Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Junior Soccer in Cork

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior10 View Post
    The business league should get juicier too. Will have a number of extra teams. After the damage Satellite Taxis did to the msl teams last season they’ll all believe they can repeat that with a bit of commitment to training. See fellas mentioning that nipper won the double with Quinlans. Very well played but don’t forget they finished fourth in the league so you have UCC, Satellite Taxis and Doolans with very strong Cork Junior squads as well.
    Well if you look at it your way that double sounds like a great achievement he done it everywhere he's managed to be fair to him.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I’d take winning 2 cups over finishing 2nd or 3rd any day

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great achievement hence why I said well played, wasn't criticising at all. Just stating that 3 teams finished higher in the league so from a business league point of view that shows how strong is now. You have the last 2 x prem winners, Satellite that knocked Ringmahon's main junior team out of the munster junior and Quinlans that won a double.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Did i hear correctly that Paulie gone from Glen Celtic? Won a double and gone again?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Great achievement hence why I said well played, wasn't criticising at all. Just stating that 3 teams finished higher in the league so from a business league point of view that shows how strong is now. You have the last 2 x prem winners, Satellite that knocked Ringmahon's main junior team out of the munster junior and Quinlans that won a double.
    Im hearing kilumney are team of the year can anyone confirm that lads.coming from where they were a few seasons back its a monumental achievement well done to all there

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    Im hearing kilumney are team of the year can anyone confirm that lads.coming from where they were a few seasons back its a monumental achievement well done to all there
    What did they win? A presidents cup and?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    What did they win? A presidents cup and?
    Won a double ...league aswell .

8. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Kilumney are team of the year and paulie is gone form Glen Celtic.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    All the the divisions are up on the MSL website with Lakewood and Carrigtwohills both teams included.
    Also noticed that Ballinhassig has two teams there now so is that another team gone?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    All the the divisions are up on the MSL website with Lakewood and Carrigtwohills both teams included.
    Also noticed that Ballinhassig has two teams there now so is that another team gone?
    Let's call a spade a spade when leeside kinsale and wilton left few years ago it left a void ...a bit of dominance by park and kilumney under fehily and coachford kept it a bit competitive but after 3or 4 seasons it dipped more ...so the league is in a bad way now my opinion ther lucky to have knocka and gratan also it could improve with macroom and coachford coming again and the glen and 1or 2 others.here for a good season .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I see glen reporting a big win at the weekend against satellite from the Cbsl.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    I do often think what is the point in playing teams that are clearly beneath a team in terms of ability? Just for a run out ? To ease a team back into it in terms of fitness?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Let's call a spade a spade when leeside kinsale and wilton left few years ago it left a void ...a bit of dominance by park and kilumney under fehily and coachford kept it a bit competitive but after 3or 4 seasons it dipped more ...so the league is in a bad way now my opinion ther lucky to have knocka and gratan also it could improve with macroom and coachford coming again and the glen and 1or 2 others.here for a good season .
    agree with you . standard has been on a bit of a slide now for a few years .

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    The business league should get juicier too. Will have a number of extra teams. After the damage Satellite Taxis did to the msl teams last season they’ll all believe they can repeat that with a bit of commitment to training. See fellas mentioning that nipper won the double with Quinlans. Very well played but don’t forget they finished fourth in the league so you have UCC, Satellite Taxis and Doolans with very strong Cork Junior squads as well.
    The real question here is - is the business league improving or the other two junior leagues getting worse?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I do often think what is the point in playing teams that are clearly beneath a team in terms of ability? Just for a run out ? To ease a team back into it in terms of fitness?
    You would have to say fitness...but the quality should and would be up game by game .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great side

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    My buddies old man manages them and they are a great side. Supposed to have a got quality new striker too. They beat Abtran 7-4 as well so maybe need to beef up at the back. Only preseason though so pretty meaningless I suppose.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    The real question here is - is the business league improving or the other two junior leagues getting worse?
    Any mossi groups and league set ups available.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    My buddies old man manages them and they are a great side. Supposed to have a got quality new striker too. They beat Abtran 7-4 as well so maybe need to beef up at the back. Only preseason though so pretty meaningless I suppose.
    if the quality new striker is Stevo Mulryan then Im not sure if he is more trouble than he is worth. He has more clubs than Tiger Woods . The Glen are a decent side at best. Definitely wouldnt call them a great side. They do have a few very good players though Pa Long , Gary Nolan and John Corcoran. With Paulie retired be interesting to see how they get on.
    Last edited by JaketheSnake; 31/07/2019 at 10:42 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    beef up ....sure theres 3 of the best center backs in the Aul in skilly barry and cal in that side.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    beef up ....sure theres 3 of the best center backs in the Aul in skilly barry and cal in that side.
    3 of the best centre halfs in the aul? Would ya come off the stage, says it all about them if playing aul 1 to win a medal is your motivation for the "3 best centre halfs" in the aul

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast