Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Junior Soccer in Cork

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Looks like greenwood b gone also a shame to see teams being pulled so late.

A lot of teams gone from the AUL in the last 12 months.
    What happens to all these players?
    Do they just stop playing?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftside View Post
    Grattan B games have all been cancelled on the AUL site.

Wonks Corcoran gone from The Glen to Abtran in the shipping league. Great signing for them, big loss to The Glen!
    Thats a bit of a drop for a good player like Wonks . With Paulie gone makes sense that he went though?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post

Thats the AUL down to just over 50 clubs . Thats some drop over the last few years in the numbers of clubs/teams . The end is near for the AUL.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post

Knocknaheeny and temple were the big winners for those players .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Jordan O Conor also on goal for Abtran too this year. He’s a good keeper

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Aoh draw made ..stand out tie temple v city wanders last season's beaten finalist.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    Thats the AUL down to just over 50 clubs . Thats some drop over the last few years in the numbers of clubs/teams . The end is near for the AUL.
    Having watched at least 3 mossi games it's time to restructure. I think it would help out clubs big time and the league ...top 4 in prem and premA straight into last 8 the carrot of 2 games from the cross would make both div's competitive right to the end of season ...fai and mjc restricted to prem .. premA and div 1 and I also would give something back to clubs to help with cost 500 euro prem winners 400 to premA and so on also cash for cup wins ..aul are taking in huge money and give very little back ..won't happen as less game less cards and less money for them time to make it about the clubs after all all they are just minding and managing the organisation.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    Having watched at least 3 mossi games it's time to restructure. I think it would help out clubs big time and the league ...top 4 in prem and premA straight into last 8 the carrot of 2 games from the cross would make both div's competitive right to the end of season ...fai and mjc restricted to prem .. premA and div 1 and I also would give something back to clubs to help with cost 500 euro prem winners 400 to premA and so on also cash for cup wins ..aul are taking in huge money and give very little back ..won't happen as less game less cards and less money for them time to make it about the clubs after all all they are just minding and managing the organisation.
    So you are saying 4th in Prem A should be rewarded more than the 5th team in the Premier in terms of the Mossie? That wouldnt be fair to be honest. I say run it as an open draw , names in a hat and off ye go like all the other cups in the AUL . But clubs voted against that . Prize money I think is a brilliant idea and should be given but the AUL will never do that . They will never make things about the clubs . It is all about them

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    So you are saying 4th in Prem A should be rewarded more than the 5th team in the Premier in terms of the Mossie? That wouldnt be fair to be honest. I say run it as an open draw , names in a hat and off ye go like all the other cups in the AUL . But clubs voted against that . Prize money I think is a brilliant idea and should be given but the AUL will never do that . They will never make things about the clubs . It is all about them
    reason for rewarding is teams in both div's have something to play for and with 2 games to go u won't get half a team playin title contenders also less games so league can start early minimise back log .

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    reason for rewarding is teams in both div's have something to play for and with 2 games to go u won't get half a team playin title contenders also less games so league can start early minimise back log .
    You missed my point . Why should a team that are 4th in Prem A go into the last 8 of the mossie ahead of a team that is 5th in the Premier? Its surely more of an achievement to be 5th in the Premier than it is to be 4th in Prem A?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    You missed my point . Why should a team that are 4th in Prem A go into the last 8 of the mossie ahead of a team that is 5th in the Premier? Its surely more of an achievement to be 5th in the Premier than it is to be 4th in Prem A?
    Of course it's a bigger achievement what I propose it helping to uphold the integrity of both leagues you won't have half teams playing a team on top thus reward the cheasing pack .but in sport there's winners and loser s and just having a quarter final cuts down mossi games

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Hi new to this ..only stopped playing in aul. And its dieing on its feet as we speak.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Have taken in a few mossie linnane games in last few days and they seem very competitive .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Some interesting results in aul over weekend..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Mossie linnane..

Of course it's a bigger achievement what I propose it helping to uphold the integrity of both leagues you won't have half teams playing a team on top thus reward the cheasing pack .but in sport there's winners and loser s and just having a quarter final cuts down mossi games
    To be fair the mossie is a good pre league competition for premier and premier A.. but playing final at end of season last year was a joke

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    It is actually been a slow start to the aul this season. ive went to a few mossie games ..im new to this haveing finished playing last season

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    You still missed my point . Run it as a knockout competition same as every other cup if you want to reduce games . You cannot say to a team 5th in the Premier "Sorry you didnt qualify for the Mossie because you came 5th but a team that was 9 places below you in league position between Prem and Prem A did based on their 4th place in Prem A

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    My main point your missing is make both league more competitive...nothing worse then teams rolling over with 3 or 4 games to go ... though luck on who finished 5th .

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    But they way you suggest doing it would actually make the Mossie less competitive as again you would hope that the 5th place team in the Premier would be better than the 4th in the Prem A yet the 5th placed Prem team are out of the Mossi by your method.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    But they way you suggest doing it would actually make the Mossie less competitive as again you would hope that the 5th place team in the Premier would be better than the 4th in the Prem A yet the 5th placed Prem team are out of the Mossi by your method.
    And the message is the premier title must be won not given to after all that's the title everyone wants

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast