Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Thread: Public Liability Insurance

  1. #41
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,841
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,687
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,029
    Thanked in
    3,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    If they were hit by a rugby ball in a public park how much would they get ? Is the “pain” that much worse in the Aviva ? It’s an embarrassing scam because the whole “personal injuries “ circus has become a scammers dream.
    Until the counts and insurance companies start addressing these type of scams insurance costs will continue to spiral
    Or maybe the insurance companies don't want to address them because they're a convenient excuse to raise premiums. Just like 'trouble' at LOI games is a convenient excuse for AGS to increase police presence at grounds.

  2. #42
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,150
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    110
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Regulate the legal system, stop the single school kings inns monopoly, and impose massive fines/imprisonment for those who flagrantly flout the law.
    Insurance companies used to rely on investment portfolios to make their money, not premiums as claims have always driven a hike in Irish insurance companies. the book of quantum is like a comic book these days

  3. #43
    Seasoned Pro NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gouldavoher
    Posts
    4,004
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    222
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    557
    Thanked in
    380 Posts
    Longford Greyhound Stadium closing, citing, in part, insurance costs that doubled in a year: https://www.rte.ie/sport/other-sport...unces-closure/
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

  4. Thanks From:


  5. #44
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    7,941
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,925
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    529
    Thanked in
    444 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Longford Greyhound Stadium closing, citing, in part, insurance costs that doubled in a year: https://www.rte.ie/sport/other-sport...unces-closure/
    unknown to many from 1924 to 1972 we played there and got kicked out by them for some unknown reason! fierce handy location and sad to see it going!
    Neale Fenn red and black army

  6. #45
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    10,674
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,315
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,038
    Thanked in
    1,778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    unknown to many from 1924 to 1972 we played there and got kicked out by them for some unknown reason! fierce handy location and sad to see it going!
    Given the amount of funding in Ireland for greyhound racing, having two prominent tracks closing down, both citing a lack of financial support from the Irish Greyhound Board, you have to wonder where all this funding is going?

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #46
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    30,118
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,318
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,579
    Thanked in
    1,605 Posts
    Wonder is it in any related to the "sport" losing a few sponsors after the recent RTÉ revelations? Citing "rising insurance costs" might be an easy way to close down a few of the quieter venues.

    Always thought the amount of money being put into greyhound racing was obscene here, but still, there's people out of work as a result of this, so not nice to see.

  9. #47
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    7,941
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,925
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    529
    Thanked in
    444 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Wonder is it in any related to the "sport" losing a few sponsors after the recent RTÉ revelations? Citing "rising insurance costs" might be an easy way to close down a few of the quieter venues.

    Always thought the amount of money being put into greyhound racing was obscene here, but still, there's people out of work as a result of this, so not nice to see.
    dont think so as the greyhound scene in longford has being on the downturn the last few yrs!
    Neale Fenn red and black army

  10. #48
    Reserves joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    965
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    46
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    113
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    unknown to many from 1924 to 1972 we played there and got kicked out by them for some unknown reason! fierce handy location and sad to see it going!
    This is an example of the inherent lack of joined up thinking in sport in this country,so you have a great stadium in Longfords built way out of town and this in a good location now closing! Did nobody ever think of them getting together and upgrading the dogtrack and share with the football team? You'd have the football team able to take on some costs and and be handier for people to get to......

  11. #49
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    7,941
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,925
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    529
    Thanked in
    444 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    This is an example of the inherent lack of joined up thinking in sport in this country,so you have a great stadium in Longfords built way out of town and this in a good location now closing! Did nobody ever think of them getting together and upgrading the dogtrack and share with the football team? You'd have the football team able to take on some costs and and be handier for people to get to......
    theres talk already of local based schoolboy clubs that dont have a ground of their own moving into it as I do be involved in the local underage scene . agree with you the lack of joint linked thinking between the government and different sports is shocking.
    Neale Fenn red and black army

  12. #50
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,375
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    824
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    678
    Thanked in
    448 Posts
    LSPs were set up to do away with duplicating facilities and to promote joined up thinking and generally has worked well for smaller NGBs. Unfortunately the Irish predisposition to be exclusively in control lingers still with some - imo driven by the attitude of an antiquated Athletc Association and often the wagons get circled by governing bodies that find GAA officials so intransigent. The most reluctant feckers to get to co-operate on anything certainly in Louth is the GAA and they are a complete laughing stock both within GAA and generally (would push the FAI for inepptitude and dodgy governance), South Louth GAA people are already talking about boycotts of the new County Ground in Dundalk!! You'd think the County was huge rather than just a 15-20 minute drive between the 2 urban centres.

    The old dogtrack in Dundalk couldnt have been any more central. It was used by schoolboy clubs also but that was stopped due to health and safety. Dog owners were asked to lift sh1t from the 'pitch' area at dog meets but basically refused to cooperate. As a multi use facility there was a possibility of funding for ongoing improvements to that facility but when DDSB pulled out funding was also pulled as a single use facility. Track got closed and eventually was factored in to a new development of the Racecourse. But the dog people almost lost out completely. A couple of schoolboy clubs folded as they had no pitch. It's now a shopping centre but no reason an urban park/pitch amenity couldnt have been included in the current developed area bar the lack of ability of some to not be arséwipes.

  13. #51
    Seasoned Pro outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    4,984
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    858
    Thanked in
    737 Posts
    Its closure has been coming for years. Unlike Mullingar, Dundalk etc it has no restaurant or any modern facilities at all. It was effectively a rusty old shed with a bar that sells a few cans, wouldn't be 50 people at a meeting and both the doubling of insurance and a 20,000 fire safety upgrade were the final nails in the coffin for a track that didn't feature on betting services such as SIS or TRP so it's only income was the very small local sponsorship and tiny gate receipts.


    The Donegal track is a bigger shock given its only had a 12 million upgrade in 2003 but again I haven't seen it featured on betting services and gates were obviously minimal so Same issues there.

    I know the Donegal track is now up for sale for 1.2 mill, no idea what will happen to the Longford one, it's privately owned.

  14. #52
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    7,941
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,925
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    529
    Thanked in
    444 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Its closure has been coming for years. Unlike Mullingar, Dundalk etc it has no restaurant or any modern facilities at all. It was effectively a rusty old shed with a bar that sells a few cans, wouldn't be 50 people at a meeting and both the doubling of insurance and a 20,000 fire safety upgrade were the final nails in the coffin for a track that didn't feature on betting services such as SIS or TRP so it's only income was the very small local sponsorship and tiny gate receipts.


    The Donegal track is a bigger shock given its only had a 12 million upgrade in 2003 but again I haven't seen it featured on betting services and gates were obviously minimal so Same issues there.

    I know the Donegal track is now up for sale for 1.2 mill, no idea what will happen to the Longford one, it's privately owned.
    theres talk that one of the longford schoolboy teams could be moving into it! I wouldnt be surprised if its Melview!
    Neale Fenn red and black army

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Car Insurance
    By Mad Moose in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14/08/2017, 3:57 PM
  2. Election 2007: Is Bertie a liability?
    By pete in forum Current Affairs
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 16/05/2007, 7:45 PM
  3. Insurance
    By Danny in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13/07/2006, 1:52 PM
  4. Ebay Buyer's Liability
    By Fair_play_boy in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02/05/2005, 1:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •