Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 91 of 91

Thread: LOI fixtures 14th/15th June

  1. #81
    The Cheeto God Real ale Madrid's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    3,568
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    391
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,295
    Thanked in
    641 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Its is indeed fantastic to get that exposure. If only our Association rowed in behind the product.. though there is some satisfaction in getting some publicity irrespective of the contempt the FAI shows the league!
    Did the FAI account even retweet it?
    If a dog weighs under 50 lbs it's a cat, and cats are useless.

  2. #82
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,362
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    824
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    678
    Thanked in
    448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Have to correct you here because Rovers are in the top two....
    and that 8 or maybe 9 teams have the 4th highest budget!

  3. #83
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    249
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Have to correct you here because Rovers are in the top two....
    That's what I said. the two clubs with the lowest budgets are the bottom two in the league and the two clubs with the highest budgets are the top 2.

  4. #84
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,270
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    336
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    583
    Thanked in
    381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    That's what I said. the two clubs with the lowest budgets are the bottom two in the league and the two clubs with the highest budgets are the top 2.
    This is an egalitarian League, EVERYONE has the 4th highest budget I read it on this forum so it must be true !
    Bohemian FC The Big Club since 1890

    From the Cradle to the Grave - BTID

  5. #85
    Reserves Calcio Jack's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    719
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    55
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Making me feel old now.Memory playing tricks.Thought it was later than 74. Mitched off school to on a Wednesday afternoon, pre flood lights in Milltown.Could have sworn Johnny Fulham played the whole season for us in 74.Did Mick Leach not go to Waterford the year before.?
    Apart from the Grimes goal, my abiding memory of the day is that a few of us Bohs kids started celibrating upstairs on the bus back to town when a well known Rovers fan , and An Poblacht seller outside the GPO, came upstairs, gave us a murderous look, but then quiely said"fair enough" and went back downstairs, to our young relief.

    As you say CJ, what goes around comes around.Enough years of grief and humiliation behind me to enjoy the brief bright spells.

    I’m open to correction re the year - re the well known Rovers fan, harmless fella , he was in so many ‘fights’ *we ended up nicknaming him ‘braindead’, not sure is he still around but when we moved to Tallaght for a few seasons fans used to do a collection to pay for his season ticket which meant the world to him poor soul-


    * on one occasion late 70s when Spurs were playing a pre-season friendly in Dayler , the Spurs fans had taken over the shed- Paddy and one of his mates armed with a golf club charged the shed to reclaim it- the Gardai then waded in and beat/arrested the troublemakers ( a few Spurs fans)

  6. #86
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,556
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    24
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    268
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Sadly I had to suffer the pain of seeing both goals you refer to above- think the Grimes goal was 1974- that was the season Rovers dispensed with their whole squad aside from Johnny Fulham & Leech and replaced them with a squad of 18 year olds (including Alan O’Neill) . The first game finished 1-1 (Leech) but then we were hammered 4-0 in the replay, Grimes did score a cracker but it wasn’t as good as last Friday’s goal - and I was just as angry then as I was last Friday- the big difference being in 1974 we were the underdogs - but the one constant is that over time each of us will have periods of dominance in derbies so enjoy your current moment in the sun - and when we next best you it will be our turn to brag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    I’m open to correction re the year - re the well known Rovers fan, harmless fella , he was in so many ‘fights’ *we ended up nicknaming him ‘braindead’, not sure is he still around but when we moved to Tallaght for a few seasons fans used to do a collection to pay for his season ticket which meant the world to him poor soul-


    * on one occasion late 70s when Spurs were playing a pre-season friendly in Dayler , the Spurs fans had taken over the shed- Paddy and one of his mates armed with a golf club charged the shed to reclaim it- the Gardai then waded in and beat/arrested the troublemakers ( a few Spurs fans)
    Spurs v Bohs, Ardiles and Ricky Villa made their debut believe it or not.
    Paddy was that man alright.!

  7. #87
    First Team TonyD's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Planet Football
    Posts
    1,790
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    92
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    163
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    This is an egalitarian League, EVERYONE has the 4th highest budget I read it on this forum so it must be true !
    It's a hotly contested title alright. I think we held it at one stage
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

  8. #88
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,270
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    336
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    583
    Thanked in
    381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    It's a hotly contested title alright. I think we held it at one stage
    I think EVERYONE held it. At the same time 😉

  9. #89
    Reserves mcgonigle's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    863
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    214
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    That's what I said. the two clubs with the lowest budgets are the bottom two in the league and the two clubs with the highest budgets are the top 2.
    Sbgawa will be along shortly to educate you, sit tight

  10. #90
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,362
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    824
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    678
    Thanked in
    448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Spurs v Bohs, Ardiles and Ricky Villa made their debut believe it or not.
    Paddy was that man alright.!
    This is a potential thread in itself. While not so illustrious as Ardiles or Villa and I say that considering the chap has Champions League medals Steve McManaman made his debut in a friendly against Dundalk. When the announcer called the substitution many of the well schooled Liverpool fans in the vicinity scoffed and laughed thinking it was Steve McMahon that was meant and it was a Dundalkism or an eccentric PA announcer mumbling the name. The majority of the crowd where I was behind the Carrick Goal seemed to be from North so whether that had anything to do with the confusion I dunno. What I do remember was the crush and kids, I was 12/13, being helped over the perimeter fence to the touchline for safety, that was '91 I think so considering the recent history of Liverpool then it was a bit ropey. I vaguely remember the attendance being given as 12k and it really wasnt a 'safe holding capacity' if that was accurate! Apart from ticket sales there was definitely cash being taken at the turnstiles so 12k was certainly possible and maybe more there. It still baffles me on how 18k or so were rammed in to essentially the same ground as today for the EC Cup game v Celtic and UEFA Cup game v Spurs not so long after.

  11. #91
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    218
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Making me feel old now.Memory playing tricks.Thought it was later than 74. Mitched off school to on a Wednesday afternoon, pre flood lights in Milltown.Could have sworn Johnny Fulham played the whole season for us in 74.Did Mick Leach not go to Waterford the year before.?
    Apart from the Grimes goal, my abiding memory of the day is that a few of us Bohs kids started celibrating upstairs on the bus back to town when a well known Rovers fan , and An Poblacht seller outside the GPO, came upstairs, gave us a murderous look, but then quiely said"fair enough" and went back downstairs, to our young relief.

    As you say CJ, what goes around comes around.Enough years of grief and humiliation behind me to enjoy the brief bright spells.
    The Chap in question is alive and well i meet up with him every now again at a mens shed type morning. He does not go to Tallaght as much but any time i meet him its all about Rovers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. LOI fixtures 14th & 15th April
    By ToberonaTornado in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 15/04/2017, 10:21 PM
  2. 2017 Predictions League: Series 9 [14th/15th April]
    By TheBoss in forum Predictions League
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 14/04/2017, 5:41 PM
  3. All Limerick Games off this Weekend - 14th-15th November 2009
    By BigfeetBigsocks in forum Junior League
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14/11/2009, 10:49 AM
  4. The Specials - Olympia Nov. 14th & 15th
    By The Good Son in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25/07/2009, 7:10 PM
  5. Fixtures/Results: w/e 14th June 2009
    By FlapjackJoe in forum A Championship
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15/06/2009, 9:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •