Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Snooker Championships.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

World Snooker Championships.

I like the look of Mark Williams so far...he's in devastating form. This lad Sean Murphy I think thats his name anyway is certainly putting it up to them, and as an outside bet I might throw a sneaky fiver on Matthew Stevens.

Who do you fancy??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think Steven Hendry looks pretty unstoppable.. dunno what odds you'd get for him though
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    O'Sullivan is such an ignorant c**t . As long as he doesn't win I don't care who does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGKyne
    O'Sullivan is such an ignorant c**t . As long as he doesn't win I don't care who does.
    Explain!
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    I like the look of Mark Williams so far...he's in devastating form.
    Three morning century breaks set up Ian McCulloch for a tense 13-12 win over former champion Mark Williams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops
    Explain!
    Just listen to his interview's after his matches this year. he said after his win over Carter that when he won last year 2 hours later he felt nothing not even excited that he won his 2nd world championship. Most players would love to be as talented as him and all he does is complain that his had a hard life and he is looking forward to quitting but yet he never does.
    He sickens me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Just listen to his interview's after his matches this year. he said after his win over Carter that when he won last year 2 hours later he felt nothing not even excited that he won his 2nd world championship.
    What can he do about that? He didn't feel excited, I'm sure he'd love to be feeling over the moon for weeks after it. I haven't a clue how he can be called arrogant for having a messed up head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I never seen anything like today's match between Ebdon and Ronnie. Ebdon spent 5 minutes and 30 seconds on a simple break of 12. That is longer than Ronnie's 147. He was obviously trying to annoy O'Sullivan so Ronnie wouldn't move from his seat when Ebdon missed a pot and sat down. Ebdon wouldn't look at Ronnie and while Ronnie was breaking his shíte laughing, Ebdon wouldn't crack a smile.

Then a few minutes later Ronnie missed a pot and was about to concede the frame but just about stopped himself. In the same frame again Ronnie hit a red and it looked like touching ball. It obviously wasn't as the ref didn't call it but Ebdon asked the ref to have a look again. The ref didn't change his mind and Ebdon kept looking to see if it was touching. Ronnie got up off his seat and looked at it. He said to Ebdon it clearly wasn't touching and sat down in his seat with a smile on his face.

The crowd were really reluctant to clap Ebdon and the commentators and pundits were saying he had went a bit far. He has made a terrible name for himself with 1 game of snooker, just after he had got a good name back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    What can he do about that? He didn't feel excited, I'm sure he'd love to be feeling over the moon for weeks after it. I haven't a clue how he can be called arrogant for having a messed up head.
    If he doesn't enjoy playin' snooker, then why does he?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If he doesn't enjoy playin' snooker, then why does he?
    I never said he didn't enjoy it. Of course he goes through spells where he doesn't. It wouldn't matter where he worked he'd still go through spells of depression, its just him. Anyway, would you give up such a well paid job?

Formerly: dublinharp carrickharp's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    I never seen anything like today's match between Ebdon and Ronnie. Ebdon spent 5 minutes and 30 seconds on a simple break of 12. That is longer than Ronnie's 147. He was obviously trying to annoy O'Sullivan so Ronnie wouldn't move from his seat when Ebdon missed a pot and sat down. Ebdon wouldn't look at Ronnie and while Ronnie was breaking his shíte laughing, Ebdon wouldn't crack a smile.

Then a few minutes later Ronnie missed a pot and was about to concede the frame but just about stopped himself. In the same frame again Ronnie hit a red and it looked like touching ball. It obviously wasn't as the ref didn't call it but Ebdon asked the ref to have a look again. The ref didn't change his mind and Ebdon kept looking to see if it was touching. Ronnie got up off his seat and looked at it. He said to Ebdon it clearly wasn't touching and sat down in his seat with a smile on his face.

The crowd were really reluctant to clap Ebdon and the commentators and pundits were saying he had went a bit far. He has made a terrible name for himself with 1 game of snooker, just after he had got a good name back.
    It worked for him anyway, snooker is boring enough without this man making it worse.
    “Jockey Wilson . . . What an athlete.” - Sid Waddell
    www.donegaldarts.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    "I probably won't play next year. I'll take a year off. I'll let you know before the season starts, but I'm 90% positive.
    It's not an irrational decision. I've been thinking about this for quite a while and maybe it'll be good for me.
    I need to see a few people to see if it's worth coming back next year. Maybe if I have a year off and am quite happy I have another year off.
    It breaks my heart to have to turn my back on the game. But I have to put myself first. It's not making me happy, mentally and physically it's taking its toll.
    It may be the case I'm saying goodbye. You all have a special place in my heart. Thank you for your support."

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Schedule for today

Semi-final
    Shaun Murphy v Peter Ebdon (1400 BST)
    Matthew Stevens v Ian McCulloch (1830 BST)
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I like the look of Mark Williams so far...he's in devastating form. This lad Sean Murphy I think thats his name anyway is certainly putting it up to them, and as an outside bet I might throw a sneaky fiver on Matthew Stevens.

Who do you fancy??
    I got the Mark Williams thing wrong, but have a €10 on Stevens @ 10/1 and €5 each way on Murphy @18/1. Ideally I need both of them in the final, with Stevens winning, but knowing my luck.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinharp
    It worked for him anyway, snooker is boring enough without this man making it worse.
    He was quite up front about it last night when interviewed. He said thats how pressure affects him, and he sounded pretty sincere about it. He said it just slows him down and makes him play that way. Anyway, he broke no rules, so give the man a break for christs sake. He played a very conservative game which messed Ronnies rhythm up, and to me thats good tactical play.O'Sullivan made more enforced errors than him, and at the end of the day he cracked because he didn't get things all his own way. Neither did Ebdon earlier in the game and at 10-6 down, but he showed resolve...thats why he's through, and fair play to him. I hope he had a few quid on himself at 33/1 at that stage in the match, O'Sullivan was 1/50 to win it.I'm sure he doesn't give a toss how pretty he looks or how fast he plays...he just wants to win at all costs and you gotta admire that.
    Last edited by joeSoap; 28/04/2005 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    joeSoap, did you see the match? I seen the match and I seen Ebdon's interview and while it seemed like he was being sincere I am 110% sure he wasn't. You really would have to see him when he told the ref the balls were touching. He knew quite well the balls weren't were touching but spent the best part of a minute trying to wreck Ronnie's head. Ronnie got out of his seat and it took him 2 seconds to see the gap between the balls. He was deliberately slowing his game down to mess with Ronnie and it isn't good for the game. As soon as it looked like Ebdon was going to make a big break I just switched channels and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

OK, pressure may make him slow his game down but come on. He was taking ages on shots and then he would see Ronnie move in his seat. He would then tell the ref to clean the cue ball. Actually, he must have told the ref to clean the ball 3 times during his 12 break.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 28/04/2005 at 10:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    So...he upset a few people...so what?? He broke no rules, and is out for himself, nobody else. This isn't a team game, its an individual battle of skill and wits. He psyched out his opponent, forcing him into terrible play, and was very pernickety and boring.....Again, I'll say, so what!! And what rules did he break??

Get over it Ronnie, take your beating and pick up your rattle....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    It's called [SIZE=5]Gamesmanship[/SIZE]bad form maybe, but not illegal..

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    They should introduce that time frame thing they did a few years ago....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Get over it Ronnie, take your beating and pick up your rattle....
    Eh, you mustn't have seen Ronnie's interviews? He was full of praise for Ebdon.

BTW - Deliberate slow play is illegal. They were saying on BBC that Ebdon should have been warned for slow play yesterday. Time wasting and diving in football is accepted by fans on the continent. I don't think deliberately turning a game into a dire specticle to upset your opponent is the kind of thing that we should accept. Not a lot of people would want to watch Ebdon make a century the way he was playing yesterday. It was more exciting looking at Ronnie falling asleep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast