Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Knight (M Bristol City b.2001)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Playing today against Norwich in a more central and unfamiliar holding midfielder role. It looks like he has been given the task to help protect the defence and has started in place of the highly rated Bird who is on the bench. He has looked good so far, solid but unspectacular I'd say.

He has shown an impressive turn of pace when he breaks on a few occasions which has drawn some fouls and helped relieve Derby when they've been under pressure.

Just an update. He's been very good second half. One of Derby's best players. He has a really good engine. Still making bursts forward with pace in the latter part of the game.

His lone 50 metre run forward earned the freekick from which Derby scored.
    Last edited by youngirish; 03/10/2020 at 2:18 PM.

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Agree, looks much better in central role. Was good today. Don’t think holding role is overly unfamiliar to him, we know he’s a natural combative central midfielder. Today, he sat nicely, showed save range of passing, was disruptive, but was able to get forward with his surging runs including his game winning one that you described.

Has he being playing centrally all this season? He developed nicely last season on the wing, but is a central midfielder as we’ve agreed upon

4. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    He was excellent today. We need to be patient with him because he's still only 19, but he seems to have everything you would want from a box to box midfielder, good tackler, passer, has pace, scores goals and gets assists too. Also seems to have a great attitude and drive to succeed based on interviews with him that I've seen.

Probably a year or more away from challenging for a place in the senior team but he has massive potential if he continues at his current rate of development.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    I didn't see the match but have seen him a couple of times. One thing I like is that Cocu consistently starts him. He has started Jason the first four games of the season in the league. I know he got plenty games last year and, as Eirambler states, he has a broad skillset. It bodes very well for this lad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Closing in on 50 first team championship appearances now. And now established in centre midfield and still only 19. Amazing achievement. Here’s his finish today from rebound. Parrott cuts in and has a shot at 1:08

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rE5KCTUCmG0

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Closing in on 50 first team championship appearances now. And now established in centre midfield and still only 19. Amazing achievement. Here’s his finish today from rebound. Parrott cuts in and has a shot at 1:08

No surprise the only ‘highlight’ of that game isn’t in the video. The world moves on and Millwall remains stuck in the Middle Ages...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post

And seven goals to go with that.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    What would you say jason knight thinks of this conversation guys!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Third of the season for Knight against Birmingham: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55406582

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Linked with a move to Burnley according to the Sun, (03.01.21, pg. 57).

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Would rather he stayed at Derby and held out for a better move if the only option is Burnley - not a style of football that I'd want probably our best young midfielder to be playing. He's capable of going higher up the ladder than that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    One thing I will say about Dyche is that he consistently seeks, signs and plays Irish players. Given how thin the squad is, Knight would surely get plenty of minutes.

17. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Burnley could be an interesting option depending on the plans of the new owners. Dyche has definitely been pragmatic in his approach. I'm not sure how much of that has been informed by the necessity for them to be prudent in the transfer market. If there's cash there from the new owners then it isn't a bad move.

I had a look at the Derby fan's forum and a couple of posters have commented on the speculation and one states they could have a battle to hold onto him and another states Burnley is below him and that they would expect a scramble for him.

At 19 and with the side on an upward curve under a legend like Rooney, you would have to think that he would be better off riding out the January window and his 20th birthday and re-assessing in the summer.

19. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    I would say, however, that there are a few pressing sides in the Premiership that I could see him at. His high energy style, coupled with his qualities on the ball would surely suit Leeds and Southampton.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Twitter full of comments linking him to Palace and West Ham as well. Fair play to him, he has done the business in the Championship and is looking at a Premier League move at 19 that is based as much on his performances as well as obviously his potential.

Burnley - like I posted above I wouldn't want this move for him just based on his they set up. I'm not sure it's the best place for a young midfielder to develop his game.

Palace - a decent established EPL team but one where he would be likely to get game time. Would probably be competing with the likes of 33 year old James McArthur for a first team place. James McCarthy there as well of course but may well be on the way out of the club anyway.

West Ham - potentially another decent option but maybe a more difficult team to get game time at initially with the likes of Rice, Noble and Soucek in midfield. Conor Coventry is there as well obviously but needs a loan move out anyway as he isn't that near the first team.

I do think he has obvious Premier League quality but I didn't expect a move to be on the cards as soon as this.

22. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    Linked with a move to Burnley according to the Sun, (03.01.21, pg. 57).
    I'm really interested to know, did you just copy and paste that or did you get hold of a hard copy in California?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    One thing I will say about Dyche is that he consistently seeks, signs and plays Irish players. Given how thin the squad is, Knight would surely get plenty of minutes.
    I agree with you but I don't think any of our players have really got better under him. Remains to be seen with Jimmy Dunne but Long has never broken through (injuries played a part) and Hendrick and Brady (injuries again) plateaued. Ward is maybe the only one you could argue improved at Burnley but he was already towards the end.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I'm really interested to know, did you just copy and paste that or did you get hold of a hard copy in California?
    Haha good question. Read it on a Burnley forum and just copied and pasted the info. I trust the poster though, he's their version of tets.

I'm a Liverpool supporter but I put a large (for me, anyway) bet on Burnley getting relegated from the Premier League in 2014/15. I ended up following them, originally hoping they'd lose every match and I'd win the bet. I did, in fact, win, as they were relegated, but now I've spent years following them for no good reason.

26. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Derby having significant financial issues at the moment. Players were only paid half their wages in December. Speculation that higher value players such as Knight might need to be swiftly sold to raise funds to avoid administration.

28. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    https://twitter.com/dcfcofficial/sta...659129345?s=19

Big show of faith from Rooney. 19 year old Knight captains Derby today. I think Curtis Davies, David Marshall and Rooney himself have featured as captain this season. All three of those men are 35. 16 years older than Knight.

30. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast