Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 238

Thread: U23 players 2019/20

  1. #1
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    30,272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,345
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,648
    Thanked in
    1,647 Posts

    U23 players 2019/20

    Maybe time for a new thread.

    Norwich and ex-UCD winger Simon Power - who was in the Toulon tournament - is apparently being linked with Borussia Dortmund, Lyon, Ajax and PSV.

    Not even the 1st April, unless my calendar is completely wonky.

  2. Thanks From:


  3. #2
    Reserves
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    461
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    20
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    72
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    That has to be some kind of mistake. There were a lot of impressive Irish performances in Toulon but he was poor.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Long Cox

  4. #3
    First Team irishfan86's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    2,165
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    430
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    144
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    That has to be some kind of mistake. There were a lot of impressive Irish performances in Toulon but he was poor.
    Scouts often see things that the average fan wouldn’t. Off the ball runs that elite playmakers would read but his teammates didn’t. Attempted passes to no one into a space where a world class player would know to go. Sometimes top young players look terrible when you watch them with their peers & they only shine alongside more established players.

    Alternatively, he’s crap and just has a great agent!

  5. #4
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    176
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    James Furlong signing for Fulham from Rovers. Saw him play for the Ireland U17s and Rovers first team. Was very good. Serious potential. Might be an u18 and could be a fringe squad member but I think he’s most likely gonna be a 23.

    Anyone hear anything about Bolger or Reghba and whether their moves will happen?

  6. #5
    Reserves
    Joined
    May 2008
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    985
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    128
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    163
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    That has to be some kind of mistake. There were a lot of impressive Irish performances in Toulon but he was poor.
    This has shades of Gary Breen to Barcelona about it...

  7. #6
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    17,964
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    885
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,436
    Thanked in
    2,192 Posts
    Jordan Doherty interviewed on fox news

  8. Thanks From:


  9. #7
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    17,964
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    885
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,436
    Thanked in
    2,192 Posts
    Ali Reghba has left Bohemians, the move to Leicester is set to be confirmed in the next few days: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzOVQ10CWZN/
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  10. #8
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,181
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    898
    Thanked in
    600 Posts
    He didn't have much of an impact with Bohs first half of the season, did he? There was a petulant sending off in there too.

  11. #9
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    17,964
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    885
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,436
    Thanked in
    2,192 Posts
    Joe Redmond signed a two year contract at Birmingham: https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2...ured-on-deals/
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  12. #10
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,181
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    898
    Thanked in
    600 Posts
    Redmond only turned 19 in January and made 28 appearances at u23 level per that article. Is he eligible for the u19s?

  13. #11
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    17,964
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    885
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,436
    Thanked in
    2,192 Posts
    Yeah, think so

  14. #12
    Reserves
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    461
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    20
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    72
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Not sure if he's still our player but one time Ireland prospect Liam Kelly has apparently been told by Reading that he can find himself a new club.

    Wonder if he's still intending to keep his England prospects open...
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Long Cox

  15. #13
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,956
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    802
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    458
    Thanked in
    307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Not sure if he's still our player but one time Ireland prospect Liam Kelly has apparently been told by Reading that he can find himself a new club.

    Wonder if he's still intending to keep his England prospects open...
    Hard to know why it's gone so wrong there for him. Brentford with their beautiful football would be a great club

  16. #14
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,181
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    898
    Thanked in
    600 Posts
    Zwolle and Udinese were linked in January. Zwolle link was by dint of the manager being Jaap Stam. Stam has moved onto Feyenoord. That would be a cracking move for him. He might camp out near Dan Crowley.

  17. #15
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    863
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    17
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    197
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Not sure if he's still our player but one time Ireland prospect Liam Kelly has apparently been told by Reading that he can find himself a new club.

    Wonder if he's still intending to keep his England prospects open...
    He is a penis. He showed hysterical arrogance not accepting a call up to Turkey v ire away game. Mon for his all his faults was bang on exposing him. #no thanks

  18. #16
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    176
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    He is a penis. He showed hysterical arrogance not accepting a call up to Turkey v ire away game. Mon for his all his faults was bang on exposing him. #no thanks
    Are we sure he was actually hedging his bets the way MON portrayed it? Kelly came out saying that refusing the call-up was nothing to do being Irish or being English, it was "a personal thing between me and my family". If that means, his mother was ill or his sister was having mental health issues or his girlfriend had a miscarriage or whatever - that entirely changes things. If it was really about nationality and he wanted to play for England, I dunno why he’d make that statement rather than just keep his head low. But I suppose it could be either. O'Neill had a habit of creating so much needless drama, e.g. Obafemi, implying that he didn't want to be capped before Obafemi's agent made the statement and Obafemi posted #AllIn, misrepresentation of the Arter situation before the whatsapp message came out, implying he didn't believe that Robinson wasn't really interesting in being involved, needless public criticism of Doherty and Meyler.

    I think basically what O'Neill really said was that he didn't get back to a call or two and then responded by text saying he couldn't make it and he inferred from that, that he was holding out for England. And then he doubled down on it again later...
    Last edited by elatedscum; 01/07/2019 at 9:07 PM.

  19. #17
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    863
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    17
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    197
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Are we sure he was actually hedging his bets the way MON portrayed it? Kelly came out saying that refusing the call-up was nothing to do being Irish or being English, it was "a personal thing between me and my family". If that means, his mother was ill or his sister was having mental health issues or his girlfriend had a miscarriage or whatever - that entirely changes things. If it was really about nationality and he wanted to play for England, I dunno why he’d make that statement rather than just keep his head low. But I suppose it could be either. O'Neill had a habit of creating so much needless drama, e.g. Obafemi, implying that he didn't want to be capped before Obafemi's agent made the statement and Obafemi posted #AllIn, misrepresentation of the Arter situation before the whatsapp message came out, implying he didn't believe that Robinson wasn't really interesting in being involved, needless public criticism of Doherty and Meyler.

    I think basically what O'Neill really said was that he didn't get back to a call or two and then responded by text saying he couldn't make it and he inferred from that, that he was holding out for England. And then he doubled down on it again later...
    No-one is arguing that mon doesn't have personality issues himself. But the facts are Kelly was called up by the rep of Ireland and didn't answer the call.... literally.. my understanding is that a representative from reading fc told mon that Kelly was waiting for englsnd

  20. #18
    Reserves
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    461
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    20
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    72
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Widely reported that Liam Scales is going to Bristol Rovers in League 1. I had thought he was staying in Dublin to finish a degree like Farrugia.

    Could be a good move for him, will have a chance of first team football, much rather he went there than Man City, who he was also linked to. Was impressed by him in the Toulon Tournament.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Long Cox

  21. #19
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    30,272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,345
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,648
    Thanked in
    1,647 Posts
    He's finished his degree now

  22. Thanks From:


  23. #20
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,181
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    898
    Thanked in
    600 Posts
    I would have thought League One wouldn't be suited to him for now until he filled out a bit.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Attendances 2019
    By ToberonaTornado in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 985
    Last Post: 13/10/2019, 5:41 PM
  2. Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup 2019
    By patrickccfc in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 13/10/2019, 3:24 PM
  3. FAI Cup 2019
    By Johnnie C in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 13/08/2019, 11:19 AM
  4. FIFA: Ten players poised to star at Poland 2019
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21/05/2019, 3:01 AM
  5. If GAA players were SOCCER players?
    By davegaasports in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10/08/2015, 1:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •