'll break the bank for Dunk and most know Duffy is better.
    Hes exactly what Arsenal need

  10. #189
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,109
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    834
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    495
    Thanked in
    336 Posts
    [QUOTE=Razors left peg;2011259]
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    I wonder will he be in the mix to replace Maguire at Leicester would Brighton sell him for 25 million?[/QUOT

    I suppose hes not not much of a ball playing center half so his type isnt particular in fashion these days
    Fair enough. Harry maguire isn't exactly a fat headed version of beckenbauer either

  11. #190
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,269
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,816
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,209
    Thanked in
    3,299 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Fair enough. Harry maguire isn't exactly a fat headed version of beckenbauer either
    He thinks he is, though, which seems to carry a lot of weight.

  12. #191
    Seasoned Pro CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,997
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,016
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    760
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    FoxesTalk has a replacement for Maguire thread running, with a poll, fair amount of people mentioning Dunk and a big fee for him but not one mention of Duffy anywhere.

  13. #192
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,109
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    834
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    495
    Thanked in
    336 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    FoxesTalk has a replacement for Maguire thread running, with a poll, fair amount of people mentioning Dunk and a big fee for him but not one mention of Duffy anywhere.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49220070 well Brighton definitely moving one of dunk or Duffy on for big money now I'd say

  14. #193
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,269
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,816
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,209
    Thanked in
    3,299 Posts
    It won't be Duffy, lads. If any club in England has a choice between an Irish international and an English international they'll go for the latter, and they'll pay more for the privilege. It's just the way it is.

  15. #194
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,109
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    834
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    495
    Thanked in
    336 Posts
    Nice to see barrett, crowley and manning start 3 young technical footballers. Good that shopido is at least on bench

  16. #195
    First Team
    Joined
    May 2008
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,401
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    155
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    325
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    **Bolter alert**
    Gavin Kilkenny tearing it up for Bournemouth vs Lyon. Goal and an assist in first half. Fans on forum raving about him. This could be his “breakout” game to establish himself in the match day squad for the year

  17. Thanks From:


  18. #196
    Seasoned Pro CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,997
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,016
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    760
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Nice to see barrett, crowley and manning start 3 young technical footballers. Good that shopido is at least on bench
    Barrett with an assist.

  19. #197
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    669
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    341
    Thanked in
    195 Posts
    Shame that the likes of Molumby, Bolger, Scales, Masterson and Ogbene didn’t make the squads... a bit a blow for some young players who would be looking to this season as a breakthrough year

  20. #198
    Seasoned Pro CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,997
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,016
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    760
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Shame that the likes of Molumby, Bolger, Scales, Masterson and Ogbene didn’t make the squads... a bit a blow for some young players who would be looking to this season as a breakthrough year
    Not really news re Ogbene though ? Think he admitted himself that its steeper than he had anticipated.

  21. #199
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    669
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    341
    Thanked in
    195 Posts
    Well, at the end of last season he was generally playing the last 20 minutes of games. I’m sure he would have been hoping to start this season in at least the same place

  22. #200
    Seasoned Pro CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,997
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,016
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    760
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Well, at the end of last season he was generally playing the last 20 minutes of games. I’m sure he would have been hoping to start this season in at least the same place
    Think he came off the bench once in their last ten or so league games, no ? Might be wrong.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. UK clubs 2016/17 preseason
    By samhaydenjr in forum Ireland
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06/08/2016, 5:02 AM
  2. UK clubs 2015/16 preseason
    By tetsujin1979 in forum Ireland
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03/08/2015, 1:01 AM
  3. PreSeason
    By Jayk69 in forum Junior League
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07/07/2009, 12:49 PM
  4. preseason
    By prinz in forum Women's Football
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27/01/2007, 10:32 PM
  5. Preseason Friendlies
    By Metrostars in forum Ireland
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 29/07/2004, 7:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •