Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixtures 31/5

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Jesus we are truly awful. Please just p1ss off Kenny , you clueless moron.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Watching us defend is driving me to drink,dear god how can we be so bad....
    To be fair both defenses were dreadful 😁 worst standard of play I’ve seen in the premier division this season.
    Bohs had just a little more class (mainly Mandroiu) to get the points. Delighted for Swanny to finally get a couple of goals.
    Eminently forgettable match - Sunday league stuff all around.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I’m not sure how we contrived to miss all of our chances in Tolka tonight. On top for 70 minutes of the game and well on top for most of the second half but if we can’t finish clear cut chances we’re not going to get the results that the performances merit. I was decidedly unimpressed with Shels for the money they’ve spent, bar a bright opening. Big game on Monday for us now.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Is that 12 or 13 penalties in the league for Dundalk this season now?
    Not sure RH, we thought it was 10 for the first one tonight, then again not even sure why the second one was given.

Mountney with a hatrick, unreal, this guy seems to play himself out of the team every year, then come back with performances like this just in time for europe.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Not sure RH, we thought it was 10 for the first one tonight, then again not even sure why the second one was given.

Mountney with a hatrick, unreal, this guy seems to play himself out of the team every year, then come back with performances like this just in time for europe.

Just checked and its 12, according to stats going back to 2007 that's the joint record for the league with Drogheda in 2013 I think it was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Mountney would frustrate the absolute arse of ya!!
    Fair play to Hoban for giving -up his pen to him to get the hat-trick

The only surprise about tonight's match was that we weren't ahead by more than 1 goal at h/t We played well & created some great chances.Sligo were stout in resistance that half and created some good chances of their own
    then.. PENALY DUNDALK - and it was.
    Dundalk laboured at times especcially at the start of the 2nd half but Sligo hadnt the manpower to take advantage and after Hoban scored our 1Million th pen of the saeason Dundalk took full control

Shoutout to Hoban for letting Mountney get his hat trick.

Psychological edge now with Dundalk.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    I’m not sure how we contrived to miss all of our chances in Tolka tonight. On top for 70 minutes of the game and well on top for most of the second half but if we can’t finish clear cut chances we’re not going to get the results that the performances merit. I was decidedly unimpressed with Shels for the money they’ve spent, bar a bright opening. Big game on Monday for us now.
    We're top of the league without hardly any impressive performances, manager and team still look like they're trying to figure it out but aside from the galacticos like Kilduff, Ryan Brennan, Conan Byrne, the rest of our squad is first division standard fodder. We were missing our first 3 choice centre-halfs, our first choice right-back, I thought we did very last night considering our sticking-plaster back-line who includes an inexperienced 2nd choice goalkeeper and I don't think Longford were anywhere near as dominant last night as you are making it out to be
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    On a side note, is the Harps/UCD/everyone else gap a sign of big problems with the First Division? OK, the gap has never been this big before, but while there's a bit of a boom in the Premier, the Graveyard seems to be getting worse. You wonder what can/should be done about that. The Quinn consortium are talking about extra teams in the league, which is laudable, but at the moment completely pie in the sky. Fewer teams seems more likely.
    The first division is bad, but I don't feel it's quite as bad as 2015-2017 seasons but it's a mile off the standards from 2008-2011

The entire league has become fractured in standards, looks to me there are 3 divisions in Premier and 2 divisions in the First. Any 'boom' is ringfenced to Dundalk, Rovers and Bohs, otherwise the rest of the LOI is just poor and regressing
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    It was given for a foul by Kyle McFadden on Pat Hoban at the penalty box
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 01/06/2019 at 10:54 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Injury time indicated is always a minimum though. The ref can add an extra few seconds if he deems fit. If the goal now is only 15 seconds over (allowing for a minute of timewasting in injury time), then to me there's no real complaints.
    You’re spot on. I was at the match but it’s interesting to watch the injury time on the recording, with an eye on the clock. Minimum of 3 minutes shown on board. Substitution makes it 3.30. Goal scored on 4.09 so there’s 39 secs to account for. Ref has to intervene for timewasting twice in injury time. First the player being subbed tried to drag it out and the ref has to go over to him and tell him to stop messing. Then Sheppard kicks the ball away at a throw-in and ref goes over and books him. More than enough justification for 39 secs in that. And it’s hilarious to see the two alleged experts on the RTE panel being adamant that nothing happened in injury time to add anything to the 3 mins. Even Peter Collins, not exactly the Einstein of anchormen, called them out on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    You’re spot on. I was at the match but it’s interesting to watch the injury time on the recording, with an eye on the clock. Minimum of 3 minutes shown on board. Substitution makes it 3.30. Goal scored on 4.09 so there’s 39 secs to account for. Ref has to intervene for timewasting twice in injury time. First the player being subbed tried to drag it out and the ref has to go over to him and tell him to stop messing. Then Sheppard kicks the ball away at a throw-in and ref goes over and books him. More than enough justification for 39 secs in that. And it’s hilarious to see the two alleged experts on the RTE panel being adamant that nothing happened in injury time to add anything to the 3 mins. Even Peter Collins, not exactly the Einstein of anchormen, called them out on it.
    Almost make you believe in karma 😁 Cork served up a shocking display of time wasting at Dalymount and got away with it. Would be nice to see refs add extra time in all such instances, too often it doesn’t happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Kenny has us playing some absolute garbage ffs. Being on tele hopefully put it in perspective for supporters of other clubs that have only really seen our league position and assumed it wasn't that bad. The crowd says it all, around 4000 at the corresponding fixture at the start of the season...to that. We need putting out of our misery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Whats the buzz with Brandon Miele, Pats fans? No sign of him lately

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Thats a joke to be honest. Ref added a well over a minute onto the additional 3 minutes. There was nothing in the 3 minutes to add on. One yellow card.
    That said, we shouldn't be letting them get a chance there.

Conor McCarthys interview after the game was classic, one of the funniest things you'll see on RTÉ all year.
    Damn right it was a joke. Ruined my fiver treble bet of Dlk / Bohs / Cork !

I just fancied you boys to get a decent result. Watched the game back. No way was there that additional time.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Damn right it was a joke. Ruined my fiver treble bet of Dlk / Bohs / Cork !

I just fancied you boys to get a decent result. Watched the game back. No way was there that additional time.
    So you watched it back.... but were you blinded by the tears of your lost bet?

Which of these did you not see:

- the board for a minimum of 3 mins
    - the substitution in injury time, adding 30 secs
    - the referee having to go to the player who was being substituted to tell him to stop delaying and get off the pitch - therefore time added for timewasting
    - Sheppard kicking the ball away at a throw-in and being booked for timewasting - therefore more time added
    - the goal being scored on 94.09 which is 39 seconds after the minimum 3.30 - that 39 secs coming from the two instances of timewasting that the ref correctly allowed for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    It was very late when I watched the match back, and in hindsight that was correct re Sheppard kicking it away, time was going to be added on for that and maybe the subs, fair enough.

Prob fair enough on Pats come to think of it after last weeks injury time loss, Cork at least got a point.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    We're top of the league without hardly any impressive performances, manager and team still look like they're trying to figure it out but aside from the galacticos like Kilduff, Ryan Brennan, Conan Byrne, the rest of our squad is first division standard fodder. We were missing our first 3 choice centre-halfs, our first choice right-back, I thought we did very last night considering our sticking-plaster back-line who includes an inexperienced 2nd choice goalkeeper and I don't think Longford were anywhere near as dominant last night as you are making it out to be
    Well it certainly felt that way at the game though looking back on it now we did struggle to create much aside from the two or three clear chances that we missed. I don’t recall Steacy having much to do apart from the save from the rebound off the post early on.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    Whats the buzz with Brandon Miele, Pats fans? No sign of him lately
    Have been wondering the same. Currently m.i.a
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Kenny has us playing some absolute garbage ffs. Being on tele hopefully put it in perspective for supporters of other clubs that have only really seen our league position and assumed it wasn't that bad. The crowd says it all, around 4000 at the corresponding fixture at the start of the season...to that. We need putting out of our misery.
    Have to agree sadly. I don't think there is any problem with the commitment of the players, as was shown last night, but we have a decent squad and should be favourites to grab third spot, on paper at least. The reality is we haven't played anywhere near that level all season.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    I was discussing just this with another Limerick fan a few weeks ago.

The division is brutal beyond belief. The football is atrocious. Maybe I didn't notice it last time as we won the division so easily, but I can see it now.

We are broke and woeful, and we are very competitive in the division.
    We discussed this on our pod a few weeks ago, the standard is absolutely woeful

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast