Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Jason Knight (M Derby b.2001)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    He sets up a few in. Had 4 assists I think, Needs a move ASAP. right back, my aunt!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Biggest issus with Knight is they don't know how to effectively use him but can't afford to not have the intensity he brings to the game so just stick him anywhere. Think LB and CB are the only two outfield positions he hasn't played yet for Derby.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    I think Knight has potential and I like him but it’s never been obvious to me that he’s exceptional. It’s an extreme contrast to Collins who I believe will be a Champions League level player within three years.
    Collins and Bazunu are potentially generational players though, we may not produce anyone else of that standard in the next 10 years so it's probably not fair to judge every other player by their standards. They may well both go on and become established players for top 6 teams, but that doesn't mean others won't go on and also have very successful careers, though maybe at a slightly lower level.

Knight for me looks as good as anyone I have seen in our youth setup in the last five years, outside of those two. I'd be fairly confident that he will become an established player at Premier League or and equivalent league in Europe within the next two or three years. So it is a bit of a surprise that there hasn't yet been a team wiling to throw a few million at Derby to take him on.

When you factor in that he qualifies as a home grown player and also that he is at an age where he doesn't need to be included in a 25 man squad for the coming season, he would basically be almost a free hit for any EPL team outside of the top seven or eight teams. Hopefully he gets something sorted by the end of the month - I do have a nagging fear that Celtic might see him as worth a cheap punt towards the end of the transfer window.

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Collins and Bazunu are potentially generational players though, we may not produce anyone else of that standard in the next 10 years so it's probably not fair to judge every other player by their standards. They may well both go on and become established players for top 6 teams, but that doesn't mean others won't go on and also have very successful careers, though maybe at a slightly lower level.

Knight for me looks as good as anyone I have seen in our youth setup in the last five years, outside of those two. I'd be fairly confident that he will become an established player at Premier League or and equivalent league in Europe within the next two or three years. So it is a bit of a surprise that there hasn't yet been a team wiling to throw a few million at Derby to take him on.

When you factor in that he qualifies as a home grown player and also that he is at an age where he doesn't need to be included in a 25 man squad for the coming season, he would basically be almost a free hit for any EPL team outside of the top seven or eight teams. Hopefully he gets something sorted by the end of the month - I do have a nagging fear that Celtic might see him as worth a cheap punt towards the end of the transfer window.
    I'd vomit he he goes to Scotland
    His agent is a lemon for allowing this to happen. He is too good for Birmingham as well

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts
    I think if you were him at this stage you might just hang on and move on a free next summer. No harm playing right back for a bit to improve his defensive awareness and develop his attacking ability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,201 Posts
    Nothing earth shattering in here but it does reveal that Burnley have expressed an interest (and that Derby are valuing Knight really highly). Would be nice to see him link up with the Burnley Irish - Cullen, Costelloe, McNally and Long.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jason-knight-birmingham-derby-transfer-7423083

(I have absolutely no idea why I can’t seem to post hyperlinks on here anymore!! Sorry!)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    Burnley signed an attacking midfielder during the week, so that might limit their interest in Knight now, though they are doing a full squad rebuild so you'd never know.

It's a shame Knight's contract had the year still on it or he could have just walked away like many others. Derby haven't shown themselves to be particularly loyal to their players in the past, so it might be getting towards the point where he needs to play a bit of hardball and try to force a move, even if he loses the support of their fans as a result. He doesn't owe them anything at this stage.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Nothing earth shattering in here but it does reveal that Burnley have expressed an interest (and that Derby are valuing Knight really highly). Would be nice to see him link up with the Burnley Irish - Cullen, Costelloe, McNally and Long.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...ansfer-7423083

(I have absolutely no idea why I can’t seem to post hyperlinks on here anymore!! Sorry!)
    Yeah Derby have the safety net of being entitled to compensation and probably decent compensation for Knight if he joins another English club given his experience for club and country. They can afford to play hard ball with the valuation this early in the season. Might see him move in January when he can sign a pre contract for teams outside England and move for a couple of million.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Burnley signed an attacking midfielder during the week, so that might limit their interest in Knight now, though they are doing a full squad rebuild so you'd never know.

It's a shame Knight's contract had the year still on it or he could have just walked away like many others. Derby haven't shown themselves to be particularly loyal to their players in the past, so it might be getting towards the point where he needs to play a bit of hardball and try to force a move, even if he loses the support of their fans as a result. He doesn't owe them anything at this stage.
    Manuel Benson is a winger so probably come in and replace Costello in the team.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Derby manager Liam Rosenior stresses that he wants Knight to stay, acknowledges the media speculation about his future but says there have been no offers for him. (Football League World, 5 August).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Manuel Benson is a winger so probably come in and replace Costello in the team.
    Cornet just moved to west ham so still space for Costello, if he can impress Kompany. Starts again today

13. Thanks From:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011