Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Knight (M Bristol City b.2001)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Jason Knight linked with a move away from Derby. Supposedly Derby need to raise money and Knight is linked with an £8m move to either Leeds or Burnley. Newcastle and Everton are two other clubs also mentioned as showing interest in Knight.

Also made his 100th appearance for Derby at the weekend. If he does move this month would love for it to be Leeds. Long term I think that move works out best for him. The lad is still rough around the edges and a coach like Bielsa could get the best out of him.

Short term he might see his game time drop, though Leeds are being hit bad with injuries ATM. With the amount of game time he's gotten so far at Derby I think he can afford the short term drop for a long term gain of improving himself all round as player by working with someone like Bielsa.
    I agree, he will have to win his place. But thats football. It would be a great move.
    Burnley may be relegated so I wouldn't fancy that. Newcastle won't work either.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    I agree, he will have to win his place. But thats football. It would be a great move.
    Burnley may be relegated so I wouldn't fancy that. Newcastle won't work either.
    And unlike Newcastle I can't see Burnley coming back up if either club gets relegated.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    I think he gets game time at any of Leeds, Burnley, Newcastle or Everton. How much will probably depend on his immediate impact in the initial chances. None of those clubs are making a signing in January this year that they don't intend on giving game time to immediately in order to improve their situation. Leeds could be great for him, if Rooney moved to Everton and he followed it could work out great, but would also be the most potential for disaster.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Knight and Ebosele named in the 21 under 21 EFL players to watch
    https://www.skysports.com/football/s...ars-of-the-efl
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Knight and Ebosele named in the 21 under 21 EFL players to watch
    https://www.skysports.com/football/s...ars-of-the-efl
    Festy could be joining Udinese too.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrhys_Dolan

Good chance this lad is eligible?

How is he doing a medical now? Has the transfer window not closed? Or is the Italian one different?

Of the two the last day he stood out much more than knight. Interesting why udinese are involved with Irish players all of a sudden
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Free agent in the summer and can sign a pre contract.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Any transfer rumours for Knight? Wonder would it be a Premier league team or Top Championship side that would be better for his development? Would love to see him in the Premier league personally…
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Linked with Burnley….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

10. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Wouldn't be the worst move in the world for him. And with Company in charge Jason is likely to improve his standards

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    This would be a typical unambitious move Irish players that go nowhere have been known for, Knight has 70+ games in the Championship at the age of 20, what will he learn playing another season there? An ambitious player who wants to go to the very top should be backing themselves in the premiership to fight for their place in the team at the weekend, that along with training with better players day in day out makes a premiership move the clear option, if a PL team comes in for him then he shouldn’t even consider Burnley.

And can people stop this nonsense that Kompany is a god and will improve all these Burnley, there is absolutely 0 evidence this will happen and if anything with the amount of players they are losing there is a far greater chance Burnley will be mid table than challenging for promotion.

13. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    This would be a typical unambitious move Irish players that go nowhere have been known for, Knight has 70+ games in the Championship at the age of 20, what will he learn playing another season there? An ambitious player who wants to go to the very top should be backing themselves in the premiership to fight for their place in the team at the weekend, that along with training with better players day in day out makes a premiership move the clear option, if a PL team comes in for him then he shouldn’t even consider Burnley.

And can people stop this nonsense that Kompany is a god and will improve all these Burnley, there is absolutely 0 evidence this will happen and if anything with the amount of players they are losing there is a far greater chance Burnley will be mid table than challenging for promotion.
    And what if a Premiership club does not come in for him ?

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    They quite possibly won’t. Knight has been a consistently effective player at Derby, but has also been a stand out player for us at international level. I don’t doubt he has PL pedigree but playing well for Ireland and playing well in the Championship doesn’t seem to be enough to get automatically noticed by PL clubs anymore.

17. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts

Good post. As the brits would say " a nonsense" around Kompany because he had Cullen playing for him and Cullen has been effective for us in most of his games.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    He’s a 20 year old full international who’s got 70+ championship appearances, even captaining them at times, and is now in L1 and will likely go for cheap…if there isn’t Premiership interest I’d be shocked and if we are being honest there is about as much interest from the PL as there is from Burnley…

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    He’s a 20 year old full international who’s got 70+ championship appearances, even captaining them at times, and is now in L1 and will likely go for cheap…if there isn’t Premiership interest I’d be shocked and if we are being honest there is about as much interest from the PL as there is from Burnley…
    There certainly is a lot of clubs that could afford to buy him.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    There certainly is a lot of clubs that could afford to buy him.
    Even if a PL team only wanted him as a sporadic player I’d be shocked if there wasn’t interest.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Certainly he's a player with promise, but I'm not sure I've seen enough to indicate he would vastly improve a team at premier league level. Maybe he would belong there, but on paper he's a promising young player on a team that just got relegated to League 1 -- and a promising player on an international team which has done nothing significant in a long time.

While I'd love to see him go to the Prem and start there, perhaps playing on a promotion pushing Championship team is more appropriate at this stage of his development.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

24. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    I wonder would there be any interest in Knight from outside of England? We've seen a few young Irish lads going to Italy recently. Knight would definitely be technically good enough to play in any top division I think.

Probably wishful thinking on my part but I love seeing that some Irish lads are willing to go further afield. Ollie O'Neill going on loan to Croatia is another recent example.

In Knights case there would be a fairly decent fee involved that would put off some clubs but as others have said he has proved himself in the Championship already so I'd like to think he can do better

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Certainly he's a player with promise, but I'm not sure I've seen enough to indicate he would vastly improve a team at premier league level. Maybe he would belong there, but on paper he's a promising young player on a team that just got relegated to League 1 -- and a promising player on an international team which has done nothing significant in a long time.

While I'd love to see him go to the Prem and start there, perhaps playing on a promotion pushing Championship team is more appropriate at this stage of his development.
    He’s already done that, going to another championship team is just a typical conservative Irish move, he needs to back himself at a higher level if he wants to keep improving as he’ll be training with and playing against better players day in day out.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast